• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If I Am Chain Grabed One More Time I Am Going To Lose It.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Is there anything to do? I think im doing fine in a match and then i get chain grabed for forever even if i was winning the matches CG make the game no fun at all is there annnnything at all i can do to get out of it? Or tips on how not be be caught in them?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it depends on the match-up. Like vs ICs you watch out for ice blocks, down-B, up-tilt(I think it works vs link), jabs and being thrown. and you can easily break down how to avoid each one.

But a geranal rule to avoid grabs are.
1. don't get grabbed
2. keep moveing/attacking/ stay in control.
3. avoid what sets up grabs.
4. don't miss L-cancels/ spacing
5. good di

but as link you can use your boomrangs and bombs to help in ways that would help anyone.

Not play link? =D
better idea counter pick as ice climbers and laugh every time you wobble, chain throw or hand-off

cjugs

Smash Ace
Mk so Di away from them while they try to set up a grab? and waht about the waveshine grab and how does anyone kill them they live forever.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
LOL fox can't chain throw you. but good di is legit to get out of chain throws and to avoid some like if falcon dairs you at some percents most of the time he'll grab if you're level.

some people can up-tilt to set up grabs also. ex. fox/falco/pika/pichu/ice climbers/kirby/puff/mario.

but hey at least not EVERYONE in the freakin game grab ***** you. You have to learn to laugh and just cry on the inside.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
techically KK everyone can get chain throw by at min. 2 ways. other than the few following cases are you 100% safe or not being chain thrown.

1. 2 ice climbers
2. team mate helping you
3.bomb/boomrang
4. at 0% and shake out uber fast.

Skler

Smash Master
Link does pretty decent vs ICs.

Against Sheik it's really up to your stage choice (don't go FD or DL64) and playing smart.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Skler; it's all about the stage you take her to and playing smart, like not letting that hermy ninja grab you in the first place. Obviously harder than it sounds, though. :\ Yup, sheik is a hard matchup for link.

Now IC's on the other hand is pretty simple, IMO; just separate them and you're pretty safe.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Link does pretty decent vs ICs.

Against Sheik it's really up to your stage choice (don't go FD or DL64) and playing smart.
Gotta say I used to play link vs ic's a lot, courtesy of delphiki's ic's. But anyway I found that despite the chain grabs I rather enjoyed the match up, even though I rarely won in, mostly due to delphiki just being plain better then me at the time. But the number one thing your looking out for when fighting Ic's is the desynched ice blocks and the desynched ice wind thing to grab, and ic's have a good wavedash to, so they will use that to get in close and grab you.

But seriously, Just run away, you have better projectiles than them. take them in the air, its very hard punishing on the ground, nair nair nair. If you see them using that wind thing jump back and hit them with a rang or something.

Top Bottom