• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ligolski said:
Ok...I am Claire...I cannot join the events because I am pregnant...there it is...This is why I cannot join and have been against frozenflame's theory...I am like an odd man out...Because I can't join and am town this shows that there may be others who are town like me and can't join...
Are you saying that you are that pregnant woman? Well now that the mafia knows who you are, the best course of action is to lynch you seeing as how if they have you in their possession (i.e. capture you) when you give birth, it will bring them one step closer to victory.

As a matter of fact, not only will lynching you prevent the mafia from making themselves more powerful, but it will also decide whether or not we should bother testing my theory. When we lynch you, if you show up town then obviously my theory is shot and we can forget about it. If you come up as mafia then not only are we one step closer to victory, but it will also confirm that I may be on to somethign with my theory.

IF ANYONE ELSE IS THE PREGNANT WOMAN DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM! IF LIGOLSKI IS MAFIA THIS COULD EASILY BE A PLOY TO DRAW THE REAL PREGNANT WOMAN OUT SO THEY CAN CAPTURE HER. I REAPEAT IF YOU ARE THE REAL PREGANT WOMAN DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM!

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
PIKACHUz said:
I'm goin all in.
4 on ????
I like it when people take risks, no money involved! :)

Guess who won:

Shadow Kirby!​

Kirby was walking along one day as usual. Suddenly a shadow appeared and it was a familiar shadow! It was shadow kirby (Kirby and the Amazing Mirror)! After a big long battle with tons of Bv SDs :laugh: ! Kirby did one too many SDs and lost :chuckle: !

1st: Vulpine51 10 1/2 points! :eek:
2nd: lowroad75 9 1/2 points
3rd: pikacuZ 8 points
4th: Entity 6 points
5th: : Lordofallmuffins and Zefvrinus 4 points
OUT: Pezaddict

The next matchup's credit goes to lowroad and vulpine for combinig their ideas (this is also the first AR match):

Peach
vs.
Zelda
vs.
Samus
vs.
Nana of IC​

Who is the best girl? :chuckle:

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Remember you and some others wanted me to say why I couldn't join the events...and I did...I said it may have dire consequences but you insisted...I would think it would be better if we work towards lynching a mafia and protecting me during the night...our numbers are too low to lynch me, then there would be probably 2 deaths at night both which might be townie...then we have to consider how many of us die during this event...if we lose that many more we are pretty much guarented to lose...

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ligolski said:
Remember you and some others wanted me to say why I couldn't join the events...and I did...I said it may have dire consequences but you insisted...I would think it would be better if we work towards lynching a mafia and protecting me during the night...our numbers are too low to lynch me, then there would be probably 2 deaths at night both which might be townie...then we have to consider how many of us die during this event...if we lose that many more we are pretty much guarented to lose...
Me and some others? *looks at thread* Ummmmm...it looks like ONE person insisted that you claim, and that person would be camo-man.

Also, lynching is the only safe course of action. Doc protecting you isn't going to protect you from being captured; it'll only protect you from the mafia/vig/sk/any killing ability. You make it sound as if lynching you is the only way people are going to die at night. Regardless of who we lynch, the mafia/Sk/vig get their nightkills. Lynching you has nothing to do with any of that unless you are mafia/sk/vig.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ok, in order to keep this going I am gonna be asking people to find replacements. I am already replacing Killerplacebos with Chill.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Well, lots to discuss as I missed a few days here. Let's start with my theory relating to events.

frozenflame751 said:
I only partially agree with thedocsalive's plan. While it is true that these events have had no immediate befefits for the town, I do not beleive we should boycott them just yet, and here is why. These events have a significant potential to be the greatest asset the town has had thus far. If my theory is correct, the events are able to literally root out 4 (if not all 5) mafia members. For this reason, I beleive we should participate in one more event, provided the event we are currently on follows the negative trend. If we just decide to boycott the events here and now we are essentially abandoning my theory without even giving it a chance. IMO, thedocsalive, ligolski, and riciardos should definiate join the next event seeing as how I beleive them to be the three most supicious people. if there ar emore slots open on teh next event, well, thats even better since we can clear more people.
The point was that, not only do the events not have clear benefits to the town, they do have clear negative effects. If this third event is not successful, why should we continue? The objective in this game is to kill the mafia (and independents too). If this event, with the objective to kill the mafia, is a failure, why should we continue? If this results in a loss for the town (death of its participants, more post restrictions, or otherwise) with no mafia deaths or other benefits, I really don't see what we gain from the events besides testing your theory on mafia not being able to join. And with ligolski's recent claim, it's possible that certain townies can't go on events. That's also consistent with his argument against your theory all along, so it makes sense. However, we have a bit of a wait before we resolve this issue completely. So I guess we'll leave it at that.

As I said before, ligolski's claim is believable because it is consistent with his behavior. I don't think we should lynch someone who we believe to be pro-town (or at least, I do), only to prevent the mafia capture. Besides, frozenflame...where did you get the idea that doc protection won't stop him from being captured? As far as I can tell, the doc protection is being thrown into the hatch. When in the hatch, a player cannot perform a night action, nor have a night action performed upon him/her. This seems like it would prevent ligolski from being captured. Even if it's not a true doc protect, it's certainly enough to protect the pregnant woman, IMO.

As for not counterclaiming, I disagree. Even though I think it's a useless point, as I believe ligolski ATM. It's like someone counterclaiming a doctor, except better. Yes, that doc will almost certainly be killed, but in doing so we reveal a mafia member. If every town player could sacrifice himself/herself in a one-for-one trade for a mafia, the town would be able to win easily. In addition, we have the point that the hatch should be able to protect the real Claire, if there is a counterclaim, as far as I can tell.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
thedocsalive said:
The point was that, not only do the events not have clear benefits to the town, they do have clear negative effects. If this third event is not successful, why should we continue? The objective in this game is to kill the mafia (and independents too). If this event, with the objective to kill the mafia, is a failure, why should we continue? If this results in a loss for the town (death of its participants, more post restrictions, or otherwise) with no mafia deaths or other benefits, I really don't see what we gain from the events besides testing your theory on mafia not being able to join. And with ligolski's recent claim, it's possible that certain townies can't go on events. That's also consistent with his argument against your theory all along, so it makes sense. However, we have a bit of a wait before we resolve this issue completely. So I guess we'll leave it at that.
Obviously the events have had direct negative effects without havign any positive ones. However, I beleive that they have the potential to have direct positive effects. Completely boycotting my theory just because you are afraid people are going to die is silly. Anything that has the power to reveal multiple mafia members should obviously be given a shot. Also, although ligolski's behavior is consistent with a townie who is unable to go on events, it is also consistent with a mafia member who can't on events as well is it not? For this reason, Ligolski could have easily made this false claim because it fits him so well. Not only would this claim allow him to live for another day, it would also cause the REAL pregnant women to reveal herself so that his mafia buddies can capture her.

thedocsalive said:
As I said before, ligolski's claim is believable because it is consistent with his behavior. I don't think we should lynch someone who we believe to be pro-town (or at least, I do), only to prevent the mafia capture. Besides, frozenflame...where did you get the idea that doc protection won't stop him from being captured? As far as I can tell, the doc protection is being thrown into the hatch. When in the hatch, a player cannot perform a night action, nor have a night action performed upon him/her. This seems like it would prevent ligolski from being captured. Even if it's not a true doc protect, it's certainly enough to protect the pregnant woman, IMO.
Firstly, I don't beleive ligolski is town which is why I am pushing so hard for his lynch. Secondly, I don't consider the hatch to be DOC protection. When I say DOC protection I mean DOC protection as in A STEREOTYPICAL DOCTOR. The hatch is obviously some roleblocker/roleprotection power, not a normal doctor role. Stereotypical doctors protect you against death and that is all. Thats where I got teh idea that a doc protect would not stop ligolski from being captured. Also, I see NO POINT to keeping teh pregnant women alive. As long as she is alive she is a serious threat to the town. Although I beleive it is much more likely that ligolski is mafia, even if he is teh true pregnant woman lynching him is the safest course of action. Its a win-win situation here folks. By lynching ligolski we are either elimating a mafia member or eliminating a potential threat. I can't see any better course of action.

thedocsalive said:
As for not counterclaiming, I disagree. Even though I think it's a useless point, as I believe ligolski ATM. It's like someone counterclaiming a doctor, except better. Yes, that doc will almost certainly be killed, but in doing so we reveal a mafia member. If every town player could sacrifice himself/herself in a one-for-one trade for a mafia, the town would be able to win easily. In addition, we have the point that the hatch should be able to protect the real Claire, if there is a counterclaim, as far as I can tell.
Why in the world would we want to have the pregnant women counter claim if we are going to lynch ligolski anyway? Furthermore, if you think it is pointless that why in yoru right mind woudl you want to do it? Your reasoning make absolutely no sense. By having the preganant women counter claim, all we are doing is adding a sacrifice to a situation that by no means needs one. Lynching ligolski is the ONLY course of action we should take unless some groundbreaking evidence 100% proved someone else as mafia. Until that happens, ligolski should be our lynch target. Doing anything else would be a HUGE mistake. I don't understand how you dont see this; lynching ligolski is a win-win situation.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Thought: frozen could be mafia and that killing the pregnant woman in any way would strengthen him and his team.

Thought #2: frozen has never been cleared as townie, so by pushing the mafia can't join events thing, he may be hoping to clear himself and his team by getting them to join events.

Thought #3: You can't always trust frozen no matter how much sense he makes. This applies to everyone the cop hasn't cleared or isn't dead.

Thought #4: We should do something about Okurama's prophecy.

That's about it for now. Thoughts only. I think frozen's making enough points about ligolski, so I don't need to.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
camo-man said:
Thought: frozen could be mafia and that killing the pregnant woman in any way would strengthen him and his team.
This makes absolutely NO SENSE. How in the world would killing the pregnant woman strengthen the mafia? It says on the very first post that one of the things that the mafia can do to bring them closer to victory is CAPTURE the pregnant woman. Can the mafia capture her if she's dead? NO! Even though I highly doubt ligolski is the real pregnant woman, even if he is killing her is by far the best choice because leaving her alive is extremely risky.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Oh, what? I already revealed my role!!! Noooo....

Ok, well, the rest of you know to lynch Eorlingas. (I don't think he's vig. He's pretty experienced at these games and I don't think he would mix them up. )

camo-man

Smash Cadet
frozen said:
This makes absolutely NO SENSE. How in the world would killing the pregnant woman strengthen the mafia? It says on the very first post that one of the things that the mafia can do to bring them closer to victory is CAPTURE the pregnant woman. Can the mafia capture her if she's dead? NO! Even though I highly doubt ligolski is the real pregnant woman, even if he is killing her is by far the best choice because leaving her alive is extremely risky.
Oops. Didn't read the first post too carefully. There's still the chance you're mafia, though, and that by pushing a lynch, you might get an easy win since none of the mafia have been taken out yet.

Mainly I trust you, but there's a little nagging doubt in me about you....

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Me and some others? *looks at thread* Ummmmm...it looks like ONE person insisted that you claim, and that person would be camo-man.
Actually YOU have also said that I should reveal...
Also ligolski I think NOW would be a good time to tell us why you can't join events, seeing as how by doing so you can help prevent us from wasting a space on teh event that we could be using to try and find a mafia member who can't join.
YOU posted this earlier...spoon feeding is very irratating...pwned...lol:)
Firstly, I don't beleive ligolski is town which is why I am pushing so hard for his lynch. Secondly, I don't consider the hatch to be DOC protection. When I say DOC protection I mean DOC protection as in A STEREOTYPICAL DOCTOR. The hatch is obviously some roleblocker/roleprotection power, not a normal doctor role.
When of any of these mafia games been orthodox to a pure mafia game??? It is very possible that who ever goes into the hatch is actually being protected...
And camo-man's "thought" about you frozen makes sense...you could be mafia and your mafia buddies have decided that because you guys are doing so well that you will not capture me and try to lynch me to make you look more town instead of mafia...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
O well...I can sing each night to one person and that protects them from Non-mafia kills...yea this game is pretty much over

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
ligolski said:
Actually YOU have also said that I should reveal...

YOU posted this earlier...spoon feeding is very irratating...pwned...lol:)
I said you should tell us why you couldn't join events. That does NOT mean roleclaim. Maybe if you had thought about what you were doing for a second, you would have realized that claiming that particular role would be devastating for the town. All you needed to say is that it has to do with my role but revealing it is much to risky. Also, I todl you to tell us why you couldn't join events a page ago. This is way before you said doing so would have dire consequences. Camo-man is the ONLY person who insisted that you claim AFTER you said it would have dire consequences. I don't need to be spoon-fed thank you very much. Pwned.

ligolski said:
When of any of these mafia games been orthodox to a pure mafia game??? It is very possible that who ever goes into the hatch is actually being protected...
And camo-man's "thought" about you frozen makes sense...you could be mafia and your mafia buddies have decided that because you guys are doing so well that you will not capture me and try to lynch me to make you look more town instead of mafia...
The fact that none of these games have been orthodox mafia games in completely irrelevant. Just because a game has a unique theme doesn not mean it can't have normal roles. So far every game has had a normal doc and a normal cop, therefore I am inclined to beleive that this game has a normal doc in it and that the hatch is not the doctor role.

As far as the idea that i could be mafia goes, I don't know about you guys, but I don't think any mafia member would go so far as to throw away such an important potential asset just to gain a little trust. Obviously thats just my opinion though.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Duke, Frozenflame, Camo-Man, and Rumikun

The decision is made. You cannot sit back and let the others take any of you without a fight. You all rush forward to the weapons catch to arm yourselfs. There are only three rifles, and four of you. With the suspicion that is on Duke, you decide that he will be the only one without a rifle. You are armed as following.

Duke: Two Luger pistols

Frozenflame: Rifle, Beretta

Camo-Man: Rifle, Beretta

Rumikun: Rifle, Beretta.

Frozenflame is the designated ammo man, and he loads a salvaged backpack with the ammunition.

Camo-man pulls out a bottle of scotch that survived the crash, and begins to take a drink from it.

"It's what the Irish used to do, before they went into battle."

You pass it around, and all take a swig from it. This is starting to feel sureal.

Ready and armed, you all set out to rescue your comrades.

You are all at nerves from the second you step into the jungle. Every broken stick is greeted with everyone pointing their guns. Frozenflame is the only one that seems to be more relaxed.

There is barely a track to follow, but Camo-man is leading you the best he can by the signs that he sees. You all rush to keep up with him, trying to not make any noise to alert anyone that might be watching.

It is nearly an hour of running when Frozenflame hears something. He takes a small, fleating glance behind him, before grabbing the closest person, which is Duke, but without slowing down in his pace.

"There is someone following us. No, dont look back." Frozen says to Duke, and Duke turns his neck.

"On the count of three, we will turn around and fire. He is directly behind me, close to the large brush on the left."

"One"

"Two"

"Three!"

Frozen and Duke both turn around, crouch, and open fire at the brush. The sound of the shots make the other two jump down, not knowing what is happening.

A man suddenly jumps from the brush, firing a pistol at you. He runs towards a tree without being hit, and hides behind it. Rumikun, realizing what is happening, begins to fire at the tree.

The man jumps out again, and only gets one shot off before Frozenflame hits him. A mist of red shoots out of his chest and he falls backwards, his gun firing into the air.

You all pause, waiting for something to happen. Your pants clog up the noise of the forest, and it is only after several minutes that you all get back up. You run over to the dead man, and to your surprise, you find out that none of you have ever seen him before. He wasn't at the camp.

Camo-man searches the body, but he finds nothing. No wallet, no ammo, no anything. Frozen, however, sees something on the ground by the brush. He walks towards it and picks it up, and finds out that it is a note on a yellow peice of paper.

"Ragamuffin Raptor

Zman

Duke

Frozenflame

Camo-man

Thedocsalive

Bahamut "

"What that?" Asked Camo, seeing that Frozen found something.

"It's a list."

"A list of what?"

"A list of us."

It is an hour later. You continued chasing after the Others, with Camo-man leading you again. You are now more confident, since you managed to defend yourselves and kill one of them, but the list unsettled you. Camo-man kept it to show the others when they get back. If they get back.

You continue untill it is dusk. The sun is setting, and night is creeping back into the sky.

"How fricken big is this place?"

You still continue, not willing to let your friends get taken. Camo-man, however, suddenly stops..

"What is it?" asked Frozenflame, surprised at the sudden halt.

"I lost the trail." Camo replied

"What?"

"I lost it. It just vanished."

"How can a trail just vanish!" yelled Frozenflame.

"It just did."

You all stir unconfortrably at this news.

"I can lead us back, though." said Camo, pointing to where you came from.

"We're not leaving." replied Frozen.

"Frozenflame, there is no trail. We can't go further."

"WE ARE NOT LEAVING THEM TO DIE!" Shouts Frozenflame751. "If we just go back, we will never see them again. And that will be on us."

"You're exactly right, Mr. Flame" said a booming voice from the jungle. Suddenly, a bearded man walks right into your view. He is unclean, with a ragged beard and clothes.

You all immediatly point your guns at him, but you also realize, sickenly, that this is another man that you dont realize.

"Ah, why don't we all just put our guns down?"

"Where are they?"

"They're fine. Much better then you will be, if you don't put your guns down."

Rumikun, in response, dropped his rifle, but then immediatly pulled out his Beretta and brought it up to shoot. A bullet suddenly wizzed right by his head, nicking the top of Rumikun's ear. It came from behind.

"See now? Lets all just get along." said the bearded man.

Frozen, however, pulled his rifle up closer, and laughed.

"You probally have one man in a tree with a gun. I bet we have more men then you do."

The bearded man laughed, and then said, "That's an interesting theory. Light 'em up!"

Nearly twenty torches were immediatly lit from all around, engulfing them. None of you could see too clearly as to who lit them, but they were there.

None of you moved.

The bearded man sighed, and then said, "I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this. Bring him out!"

A figure was suddenly thrown towards the bearded man, with a bag on its head. The beard man quickly pulled out a pistol, and puts it to the figures head, and then rips the bag off. It is Zman . He is tied up, and is held by the man.

"I'm giving you 5 seconds. At the end of those, if your guns are still in your hands, then Mr. Zman here will need a new head."

"5"

There is no group decision. You must each individually decide on what to do.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
This is just a question.

Do you want me to stop using Italics? I only use it because it looks more official, but I know that it can be hard to read.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I am Tatsumi Seiichirou, if you know anything about the show.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
WOW!!! Eorlingas you make an interesting game...
I told you guys before guns and alcohol don't mix...lol
Well I would think you guys should put down your guns...but that's just me
You know whats really funny is the reference to frozen's "theory"
Bahamut is dead right?...so I guess this list is a "to kill" list maybe...who knows...

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
umm how odd, jarc is not in the list, and he was kill by the mafia/others, why, notice the word MURDERED in bahamut and jarc another says SHOT to the other dudes so..

MURDERED: mafia/other
SHOT: SK
SUICIDE: umm they suicide
LYTCH: well they lytch we always do

so i find it odd that jarc is NOT in the list (maybe there something special, though the muffin theory is going againts ragamuffin that he is confirm independent, if thedocsalive is right [which i think he is], but he is with zman, so *looks add zman* , lol obviosly not)

and on what to do, well you might get cature either way you put down or not ut down your guns (well actually kill if you still have them with you) so if atleast i preffer to live that die, so i put my guns down, though i have no idea what they do (cature you or kill you) so am not sure on what to do (i would just put them down)

another think noticible, notice frozenflame's atitude in the event, quite susicios, but quite townie in the same time(either way i disagreed t lytch of lingolski, first his a good body, second, well i can rove to you his town, with the use of my second theory i use of ixnay roleclaim, but for tht i need to wait ONE day and third, well i declare him my friend even though we haven't speak much, i still would what him out of the game for "baby" thing, if it gives "goods" for mafia then also something "good" can give for us, though am not sure, so i go with, lingolski is my pal, and i will not let him die until proven guilty.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
^Killing style makes sense, I guess.

Plus, I think there's not enough people active to even get a lynch. You need to prod people, Eorlingas!

And what do you guys think I should do?

And Eorlingas, do you have an answer for every possible scenario or do you just make these up as you go?

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Hitting my foot with
A flyswatter after... argh
Dang... too specific.

Write me a poem praising Metroid Prime Hunters. (Anybody have it? I'll play you!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom