• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
if he can say that directly it would be nice. I am still very confused.

phoenix it is not an attack on you. You voted the best you could in the situation. I am just complaining that the rules were fundamentally changed and that this could have DISCOURAGED a person who was going to vote for luigi. I can see this from both sides of the story but if limit could give a complete explanation it would be nice to know

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
When I said "out of the game" I meant this game, not Brawl. Although, I don't think he should be in Brawl. He is just a SMRPG fanboy's dream who really has no business being in. I know it's likely due to polls and such and I wouldn't be terribly upset (like if someone like Waluigi was in)...but I still think he is very undeserving of a spot. My opinion.

And when I'm referring to "those types of people," pretty much everyone who supports Geno is included because they're all just SMRPG fanboys who want a character in because of one game they liked, without weighing how deserving he is...
That's not true at all though. For example, I've weighed his possibilities as pretty good and I support him as he'd be unique and interesting. I never even used him in SMRPG. [ I used Mario PEach and Bowser] But I feel he'd be a great addition from his uniqness, not only in design but with his moves.

Now as to likelyhood the fact that he scored Sakurai's interest and did well on the poll cements him as likely, and that doesn't have anything to do with fanboyism.

I mean, you've probably heard this more than a million times, but look at the Ice Climbers. =p Geno may not be known be everyone, but a guarantee more people know about him than anyone knew about The Ice Climbers before Melee.

My point is, not everyone who supports Geno is a blind fanboy, and it's merely your oppinion that he's not deserving. I've looked at the same situations as you and gleaned a different view. And like I said, I don't even LOVE Geno to the level a lot of the fanboys do.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well looks like my most hated character has gotten first. Better than my two most hated characters... well... behind Sora.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Limit I honestly feel that the last round should be re-done. Luigi and Falcon should really have a face off to see who gets to face geno for the championship because in earnest the rules were changed before the last round. Members who had under 50 posts may have read the rules and noticed that they could not post. Therefore someone with lets say 30 posts that was going to vote for luigi couldnt because of this rule change. Then someone with under 50 posts voted for falcon and this vote was accepted. I dont see the fairness in this. The game has gone smoothly until this point and I think a luigi vs falcon vote would solve this problem and would bring back fairness to the game! Please earnestly consider this.
While I understand your disappointment in the matter, I have stated several times that my ultimate goal in this game was to ensure that all data was legitimate and accurate. To withhold my personal promise, I created a 25 post requirement that has yet to have any significant effect on the outcome of the game until now. I thought of it more like a speed limit: I don't mind if you went a little bit over, but if I saw you were endangering the lives of others through reckless driving, then I found you to be in violation of the law.

In this case, the rule was only meant to prohibit illegitimate voters, and I began to observe one particular poster that seemed quite suspicious. With the final rounds nearing, I've also noticed several new members who sprang up with just over 25 posts accumulated as quickly as possible (You being one of my suspicions, swim2007) -- with the sole purpose of voting in this game I might add. I should've just disqualified those players, but before the start of Round 27, I impetuously doubled that requirement out of spite.

Phoenix Rising has voted in previous rounds and I have deemed him a legitimate voter. It just wouldn't seem right to invalidate his vote now just because of an unfortunate circumstance that was completely outside of his control, and had absolutely nothing to do with him.

I'm sorry, but my decision is final, I'm hoping everyone will enjoy the final round no matter who's favorite characters weren't able to make it this far.

raul

Smash Lord
While I understand your disappointment in the matter, I have stated several times that my ultimate goal in this game was to ensure that all data was legitimate and accurate. To withhold my personal promise, I created a 25 post requirement that has yet to have any significant effect on the outcome of the game until now. I thought of it more like a speed limit: I don't mind if you went a little bit over, but if I saw you were endangering the lives of others through reckless driving, then I found you to be in violation of the law.

In this case, the rule was only meant to prohibit illegitimate voters, and I began to observe one particular poster that seemed quite suspicious. With the final rounds nearing, I've also noticed several new members who sprang up with just over 25 posts accumulated as quickly as possible (You being one of my suspicions, swim2007) -- with the sole purpose of voting in this game I might add. I should've just disqualified those players, but before the start of Round 27, I impetuously doubled that requirement out of spite.

Phoenix Rising has voted in previous rounds and I have deemed him a legitimate voter. It just wouldn't seem right to invalidate his vote now just because of an unfortunate circumstance that was completely outside of his control, and had absolutely nothing to do with him.

I'm sorry, but my decision is final, I'm hoping everyone will enjoy the final round no matter who's favorite characters weren't able to make it this far.
LET THE RECORD SHOW: LIMIT IS THE LAW

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I said "out of the game" I meant this game, not Brawl. Although, I don't think he should be in Brawl. He is just a SMRPG fanboy's dream who really has no business being in. I know it's likely due to polls and such and I wouldn't be terribly upset (like if someone like Waluigi was in)...but I still think he is very undeserving of a spot. My opinion.

And when I'm referring to "those types of people," pretty much everyone who supports Geno is included because they're all just SMRPG fanboys who want a character in because of one game they liked, without weighing how deserving he is...
Who the **** is anyone but Sakurai to judge who is worthy...

...anyway your saying one troll that no one has ever seen before represents the entire Geno fans...

Well, I can represent one fan out of any group and stereotype them negatively

RDK

Smash Hero
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

The Ridley thread vs. the Geno thread.

And when does the next voting round start?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

The Ridley thread vs. the Geno thread.

And when does the next voting round start?
Ridley was eliminated because no one from Ridley was online...

I wanted to vote for Ridley but I had earlier...

...I forgot that though...

Anyway, someone else voted for Luigi and purposely eliminated Ridley before anyone could show up...

Unless I missed something...?

RDK

Smash Hero
WTF? Ridley is already eliminated? Forget this.

Unless characters like Ashley are left. In which case I'll just use my votes to eliminate them.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
Ridley was eliminated because no one from Ridley was online...

I wanted to vote for Ridley but I had earlier...

...I forgot that though...

Anyway, someone else voted for Luigi and purposely eliminated Ridley before anyone could show up...

Unless I missed something...?
Sorry, I tried to save Ridley. At least Geno is still left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom