• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if sonic sucks so bad...why do we pick him?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Smashfan, you obviously don't play good people.

NNID
MasterHavik
I pick him up casue I'm a big sonic fan,and I am a fan of character that get pick on by pros.but yes he a good counterpick,but not good as a main.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I use Sonic since he's one of my mains. He's a relatively good fighter despite lacking projectiles. Plus, I find that he's much easier to use than characters like Captain Falcon (I'm no good with Brawl Capt. Falcon).

Sure he may lack killing moves, but his f-smash, d-smash, and f-air can cover those things up if used correctly.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah. If we're gonna talk about music, im able to play of the SA and SA2 songs on guitar. Havent tried playing the PS3/360 game on guitar yet but that version Zebrahead did on His World sounds sick

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
"It doesn't matter, now what happens. I will never, give up the fight! It doesn't matter..."

Lolololololololol, but for srs business? It's 'cause I believe he has a massive amount of potential, both for competitive play and fun.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and most importantly, it's SONIC THE %)!@$*% HEDGEHOG!

disguy

Smash Cadet
I pick him since I'm a huge Sonic fan and he's the most fun to play with. Gotta love that speed.

LuCKy

Smash Master
that version of in is world i tight...although i might like the original more or instrumental best lol

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
idk i think sonic has a lot of great options. as long as you put some serious time into playing him, stringing attacks together is a breeze. hes tough to predict and it's not that hard to KO if you keep switching up your methods of doing so. plus, the way people that rarely play *against* sonics act when they're facing one that keeps changing up their game is hilarious

Garuda

Smash Ace
He really isn't that bad. Besides, he's Sonic the Hedgehog. Ever since EGM, ever since he arrived on a Nintendo console... man. He was destined to be in eventually. We all knew it (I feared otherwise as some may know), but it was just a matter of time. And he really doesn't disappoint me by much.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
He is TONS of fun to play as. Sure he has problems like lack of range but I don't see how he is THAT bad.

I'm also a fan of Sonic games but I chose Sonic because I like how he plays.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i only picked sonic because DDD killed my family...

and knuckles isnt in the game. and ROY... AND MEGAMAN!! wtf man. Thanks nintendo... just what we needed.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
i only picked sonic because DDD killed my family...

and knuckles isnt in the game. and ROY... AND MEGAMAN!! wtf man. Thanks nintendo... just what we needed.
lol

Yeah, if Knux was in the game, I'd probably main him. He'd definintely have more kill moves.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
your a sonic fan so cool......but skill>luck? lol i find that offensive,and again i think i know how good sonic is lol
I would like to believe that everyone here knows that Sonic is good. The reason I even joined SmashBoards was to participate in the learning of Sonic, because when I lost that first match, it became clear that Sonic was a different kind of animal.

And why does skill>luck offend you?

Sp3ed0fSoUnD

Smash Cadet
I pick Sonic simply because he's my favorite game character =), I've been using him since Brawl came out, also he's a good character... but he sucks as well lol

Sp3ed0fSoUnD

Smash Cadet
Oh and I forgot to say, Lucky your amazing as Sonic, I watched your combo vids on youtube and all that, I learned a lot of moves/techniques from watching your matches, and long story short.. your another reason I still use Sonic.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lolol, I guess I'd be Skillful if Lucky's name is indicative of playstyle, mmhmm.

Sorry I'm taking so long to get my combo vid out, finals and all that. Expect it, along with my guide FINALLY being updated, sometime after they're finished.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Duh... his name is Lucky... I feel so stupid.

Well, I obviously mean nothing personal about it, but I still stand by the statement. Even Lucky got skills.

LuCKy

Smash Master
yea......i think it was a bad joke on my part but oh well lol

and intermin......shuuuuuuuut up <3.....but not really lol

Badakin

Smash Apprentice
my reasons:
1)Hes blue
2)He doesn't wear pants
3)His spikes are his hair
4)He clearly wears Nikes
5)ummmm most of the sonic games from Sonic one to sa2
6)super sonic>goku
I have more if u need more reasons

Badakin

Smash Apprentice
Correct answer. I'll always remember you Sonic R, you slag of a game, you! :ohwell:
Im gonna say something that may come as a shock to u guys
I LOVED SONIC R
I loved the music
I loved the wierd *** characters
i loved collecting the emralds
and i loved the credits

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I was playing both of my friends in a 2 on 1 battle and I failed miserably with Samus but dominated as Sonic. They're both noobs though

Top Bottom