• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Links recovery was as strong as sonics how much higher would he be?

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
I was looking around and i found out that the reason Links such a low tier is his recovery. I had never looked at it like that before because as a Link main i always had weight on my side and rarely fall off, also when i see recovery's like charizards and marios i dont think much of it, its better than both of theirs, it goes a lil higher and while your doing it your attack and are therfore much harder to gimp.

Anyway to the point, if Links recovery was the same excpept it went as high as sonics: where do you think he would he be in the tier list?

Onxy

Smash Lord
IDK much about Link, but him being low because of his recovery sounds like bull. There HAS to be more reasons.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
He'd propably be mid tier. Low mid perhaps...he still has lags here and there, which makes him punishable (although I assume you can work around that...a little). His punishing options don't impress me much either...

•Col•

Smash Champion
If Link had a better recovery, there'd be no point in playing Toon Link... xD

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
If Link had a better recovery, there'd be no point in playing Toon Link... xD
^This
If he did have better recovery, he would go up a few characters, but never in the top positions only because of other factors like speed, and attack lag

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
thats the price of power, lack of speed, but hey look at snake hes slow and hes still 2nd. Well Sakurai just needs to give Link a better recovery and fix his spin attack back to melee

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mid at best. Link would do a lot better in tournies, but he's too sluggish to be in the awesome (High) tier.

And Mario has a decent (AKA better) recovery. The only problem with his is the distance of his Up-B. I can't speak for Charizard.

D

Deleted member

high tier

/thread

o and for the ppl that don't know anything about link (PT and wolf mains T_T) stop talking

whats all this crap talk about link has bad moves? the only move that is very situational(but still useful somtimes since it can spike) is the dtilt. zair is wonderful, bombs is wonderful, all three smashes is wonderful, jab can jab lock and cause of that its wonderful, dair is wonderful, spot dodge is wonderful. the things link lacks is a infinite chaingrab(which is the only way a noob can rack up damage, link has many ways to rack up damage), a recovery and an easy spam(you know standing on one spot spamming neutral special, link has a good spam if you know how to use all four projectiles). Link is not Noob-freindly thats his problem, cause:
1. noobs cant pull bombs safe
2. noobs dont know how to play a character dont have a mach tornado that beats everything
3. noobs cant DI
4. noobs cant learn ATs
5. noobs cant space
6. noobs cant DI

Conclusion, Link is not high cause he lacks recovery and isnt noob-freindly and can be chaingrabbed

something I forgot(besides my password)?

Darkest-Link

Smash Apprentice
melees spin attack was severly damaged since melee, that spin brought him up to mid-tier. All i ask of sakurai is for the melee spin and the better recovery.

Top Bottom