• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If only there was a possiblity to 6 more characters to the roster ? and few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SOMEONE'S CUTTING DIDDY FOR FRICKING DIGIMON?

This.

Means.

WAR!

:glare:

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
1. Ridley, K.Rool, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Palutena

2. Change Wario's moveset to reflect Wario Land, change Samus' moveset to include stuff from the Primes, no actual cuts.

3. More balanced, less floaty than Brawl.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
1. Megaman, Scizor, Zoroark, Ray Mk III, Knuckles, Mewtwo

2. Jigglypuff, Toon Link
-ADD: Protoman, Infernape

3. Haven't played it so IDK.

-Yes I'm a Pokemon fan. :p

jigglover

Smash Lord
Mine are completely different to those before:
1) Plusle and Minun (PLEASE, PLEASE)
Kamek
Bowser Jr.
Bucha
King boo
Muddy Mole.
2) I would actually cut wario in favour of another sub-series mario rep. I would also cut Ganondorf in favour of Ghirahiram, and toon link in favour of Tetra. PT in favour of Plusle and Minun (click here for this cut to make more sense, namely baton pass: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325551 ) and Lucario in favour of another Pokemon rep, most people would say Mewtwo, so I'll say him, and snake in favour of a rare character, since there would be too many 3rd party characters otherwise.
3) NO!

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
1. Ray model (Custom Robo), because why doesn't Custom Robo still have a character?
Little Mac (Punch-Out), because Punch-Out deserves representation.
Ridley (Metroid), because derp.
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong), because herp.
Mewtwo (Pokemon), because I hated his cut and he's an awesome demon cat fetus.
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter) or some other retro character. Balloon Fighter appealed to me because of moveset potential.

2. I dislike cuts, but most of Ganondorf's moveset should be remodeled (That or they should just put in Melee Ganondorf, he was fun in that game). If anyone is to be cut for space, Toon Link and Falco are my first choices; their unique abilities could possibly be integrated into the characters they are cloned from.

3. No. Heavens, no. :scared:

JPW

Smash Ace
1. Isaac, Shulk, Little Mac, Samurai Goroh, Ridley, and...... Megaman.
2. Cut Lucario for Zoroark. Cut Toon Link for Grirhaim.
3. Can't think of anything.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
1.Shadow, Bowser Jr., Ridley, Mewtwo, Knuckle Joe, Skull Kid
2.Cut Pokemon Trainer for Victini, Snake for Isaac, Toon Link for Claus
3.not really

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. Ridley, K. Rool, Toad, Tom Nook, Krystal, Palutena

2. There's Mewtwo and Roy I want back, but I feel they should be exempt from this. They should come back as if they were always meant to be in (and they were). Otherwise, the only cut I can think of is Sheik for Impa so the two playstyles can finally be separated.

3. YES. I'd kill for 3D fighter type combo strings (meaning beyond AAA), but it'd be tough to implement in a Smash game.

YesIplayasJiggz

Smash Rookie
Krystal, King K. Rool, Alakazam, Bowser Jr., Blaziken, and Mach Rider.

Lucario cut for Zoroark or Mewtwo, cut Toon Link for Demon Lord Girahim or Minda and Wolf Link

Leveling System for online and offline play

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
1. Ridley, K. Rool, Toad, Tom Nook, Krystal, Palutena

2. There's Mewtwo and Roy I want back, but I feel they should be exempt from this. They should come back as if they were always meant to be in (and they were). Otherwise, the only cut I can think of is Sheik for Impa so the two playstyles can finally be separated.

3. YES. I'd kill for 3D fighter type combo strings (meaning beyond AAA), but it'd be tough to implement in a Smash game.
I agree with you for the first time.... we really need Impa instead of shiek, to stay truer to the SS Zelda.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Hm... if I were to pick an optimal group it'd be:

- Mewtwo [The Lost]
- Ridley [The Most Wanted]
- Megaman [The Third-Party]
- Skull Kid [The Dark Horse candidate]
- Tom Nook [The New Series Rep]
- Ray/Andy/Isaac/Professor Layton [The Handheld Hero]

I'd also....
- Cut either Falco or Wolf and replace with Krystal.
- Cut Lucas, spread the slot to another new series rep.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Krystal, King K. Rool, Alakazam, Bowser Jr., Blaziken, and Mach Rider.

Lucario cut for Zoroark or Mewtwo, cut Toon Link for Demon Lord Girahim or Minda and Wolf Link
I agree with your cuts, but they are not going to put in that much pokemon, there is already 6 characters from pokemon and you want to add another 3, its not going to happen.

My six: Ridley and King K.Rool of course, Dark Samus, Ghirahim, Another F-Zero or Kid Icarus, Another Sonic Character.

Cuts: Toon Link (I don't get what the deal is with the second Links), replace with Megaman,

Changes: Make the transformation characters, Zelda, Samus, etc, their own separate characters, give some of the semi clones like ganon and falco their own unique moveset. Buff the old melee and 64 characters. DK, Samus, Link, Ganon, etc, they are living at the bottom of the tier lists. When the new characters were brought in they were super good while the veterans are now little wimps in comparison. Remove tripping of course. Make the online where you can choose if it will be items or no items, stock or time (With the Stock and Time being a standard limit, like 5 lives or minutes). Bring back some of the melee attributes. Better stage building. Better main campaign mode. I also didn't like how it was really easy just to play through the SSE really quick and get all the characters.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Add: King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Medusa, Megaman, Ridley, Isaac

Cut: It might actually be interesting to cut Ganondorf for Demise (since I think he should get a new moveset anyways) and add Ganon as a separate character (in his blue pig form), but I wouldn't expect it. Demise could have TP Ganondorf and OoT Ganondorf as alternate outfits.

Change: Other than changing a few characters' movesets (like completely starting Ganondorf's over from scratch and adding Dixie Kong to Diddy) and removing tripping, I can't think of much I'd change.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
1. Ill take Lloyd, Paper Mario, Issac, Little Mac, Team Rocket, and K.Rool
2. Replace Ikr with Krom, Snake for megaman, and Lucario for Mewtwo
3. New gamplay mechanic? Uh have some items have a nuetral special function.

YesIplayasJiggz

Smash Rookie
I agree with your cuts, but they are not going to put in that much pokemon, there is already 6 characters from pokemon and you want to add another 3, its not going to happen.

My six: Ridley and King K.Rool of course, Dark Samus, Ghirahim, Another F-Zero or Kid Icarus, Another Sonic Character.

Cuts: Toon Link (I don't get what the deal is with the second Links), replace with Megaman,

Changes: Make the transformation characters, Zelda, Samus, etc, their own separate characters, give some of the semi clones like ganon and falco their own unique moveset. Buff the old melee and 64 characters. DK, Samus, Link, Ganon, etc, they are living at the bottom of the tier lists. When the new characters were brought in they were super good while the veterans are now little wimps in comparison. Remove tripping of course. Make the online where you can choose if it will be items or no items, stock or time (With the Stock and Time being a standard limit, like 5 lives or minutes). Bring back some of the melee attributes. Better stage building. Better main campaign mode. I also didn't like how it was really easy just to play through the SSE really quick and get all the characters.
If they get rid of PT maybe, but Sakurai says his approach will be more classic characters, so less from new games. My real #1 Pokemon to be added is Mewtwo, basically because his cut and a replacement for Lucario was ridiculous. Although 6 pokemon is a lot, I guess Alakazam can be put under a replacement for Lucario, but I still think Blaziken would be a great idea.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe we should cut Diddy Kong for Tiny Kong

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If they get rid of PT maybe, but Sakurai says his approach will be more classic characters, so less from new games. My real #1 Pokemon to be added is Mewtwo, basically because his cut and a replacement for Lucario was ridiculous. Although 6 pokemon is a lot, I guess Alakazam can be put under a replacement for Lucario, but I still think Blaziken would be a great idea.
Source? I don't recall him saying that...plus, if this is in reference to the "3DS=Classic, Wii U=Modern" thing, it is likely false...

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
2. Replace Ikr with Krom, Snake for megaman, and Lucario for Mewtwo
Replace I Know Right with Krom?:awesome:

I would have said Sonic because Kojima but Sonic is more important to Nintendo,so I guess it's not really arguable...

And I shouldn't judge because most of the choices and cuts makes me feel so weird that I'm an incompetent **** at making my own list.:urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just noticed the title of this thread is written out weird.

It should be more like: If there only was a possibility of adding 6 characters...? Or something of the likes.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Blaziken would be good, that is actually the one pokemon that i would care if they got in. And the thing about classic characters is good. I hope they fill out some of the franchises a little more before adding in all the new series. So i hope Metroid gets a double dose with Ridley and Dark Samus

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Also,some users don't seem to get it,you can only had 6 newcomers,wich mean of you cut someone,it's in favor of no one,because that would make more than six newcomers,unless you do it in favor of a melee cut.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The OP says you can choose more than 6 characters IF you cut people from the roster

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
2. Change Wario's moveset to reflect Wario Land, change Samus' moveset to include stuff from the Primes, no actual cuts.
Ooh, so close to having a post I agree with. As little non-canon metroid-references as possible please Other M rolls and inspired physics changes would be fine, but none of that Prime nonsense.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ooh, so close to having a post I agree with. As little non-canon metroid-references as possible please Other M rolls and inspired physics changes would be fine, but none of that Prime nonsense.
When was it stated that it wasn't canon? Just curious...

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
What Prime nonsense? Actually for a pummel in grapple, Samus could send bursts of energy across the beam to hurt opponents. I also hope they change morph ball to an actual mode that you can roll in. The transitions as seamless as Other M. Maybe they could change the beams a little. Like the ice beams or plasma beams or the wave beams, there is a lot to choose from. But if I had to choose one new thing about Samus, besides the obvious need for a huge buff, is the final smash being Hypermode

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
When was it stated that it wasn't canon? Just curious...
I can attempt to find the statement.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/12/interview-metroid-other-m-producer-yoshio-sakamoto/

Interview with Metroid Story Writer said:
Do you consider this a reboot of the series after Metroid Prime? Is this the direction for future Metroids or just another direction?
The games that I've been involved with in the Metroid series have been on the NES, GameBoy, Super NES and the GBA. I actually didn't have a lot of input on the Prime series. But when they're doing with Other M here, it's not so much a different universe, it's just a different part of the story. You can't say that there's no relation here; it's probably best to think of them as being in parallel in this world.
So, in a sense, the Prime games are not a part of the series from its narrative perspective, just in spirit. Prime being greatly unfavoured in Japan also does not help the chances of many extensive references. I would expect stage/sticker/trophy elements as seen in Brawl, to note them as a part of Nintendo's history as a whole.

Of course, non-canon representations of different characters do make some degree of appearance, with name-crying Pokemon and the like, so it isn't entirely out of the question. It just seems really unwise to do so without reason.

splat

Smash Lord
What will be your six choices ?
  1. Bowser jr. - Because I really enjoy this character. Bowser Jr. and Diddy were my two hopes for Brawl.
  2. Little Mac - A pure boxing character could bring something new to the series.
    --- The following are lesser hopes ---
  3. King K. Rool - He just should be there.
  4. Kamek - As the antagonist of the Yoshi series.
  5. Tingle - I actually like this madman. He's.. original.
  6. Ridley - Not because I really like the thing, but because he's long overdue.
    --- Other hope ---
  7. Isaac

If you want more than six specify the characters you want cut ?
  1. I'm not a fan of the same character appearing twice (I was quite happy seeing Dr. Mario and Young Link cut), so I wouldn't mind seeing Toon Link leave the fray. Who would replace him? Not sure, maybe Impa?
  2. Sheik only appeared in one game. While Sheik gives Zelda more flavor, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheik leave and (popular suggestion) have her moves carried over to Impa.

Would you rather have new gameplay?
I think the gameplay as it is is pretty decent. More characters would be my first priority, more game modes the second.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

2. I'm fine with those 6, but to add King K. Rool/Roy/Takamaru/Waluigi/Krystal/Paper Mario, I could go without Jiggly, R.O.B., and/or Wolf. I couldn't decide exactly which to cut/add, so I'll just say none and leave it at the 6 I put for number one.

3. Nah.

Guys stop cutting Toon Link and/or Ike, those are my mains :p
But really, I'll be very happy as long as I can play as Isaac (and keep TL and Ike). I would be satisfied with only adding him. Also, if I could restrict a character from being in, it'd be Ridley. I don't know why, I just really don't like or want Ridley in.
I am just saying, they are not going to cut JigglyPuff. he has been in the game since the start, it is not going to happen. Roy might not be put back in, because in melee he was a clone and now there is a better chance of just a new FE character. I am not sure about R.O.B being cut either, he brought a unique playstyle as being the only character that isn't technically alive. I also see Toon Link being cut because he is just a ridiculous character. He is a clone of Link with just speed, agility, and other buffs. They already did that with Young Link, i can not think of why they feel the need to put in a young link. And my priority character is Ridley. He is a freaking Space Dragon. He shoots fireballs and he can fly, what is not to like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I am just saying, they are not going to cut JigglyPuff. he has been in the game since the start, it is not going to happen. Roy might not be put back in, because in melee he was a clone and now there is a better chance of just a new FE character. I am not sure about R.O.B being cut either, he brought a unique playstyle as being the only character that isn't technically alive. I also see Toon Link being cut because he is just a ridiculous character. He is a clone of Link with just speed, agility, and other buffs. They already did that with Young Link, i can not think of why they feel the need to put in a young link. And my priority character is Ridley. He is a freaking Space Dragon. He shoots fireballs and he can fly, what is not to like.
Nope. The entire roster is filled with fictional characters. :troll:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
No one wants their characters to get cut, they think their argument is flawless and that the characters they want in are guaranteed. It is why i hate arguing with certain people on this threads. They think that their obscure, one shot, barely supported character has a chance and they will not listen to anybody else.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Sukapon is going to be in Sm4sh
Sure.

No one wants their characters to get cut, they think their argument is flawless and that the characters they want in are guaranteed. It is why i hate arguing with certain people on this threads. They think that their obscure, one shot, barely supported character has a chance and they will not listen to anybody else.

I know. I think Toon Link might get cut, unless another toon game is planned before SSB4 comes out, which is possible. Ike might not because he's been in two games, which were both out in the west, and is DLC for the new game. I also think Isaac has a realistic chance, check out the Rate and Discuss thread's day with him for more on that. But yeah, some fans are really pushing for something that probably won't happen *cough Geno cough*.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Sure.

I know. I think Toon Link might get cut, unless another toon game is planned before SSB4 comes out, which is possible. Ike might not because he's been in two games, which were both out in the west, and is DLC for the new game. I also think Isaac has a realistic chance, check out the Rate and Discuss thread's day with him for more on that. But yeah, some fans are really pushing for something that probably won't happen *cough Geno cough*.
You sure about that? Considering Sakurai tried putting multiple toon characters into Brawl as we know from the code... He's likely safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom