• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
They makes sense once you know the answers, but if you were to try to come up with them yourself you'd never think of those answers because they're so farfetched.

Sandy

Smash Champion
He writes, "Your exact weight"

Your correct! Two riddles this time:

A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
For the first riddle:
They are on a holiday. She 'shoots' a picture of him, puts him in the shower and I can't think of what the hanging part would be.

For the second riddle:
The 'other dollar' went nowhere(or back to the customers if you like). The bellhop substracted the 2 dollars from the 5 he should've returned, not from total of $30.

Sandy

Smash Champion
For the first riddle:
They are on a holiday. She 'shoots' a picture of him, puts him in the shower and I can't think of what the hanging part would be.

For the second riddle:
The 'other dollar' went nowhere(or back to the customers if you like). The bellhop substracted the 2 dollars from the 5 he should've returned, not from total of $30.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.

The facts in this riddle are clear: There is an initial $30 charge. It should have been $25, so $5 must be returned and accounted for. $3 is given to the 3 friends, $2 is kept by the bellhop - there you have the $5. The trick to this riddle is that the addition and subtraction are done at the wrong times to misdirect your thinking - and quite successfully for most. Each of the 3 friends did indeed pay $9, not $10, and as far as the friends are concerned, they paid $27 for the night. But we know that the clerk will tell us that they were charged only $25 and when you add the $3 returned with the $2 kept by the bellhop, you come up with $30.
[/FONT]

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
John takes 30 minutes to walk home from school, while his brother takes 40 minutes to walk home. Assuming they live at the same house (hence the distance they travel is the same), where will John overtake his brother if his brother has a 5 minute head-start?
John will overtake his brother 20 minutes after his brother leaves the school, at the halfway mark between his school and his home.

Sandy

Smash Champion
After teaching his class all about roman numerals (X = 10, IX=9 and so on) the teacher asked his class to draw a single continuous line and turn IX into 6. The only stipulation the teacher made was that the pen could not be lifted from the paper until the line was complete.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
If there were the amount of years in a decade as a sum of the numbers of a 10 level Paschal triangle and the amount of days in a year as in number replacements for letters (A=1 B=2 until Z) added all together. How many days are in this decade?

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
This is more of a math question than a riddle but whatever I guess

1+1+2+4=8 and 1*1*2*4=8

8 is both the sum and product of the numbers shown above. What is the smallest number of numbers that both add up to and multiply to get 2007?

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
Well nobody got mine so there are 1,100,385 days in the decade.

Here's a good one! Jesse had 31 customers at her store on Monday, the next day she had 14, and Wednsday was 41, then Thursday she had 15. Then Friday she had 59. Saturday (Today) she has 92. Tomorrow, how many customers will she have?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Well nobody got mine so there are 1,100,385 days in the decade.

Here's a good one! Jesse had 31 customers at her store on Monday, the next day she had 14, and Wednsday was 41, then Thursday she had 15. Then Friday she had 59. Saturday (Today) she has 92. Tomorrow, how many customers will she have?
None. Thy shall not worketh on thine Sabath.

Oh, and I really hate those situational riddles. A fly my butt.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I got a riddle...

A red house is made out of red bricks.
A blue house is made out of blue bricks.
A yellow house is made out of yellow bricks.
A purple house is made out of purple bricks.
A white house is made out of white bricks.
What is a black house made out of?
What is a green house made out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom