• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Just to let you guys know...I have suggested some rule changes in the mafia waiting list thread and suggest you check it out and see what I have to say...I believe that my rules will make these games funner and faster...just to let you know :)

Well it is 9:12 where I live (eastern)...

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow. You guys lynched me. Or atleast you would have had Eorlingas not been so nice. Let me take a look at what the majority of your arguments against me are. "z0mg l00k fr0z3fl4m3 1s l13k t3h susp1c10us f0r n0 r34s0n th4t I c4n th1nk 0f1!1!!!1!1!1! VOTEVOTEVOTEMINDLESSBANDWAGONVOTELOLZ"

I find it saddening how I'm the one getting badwagoned when I actually give reasons for my votes, whilst the rest of you seem to simply use the reasoning "his ideas are too radical lynch him".

Firstly, I'd like to point out that Riciardos is pretty much guaranteed to be mafia. Not only did he place the hammer vote on me after he knew that all it would take was one more voet to lynch me. What reasoning did he have you ask? Why would you look at that, "zomg frozenflame is suspicious VOTEVOTEVOETLAWLZORXVOTE!!!!"

Moving on once again I have been dissapointed to find that the real pregnant woman has been forced to counterclaim. As much as I didn't want this to happen, I would hope this is enough to convince you all that ligolski is mafia and I was right. If you still decide to lynch me after this turn of events I'm not sure I could even comprehend how terrible a mistake that would be. By beleiving ligolski you are literally eating out of the mafia's hands.

Now I feel I should address a few things before I'm lynched:

thedocsalive said:
Let me start the ligolski/pregnant woman argument from scratch. Point out any mistakes. I think frozen still disagrees here, so I'm posting this. Oh, and it's kinda late. If there's anything I was supposed to address but didn't, point it out and I'll check it out tomorrow (done with high school!).

1) The pregnant woman is not mafia, and is probably pro-town. She COULD be independent, but I really doubt it.
2) It is good for the mafia if they have the pregnant woman when she gives birth.
3) We assume that "having her" is performed by capturing.
4) While it would probably benefit the mafia to have her dead, as it's another pro-town (or possibly independent) player dead, it appears more helpful to capture her when she gives birth.
5) If we believe four to be true, then our goal should be to protect the pregnant woman from being captured, as a primary goal. As a secondary goal, we should try to protect her from being killed as well.
6) ligolski claims pregnant woman.
7) There is no definitive evidence as to the truth of 6). However, I see no reason to disbelieve ligolski unless there is a counterclaim. Therefore, at the moment, I believe ligolski to the pregnant woman.
8) Assuming 7) is true, we should wish to achieve the goals of 5). These can be accomplished by throwing ligolski in the hatch at night. He cannot be captured, nor killed while in the hatch.
Alright, numbers 1-4 or correct, so I don't need to say anything about them.

#5:Yes, our primary goal is to protect the pregnant woman from being captured. Now tell me, what is the ONLY possible way we can guarantee that the mafia will not capture her? KILLING HER. There is no safer way to prevent the mafia from capturing her END OF STORY. Now please explain to me exactly why our secondary goal is to protect her from being killed. If you are sayign this because she is a town role, then obviously it would be ideal to keep her alive, however, I see no reason why keeping her alive is any better than keeping any other town member alive. As a matter of fact, if given the choice between lynchign her and any otehr town member, I'd lynch her because SHE IS A THREAT TO THE TOWN. Not once has there been any mention of the pregnant woman havign any significant ability to AID the town. All she can do is HURT IT. However, now that falcoX has told us he is giving birth tonight, lynching the pregnant woman is out of the question. All we need to do now is make sure she is not captured at all costs, which means WHOMEVER CONTROLS THE HATCH PROTECT FALCOX TONIGHT!

#7: The next paragraph deals with this.

#8: I've already explained why I don't like the idea of relying on the hatch to protect the pregnant woman. Go back, you'll find it.
thedocsalive said:
As I've said before, you were putting him under some pretty heavy pressure. If it weren't for the fact that we were in the middle of an event at the time, you would have been voting him and he would have had to claim. And again, for all the points you brought against ligolski, if he responded with only "I can't join events for a role-related reason, but I'm pro-town," I REALLY doubt you would have trusted him at all. Hell, I would have been suspicious of that too. But a claim as specific of that HAS to be believed, unless countered. And yes, I've defended ligolski, because I believe him to be pro-town. This is a role we can almost guarantee is in the game, and can guarantee that it is not mafia. At this point, lynching a townie could have very bad effects.
No, it wasn't a dire situation. Should he have claimed that early? Probably not. Would he have had to claim eventually today? Probably.[/quote]Yes I was putting pressure on him but that doesn't mean anything. HE HAD NO VOTES ON HIM. It doesn't matter how suspicious someone is of you, your don't truely have any pressure until people start voting for you. And even if I was able to vote for him, one vote doesn't mean anything, atleast nto when it takes 6 vote sto lynch. Notice how I wa sreally the only person convinced enough that ligolski was mafia to vote for him, which means he STILL would not have been under extreme pressure even if I could vote. And yes you're right, even if he had only said "I can't join events because of my role but I can't tell you anything else", I still would not have asked him to roleclaim becaus ethat would only complicate matters. I knew that by telling him to counterclaim, I was essentially allowing him as a mafia member to draw out an important town role in the form of a counter claim. I tried desperately to prevent this as you all saw but unfortunately my efforts went unrewarded; Ligolski's plan succeeded.

No, it wasn't a dire situation. And since when is it ok to do something earlier than you should have just because it PROBABLY will happen later? You said it yourself doc, [roughly] "There is no reason to not beleive ligolski's claim unless we are CERTAIN that he is lying." So it's ok for you to argue that you can act even when you aren't certain about something, but it's not ok for me to argue that we should act even if we aren't certain? Hypocrisy pains me.

thedocsalive said:
Oh, and a vote count was formed while I was typing this. Um...the bandwagon on frozenflame went from zero to lynch minus one hella fast. I have differing views from frozenflame on several issues (at this point, all the major topics of discussion ), but I really don't think he's mafia.
Well atleast you don't think I'm mafia. You're higher than the rest of the people who have bandwagonned me with no reaosning.
thedocsalive said:
His theory was weak, and now pretty much disproven, but I had something like that myself. His stubbornness in trying to push it is something I disagree with though. We've seen a mafia on events (someone who wasn't really accused all day, IIRC), independents, and towns. There could be other roles that restrict event joining, such as the pregnant woman.
My theory was not weak. We were never even able to test it! How can it be disproven if we never even tested it?! I said that it was highly probable that one of the mafia members had the ability to join events, and that turned out to be true. What does an independant being able to join an event have to do with ANYTHING? I never said that independant couldn't join events. And what's this? More uncertainty? You say my theory is weak because there COULD be town roles that can't join events. So it is ok to be uncertain about things and still use them in an argument in this case, but I'm not allowed to be uncertain when I make an argument? I'll say it once again; hypocrisy pains me.

thedocsalive said:
frozen has already nameclaimed on that event, but hasn't roleclaimed (unless I missed it?). Given the votecount, a nice defense and/or full roleclaim appears to be in order.
I've been defending my ideas for pages now, yet no one seems to be able to comprehend my reasoning, which is understandabel seeing as how everyone who has voted for me has no good reasons. However, seeing as how this is lynch or lose (10 uncaptured players, 4 mafia, 6 town [assuming there was only one independant.] Lynching me = -1 town, mafia nightkill= -1 town which means 4 town- 4 mafia which means game over, mafia wins.) a full role claim is in order.

I am Mr. Eko. I am an ex-nigerian warlord who has become a pacifist christian missionary.

Obviously I am town alligned and my ability is having a 75% chance of killing anyone who attempts to kill/capture me. However if this happens I will be sad the next day and unable to vote.

There you have it folks. If I'm lynched, game over.

One last thing to address:

ligolski said:
I will address everything, I hope, in order...
1.) frozen that was very out of order with the swearing and mass amount of caps...soUV is new, though he has said he has followed this game along I disagree with the level of your response...I know you hate to repeat yourself as many others do too but that was way too out of line...
let me define mature for you: Suitable or intended for adults
now would you say all that to your teacher swear words and the tone that you apply...absolutly not, therefore YOU are the one who is inmature no matter how irresponsable one is >the way you speak to someone is more important...and if you are not having fun then leave this game...everyone should be respectful to everyone else...here is an anology> do you yell and swear at a kid with ADD (no offense to anyone what so ever) for having to repeat yourself severel times...NO...you deal with it as a normal, polite, respectful person would...The way you have acted towards this forced repitition is absurd and unrespectful to everyone in this thread whether directed at them or not...
Ligolski, I am sick and tired of your "oh lets all be ethical and nice to each other" crap. It has no context to teh game whatsoever. This game is supposed to be about debating whether or not people are likely to be mafia and WHY. The way someone chooses to respond to other's points has nothing to do with that. Its the POINTS that someone makes, NOT the way they make them that matters. You don't have to agree with they way I post, but you need to deal with it. If I was doing anything seriously offending, the mods would be doing something about it. As for your completely pointless lecture about teh definition of mature, I'll tell you this: I don't care whether the person has an authority position over me or not, if they disrespect me in any way (which includes wasting my time and effort) I will most certainly NOT respect them. Oh and another point, I don't think anyone in this game has ADD (and if they do this really isn't the game for them) therefore that pathetic analogy is pointless. Ok, so you find teh way I treat people who are disrespectful of me absurd? Well I find your criticism of me and yoru defense of them absurd. See where this discussion is going? Nowhere. Want to know why? Because it is based completely on opinion and has nothing to do with this game. Now for the love of god stop bringing it up.

As for the rest of your post, falcoX dealt with it pretty nicely.

So yeah, that concludes my post. I'm guessing the game is going to be over so good game. But if it isn't, I hope the mafia has fun eating the rest of you townies who can't think for themselves alive.

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
Slot Machine Game

Not sure if anyone has ever started a game like this. This game has been popular with frequent posters in other forums, so here's hoping you guys will like it.

Anyways, this game is basically an imaginary slot machine. You insert a coin into it, and the next person to post posts what you win(or lose), or whatever may come out of the slot machine. Then that poster would insert another coin to keep the reels spinning and the next post would continue.

Example: (previous post)*insert coin*

(current post)You win a ferocious fire-breathing dragon! It fits right in your pocket too!

*insert coin*

(next poster posts something new)

So I'll just start it off by inserting a shiny coin.
*inserts coin*

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You all decide to be stupid and lynch Frozenflame, even though he murdered a mafia player in plain site. He was Mr. Eko, town aligned

It is now Night 4 . Send me night abilities. No posting at night

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No posting at night.

I'm guessing you didn't see the above post or were typing while doing it, so I wont add a point.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Nothing like a Godfather who died the first day.

Well played, Drab.

Ender, thank you for recognizing that this game was dead. Some people would have just let it fester and rot.

edit: I partially told the truth. I was Dark Samus, not Samus. And yes, the Mafia were all over this one. Y'all would've been toast anyways. Be glad this happened.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
There's no question that
SSBB will rock; but
we don't know how, yet.

Write about Puff the Magic Dragon.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
KillerPlacebos was mafia? I feel dirty . . . too bad he only posted twice.

So, what exactly happened when I cooked that one day?

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
GOLD STATUE: 10 points- Typh and Bahamut

SILVER MEDALLION: 8 points- Duke and Lance87

BRONZE MIRROR: 6 points- Camo-man

IRON CANDLESTICK: 5 points

PRETTY EARRINGS: 4 points

POOP: 2 points

Scores

Duke- 13
Lance87- 13
Camo-man- 8
Bahamut and Typh- 0

TIE OMGWTFBBQ!!!!! You both must agree on the same person to knock off. So Camo, Bahamut, and Typh, start praying!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
A naked picture of Matt comes out. You're head explodes from awsomness.

*inserts coin*

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Surprisingly, I only need one more role. If you are said person that hasn't sent a role in, please do so to quicken the game up.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
pezaddict said:
If 1 of my ideas is used, do I get to be back in the game, or no?
Half points do not count. I just use them as visuall cues. :dizzy: But your round was up so you could have voted for this.

ANYWAY, here is the winner:

Ganon!

Link was killed almost instantly by Ganon's awesome power. :evil: But wait! At the last second Link went through time and wasn't killed! His actions have caused bets to have only half effect (rounded up)!

1st: Vulpine51 10
2nd: pikachuZ
3rd: Entity 6
4th: Lowroad75 5
5th: Lordof... :dizzy: , Pezaddict, and Zman 4
6th: Zefvrinus 3
Dead Last: Mic_Fox 2 :laugh:

The continued matchup:

Y. Link and Zelda
vs.
Ganon​

With their triforces used up, Ganon and Younger now Link fight. Zelda joins the fray, but her connection is weak..

Great Bay
No items
Zelda hadicap 5
3:00 time match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom