• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Eorlingas said:
Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister in the state of California?
If she's a widow, that means her husband is dead, thus it's impossible for him to marry her sister, regardless of what state it is.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
John is on a raft, adrift in the ocean with several other survivors of a shipwreck. The others are too weak, so he or Mike will swim to a nearby island to look for help. It is almost certainly suicidal, due to the circling sharks, but they have little else to hope for. Mike takes the lose change from his pocket and puts two pennies in a hat. He tells John that one is a 2005 penny, and the other 1975. If John picks the newer penny he can stay on the rat, and Mike will risk his life. If John picks the older penny, he must go. John has seen that both pennies were actually dated 1975, but he doesn't want to say anything, because Mike is a big guy. How does he win, and get Mike to go, without exposing him as a fraud in front of the others?
He's holding a coin of his own, dated 2005, in his hand and pretends to grab a coin out of the hat. If Mike noticed he would'nt be able to tell the others, otherwhise he'd be exposing himself.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
John is on a raft, adrift in the ocean with several other survivors of a shipwreck. The others are too weak, so he or Mike will swim to a nearby island to look for help. It is almost certainly suicidal, due to the circling sharks, but they have little else to hope for. Mike takes the lose change from his pocket and puts two pennies in a hat. He tells John that one is a 2005 penny, and the other 1975. If John picks the newer penny he can stay on the rat, and Mike will risk his life. If John picks the older penny, he must go. John has seen that both pennies were actually dated 1975, but he doesn't want to say anything, because Mike is a big guy. How does he win, and get Mike to go, without exposing him as a fraud in front of the others?
He picks his penny and then tells Mike he can't bear to look at the penny he picked and asks Mike to look at the extra penny to find out which one he didn't pick. Mike will pull out the other 1975 penny and John will say that he must have picked the 2005 one.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
He takes out either penny, and then "accidentally" drops it into the water. "****, sorry man. Well, just look into the hat and see which penny is left." Not wanting to reveal to the others that he was cheating, Mike reveals the older penny, so they'll think John got the newer one. Thus, Mike, keeping his honest reputation intact, plunges into the water.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
There are three men standing in an office and each feels like drinking coffee. To their luck there are exactly three cups of coffee left and there are 10 sugar packets left. Each man takes a cup of coffee and an odd number of packets of sugar. At the end, all 10 packets of sugar are gone. How is this possible?.

Sandy

Smash Champion
She was the assistant to a knife-thrower in a circus, and the new shoes made her stand two inches higher, throwing off the aim of the performer.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hmmm.......*thinking*............*thinking harder*..........Eureka! I've got it! She obviously was in a bad neighborhood and someone shanked her for her kicks. That's the best idea I could come up with.

Edit: Darn! I didn't get the riddle.

Anyway, I've got a riddle. Listen to this one.

A man turned off the lights of his house due to a severe thunderstorm for the rest of the evening. The following day, he found 3 ships totalted in his back yard the following day.

What happened?

Sandy

Smash Champion
To answer Shade: was he the caretaker of a lighthouse?

There are four people in an adventure race that need to get across a lake. They have a small canoe. The rules say that only the slowest person in the canoe can paddle, only one or two can be in the canoe at a time, and they must all cross in the canoe. From practice, they know that:

Ann can paddle across in 1 minute.

Bill can paddle across in 2 minutes.

Sue can paddle across in 5 minutes.

Mike can paddle across in 10 minutes.

How do they get everyone across the river in the fastest time without breaking the rules?

Sandy

Smash Champion
Easy. They take Ann on the first trip, he paddles back, and the order doesn't really matter.

There are five crossings, counting both directions. Bill paddles across with Ann, and returns alone. Then Mike paddles across with Sue, and Ann paddles back. Bill then paddles back with Ann. The total time is 17 minutes, which is the shortest possible, although Ann could have done the second crossing, and Bill from the fourth, and the result would be the same. The crucial point is that Sue and Mike had to make the third crossing.

Sandy

Smash Champion
A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murderer. Who did it and how did they know?

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
There are four people who are the exact same size and they are exact clones of each other with no genetic variation whatsoever. They are blindfolded and put in a prison cell. They need food, so how do they decide which one must be cannibalized first? There are NO EXCEPTIONS when I say they are the exact same thing as each other. No stupid answers like they flip a coin or w/e none of that stupid stuff this is a PERFECTLY LOGICAL QUESTION. Requires intense level of lateral thinking.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
okay heres one! i have 2 coins that make 30¢ when u add them up but one of them is not a quarter. oh and why would a prison lock up clones in a jail cell without food? wow this is tough i give. Also the wife killed her husband wasnt she sleeping?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The mail doesn't come on Sunday, I guess. The maid did it.

Edit: I hate valtiel's riddle. It makes no sense at all. "Other one is a quarter" my foot.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too good with riddles, for Frankie's riddle, it was the cook because he had the knife in the kitchen. I probably got it wrong. I have no logic at all.

Sandy

Smash Champion
A man was found murdered on Sunday morning. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis:
The Wife said she was sleeping.
The Cook was cooking breakfast.
The Gardener was picking vegetables.
The Maid was getting the mail.
The Butler was cleaning the closet.

The police instantly arrested the murderer. Who did it and how did they know?
It was the Maid. She said she was getting the mail. There is no mail on Sunday! (next day air and email doesn't count)

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I guess he didn't say exactly when he would write the boy's weight down. He could write a random one, the boy could say he was wrong and give him the correct weight, then the man would procede to write it down.

Or he could write 1,2,3...

I have no idea about the clones one.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
It was the Maid. She said she was getting the mail. There is no mail on Sunday! (next day air and email doesn't count)

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

I stink but I might as well give this a try, there was no gravity in the booth so he weighed 0 pounds. Call me stupid.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
With the genetic question, I am clueless but... Nobody has the same fingerprints so they match their fingerprints. Or maybe they open the peoples' stomach and see who has food in it. IDK.

Volrec

Smash Lord

Easy.
He writes, "Your exact weight"

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
The teacher scored and averaged scores on a test while sitting down in her spot. There were 75 desks in one classroom, there were 100's on blue desks, 90's on Reds, and 80's on Greens for a test. 35 tables were blue and 23 tables were Red and then 16 for Green. Those were only 74 people mentioned. What is the percent on the last paper?

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Ummm is it cuz she didnt finish grading the last test? Or was someone absent. Well anyways heres another one from me. Your in a solid room with no doors, vents, or windows. The only things you see are a mirror and table. How do you escape?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
The teacher scored and averaged scores on a test while sitting down in her spot. There were 75 desks in one classroom, there were 100's on blue desks, 90's on Reds, and 80's on Greens for a test. 35 tables were blue and 23 tables were Red and then 16 for Green. Those were only 74 people mentioned. What is the percent on the last paper?
If she looked at the desks in that order, then she looked at a green desk last, making the percent on the last paper an 80. The teacher is sitting in the 75th desk.

metroid1117

Smash Master
John takes 30 minutes to walk home from school, while his brother takes 40 minutes to walk home. Assuming they live at the same house (hence the distance they travel is the same), where will John overtake his brother if his brother has a 5 minute head-start?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Who do you think you are, trying to trick me into doing Math?

Here are some Wampanoag (Native American tribe) riddles I found. :p
I have a hole burnt in the middle but I still float. What am I?
A mishoon.
A mishoon is a long canoe-like boat made of wood. It is hollowed out by making a small fire on top of a large log, and using a large stone scraping tool to scrape away the burned areas.
I am the one who brought the corn to the Wampanoag thousands of years ago. I am black with wings, and I also hop on the ground; Who am I?
The Crow.
Wampanoag People always honor Crow. In our oral history stories, the crow brought us the first corn and bean seeds, over a thousand years ago
Answer:I am the shape of all things given by The Creator, I have no beginning and I have no end. I am the shape of Life itself. What shape am I?
A Circle.
Among Native People, the shape of a circle is important. It represents the Earth, the stars, the sun, the moon, our bodies and the cycles of life (birth to death). We call it the “sacred hoop” because it is one unbroken and connected line.
When is a cooking vessel part of the ground?
When it is made of clay
Wampanoag People have cooked their food in clay pots for many thousands of years. With prayers of thanksgiving, clay was taken from the ground and fashioned into rounded pots using a coiled method.
They make no sense! >_<

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
what do you mean make no sense?

canoe-theres a hole cut out, its where you sit...
crow-a crow probably ate corn, then flew over and crapped out the seed, and it grew (yes stuff like this actually happens...)
circle-come on, havent you ever seen the lion king?
clay-uhh, clay is found in the earth. so...

the walking riddle-its not a riddle, and i dont feel like solving math problems right now...

the prison cell-they eat the prison guard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom