• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Lost Mafia -GAME OVER! Mafia wins. Go to last page to see who was who

Note: If you are familiar with mafia, then you can skip down to the colored part. That is the only changes I am making

I'm going to steal the ruleset from Drab, but I won't actually quote him since I will make some changes. But, I'm giving credit to him here. Even if you played/are playing in SSBMafia, please read through the rules to note the changes.

How about this rule: NO SWEARING. Bahamut edited out some curse words, so continued violation of this rule could result in consequences beyond the scope of this game. But that's not in my hands, however.

In Mafia, there is a certain number of players, divided into two main groups: the Town, and the Mafia. If you are a member of the town, you win if, at any point, all non-town members are dead. If you are a member of the Mafia, you win if the Mafia ever comprises a majority of the remaining players. (For example, if there are three mafia members and two town members left, the mafia wins.) If you are neither town nor mafia, your winning conditions should be explained in the PM I send you. The way you go about winning is simple: you kill off people you don't like.

Here's how it works:

Each game 'day' is divided into day and night. During the day, players post in the thread, trying to decide which members of the town are really members of the mafia. BUT YOU CANNOT EDIT YOUR POSTS AT ANY TIME! Please post carefully! Each player gets one vote per day, and whenever one player has a majority of the town's votes, that player is lynched by the town, and is eliminated. Votes look like this:

Vote: Eorlingas

Please bold your votes.

If later, you decide to change your vote, post this:
hedoc
Unvote: Eorlingas

If you don't bold the votes, then I will not count them. You wont have any other penalties, but if some of you decide to not bold them then I might screw up the game

During the day, the town tries to decide who is acting like a mafioso, and debates about who to lynch. However, the mafia will try to mislead the town into lynching a town member instead.

Each day lasts until one player is lynched. After a player is lynched, the day ends, and it becomes night. No player may post in the thread during the night. EDIT: However, "twilight" posting is allowed. This is posting after someone is lynched, but before I post the deathscene and declare it night. During the night, the mafia chooses one player to hit, and will PM me their choice. That player is killed, and eliminated. Also during the night, some players may have night abilities (detailed after the game begins. If they wish to use these, they PM me with their actions during the night).

There are two night abilities which are part of every mafia game and they are the Doctor and the Cop.

Each night, the doctor selects one player to protect (other than himself). That player cannot be killed during the night, either by the mafia hit, or by any other night abilities. The cop chooses one player to investigate. The next morning, the cop will learn whether that player is aligned to the town, or not.

Players with beneficial night abilities like this would be best to keep them secret, so as not to become instant nightkill targets for the mafia. Therefore, it's usually best to keep your abilities secret for at least the first portion of the game.

After all night abilities have been received, the next day will begin. I will post in the thread the obvious results of the night actions, such as who was killed and whether they were mafia or town; however, I will not tell you who killed who. The point of the game is figuring out who, after all.

Also, no outside communication is allowed by town members. The mafia, however, can communicate with other mafia members via PM, e-mail, or whatever. The mafia knows who is in the mafia and who is in the town, but each town member is ignorant of what alignment anyone has except themselves.

Play continues in this day/night sequence until either side's victory condition is met, at which point the game is over.

Remember, this will be a rather long-term game, so if you won't be able to commit some time to this game, please, don't sign up. If you sign up, but for some reason will be away for more than a 48 hour period (and still wish to play), please post in the thread approximately how long you will be gone for.

New stuff specifically for this mafia game

This mafia is based on the TV show "Lost". In it, a plane crashes somewhere in the Atlantic ocean, on a mysterious island. To the surprise of the survivors, there are already people here. They infaltrate them, kidnap them, and murder them. Their reason is not known, but the survivors know that they must purge the Others that have infiltrated them, or else they will all die.

The "Others" are the mafia, and there is actually more then one way for them to win. One of the castaways ( townie/survivor) is pregnant, and if the Others have her when she gives birth, then the others are one step closer. The Others know some of what they must do to win besides murdering the entire town, but not all of it. I won't go into any more details, but if your role is a part of it, you will know.

EDIT: I forgot to add this, but I will not accept any PM's asking to be a certain role. I am sorry, since I myself have done this before, but I will not even read them.

This is a 24 person game, 5 of those being mafia. It is a first come first serve basis. I will list those signed up, and after the game starts, I will edit it so you can see who died and when.

1. Skylink2 (replaced Thatguy)- MURDERED Night 6
2. Zman - DEAD DAY 3, EVENT 3 CHARLIE PACE
3. James Sparrow MISSING
4. Elefterios - LYNCHED DAY TWO. KATE
5. SoUV (Replaced RappyRapist day 3) MURDERED Night
6. Ixnayonthehambre MISSING
7. Pezzadict SUICIDE NIGHT 2
8. SideEffect001 SHOT NIGHT 2
9. Bahamut- MURDERED NIGHT 2
10. FalcoX - MURDERED NIGHT 6
11. Ragamuffin Raptor- DEAD DAY 3 EVENT 3,
12. Camo-Man- DEAD DAY 3, EVENT 3, HENRY GALE
13. Skylink- DEAD NIGHT ONE, SHOT
14. Duke- Dead Night 5, MURDERED
15. Thedocsalive - LIVED
16. Varuna - MURDERED NIGHT 6
17. Mc-Killa- DEAD DAY ONE, LYNCHED
18. Rumikun - MURDERED NIGHT 5
19. Riciardos- DEAD NIGHT 4
20. Okurama- DEAD NIGHT 4
21. Chill - LIVED
22. Jarc -DEAD NIGHT ONE, MURDERED
23. Frozenflame751 -DEAD DAY 4
24. Ligolski (replaced Karhskin night 2)

Post below to sign up for alternatives.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Sign me up eorlingas, though i do not know too much about Lost, this sounds fun and interestingly different

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
You mean profanity?

There would be absolutely no difference at all.

What if ZeroBeat left?

Metà

Smash Master
Hurt only Corneria
----------
Fountain of Dreams (23)
Great Bay (22)
Corneria (21)
Princess Peach's Castle (20)
Kongo Jungle (20)
Green Greens (20)
Mushroom Kingdom (20)
Brinstar Depths (20)
Yoshi's Island (19)
Pokemon Stadium (19)
Battlefield (19)
Kongo Jungle 64 (19)
Dream Land 64 (19)
Rainbow Cruise (18)
Jungle Japes (18)
Yoshi's Story (18)
Yoshi's Island 64 (17)
Fourside (17)
Mushroom Kingdom II (15)
Brinstar (14)
Onett (10)
Big Blue (9)

-----RIP-----
Flat Zone - 23rd
Poke Floats - 24th
Hyrule Temple - 25th
Mute City - 26th
Venom - 27th
Icicle Mountain - 28th
Final Destination - 29th

Why was FD out first?

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
wait...*counting the numbers of players already in*...*counts them again to be sure*..

phew, not 13th yet.
Count me in :D

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
well... I'd like to try this one..
I'm in :D

I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!! muahahahamuahahahmuahahahmuahaha

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Edited the rules, so you now know that I am not accepting requests for certain roles. I already have a certain mindset for who will be who.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
/I'm in.

I'm expecting great things from you eorlingas. grr.

*runs off to check if I spelt sideeffect wrong on my sign up sheet in MMMafia*

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I WANNA KILL FALCOX WITH AN AK47, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHA AHAHAHA HAHAHA

HAHAHAHAH

AHHAHAHAHA

that was funny eh?
Does it start when we've got enough players or are we already playing?

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Duke said:
LOOK AT THE ALL THE INACITVE PEOPLE BESIDES PEZZADICT!

Players:
1)ZMan
2)James Sparrow
3)Eorlingas
4)Drab Emordnilap
5)Okurama
6)DawnroyFire
7)Simna Ibn Sind
8)TheDocsAlive
9)Kirbyphreak
10)Duke
11)Chill
12)Bahamut
13)Skylink
14)PokemonMaster01
15)Killerplacebos
16)Riciardos
17)FireKP1
18)SideEffects001
19)DuffmanAW
20)Ragamuffin Raptor
21)camo-man
22)Radnortuws
23)Yoko-Satan
24)Frozenflame751
25)pezaddict
26)ligolski

But whatever, I am just going to back away because guys are heck bent on lynching pezaddict.
Wow I was reviewing the thread in SSBR Mafia and I couldnt help but to post this here...shame on u duke. This time u actually capitalized the E in Effect... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom