• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If everyone you wanted got into Smash, who would you play the most?

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the characters I think if added would be the most fun to me would be Monster Hunter and Ray (Custom Robo).

Especially if they're at all similar to how they look in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (I haven't played it though, for obvious reasons to anyone else that followed the series until Infinite)

I think they are probably only going to have one rep per 3rd party developer so unless Mega Man is out this time I don't see Monster Hunter happening. But yeah I didn't play MvCI either but her move set looks really fun. A lot of the fancy stuff would probably be removed for smash but I would hope she would use a different weapon for each attack, that way she doesn't end up just another sword fighter.

But If everyone I wanted got in I would probably play most as Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. Since that's my favorite video game and the game I played most on NES. I never include them on my smash wish list though because I know they don't have a chance. I would picture them playing like Ice Climbers and using a bunch of attacks where they bust crates on their opponents.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'd play Mimikyu the most. Falcon and DK would prob still be super up there in terms of playtime.

Prob Daisy and Waluigi after them.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Oh yeah I forgot about Ryu, but Sonic is the only character from a game developed by Sega unless I'm mistaken. Regardless I guess that means its open for more than one characters.
Bayonetta is the other Sega character, since they own the series.

I don't think Monster Hunter is likely, but if Capcom ever got another rep it'd probably be them considering Monster Hunter is their most successful franchise (especially in Japan.)

I think they are probably only going to have one rep per 3rd party developer so unless Mega Man is out this time I don't see Monster Hunter happening. But yeah I didn't play MvCI either but her move set looks really fun. A lot of the fancy stuff would probably be removed for smash but I would hope she would use a different weapon for each attack, that way she doesn't end up just another sword fighter.

But If everyone I wanted got in I would probably play most as Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. Since that's my favorite video game and the game I played most on NES. I never include them on my smash wish list though because I know they don't have a chance. I would picture them playing like Ice Climbers and using a bunch of attacks where they bust crates on their opponents.
TBH I definitely imagine Monster Hunter would use all of the weapons from the game same as they do in MvC. Honestly even with just one of the sword weapons I think they'd be pretty different from any other swordfighter. The closest to any other character would probably be the Sword & Shield to Link/Toon Link.

Of course just using one weapon type would be wasted potential, as I could see every weapontype having a function as certain moves, and swords are only a small portion of the weapon types in MH.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I’d probably still play mostly Mac.

I waited a long time for him.

But also, Bonk.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
My top 5 most wanted characters in order are 1: DeMille (Tomato Adventure), 2: Isaac (Golden Sun), 3: Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade 2), 4: Kumatora (Mother 3), and 5: Joker (Persona 5). If DeMille or Isaac got in, I'd almost definitely switch mains. They're the two characters that I want far more than any others, and I want Isaac almost as much as DeMille, so either of them getting in would be excellent!

As for the other three, I'd definitely play as them, but I can't say that I'd certainly switch mains. I'd have to give them a spin and see how much I like playing them!

If all five of them got in, I'd play DeMille the most!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Depending on how they play and how close they are to my vision.

Duck Hunt Dog is the closest to my vision. He was one of my most-wanted characters for 12 years (2002 - 2014). That’s why Duck Hunt Dog is the character I play the most.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
My most wanted is Solid Snake, and since I mained him in Brawl I would probably play as him most of the time (alternating with my other mains like Mewtwo, Lucina and Olimar). Besides them I would probably play a lot of Elma, Rex and Pyra and Simon Belmont.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Lemme see...

Crash
Gengar
Wolf to return
Garvedoir
Isaac

Sure I name 5 people I'd main in a heartbeat

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'd still play Samus the most. Sometimes when I try playing as other characters, I just don't get the same enjoyment as I do with Samus. If some other character from Metroid (not ZSS) was in the game, I'd give that character a try.

D

Deleted member

Let's see here
King K. Rool
Decidueye
Waddle Bandana Dee
Spyro
Dixie Kong
Inklings already got in, probably wouldn't play much as, Waddle Dee or Dixie Kong, but K. Rool, Spyro, and Decidueye yeah I'd main them in a heartbeat.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Bayonetta is the other Sega character, since they own the series.
Another Sega character in that Sega owns the IP. Technically, Bayonetta is a PlatinumGames character. Sega was the publisher. It seems Sega wasn't interested in continuing with the franchise, so I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo bought the IP.

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
honestly even if i got every single character i wanted, Link would still be my go-to. but in the spirit of the question - of the characters I want most it'd probably be Krystal or Midna.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It would depend on how they play, but I could see myself really enjoying Elma or Ridley if either of them got in.

Elma would probably be a fast comboer with her dual swords and pistols for long range.

Ridley would probably be a lightweight aerial beast.

Either one would be a lot of fun.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I thought Nintendo owned the character now. Doing some research it seems like Sega and Nintendo both own Bayonetta so I guess that makes her a semi-first party character.
Bayo 2 and 3 are Nintendo exclusive titles, and I believe they put up some money for Bayo 2 to make it happen (and ensure it would indeed be a Wii U exclusive), but they have no claim to the franchise.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It would be a toss up between Ridley, Sora and a reworked Breath of the Wild Zelda. Tough to pick between the three, but one of them is a dragon so...

If any of these things happened I would definitely try my hardest to main these guys.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I would probably main Dixie Kong. I can see her having a fun playstyle, and a competitively viable one at that. After that, I'd likely spend a lot of time between Palutena, Krystal, and Wolf.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Banjo-Kazooie made it in, it'd be the first time in Smash history that I'd voluntarily choose a character instead of picking random for every VS match (I pick random because I like to be good with everyone.)

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
Snake, because I just love him to death (not gay XD).

These guys I would play simply because of raw nostalgia:
Crash Bandicoot
Shadow the Hedgehog
Knuckles
Giratina (Yes, a playable legendary other than mewtwo)
Rouge the Bat (She would be so fun haha)
Spyro

And just because he seems cool, Rayman.

Edit: I've never played MGS, so I only know Snake from Smash. MGS players can hate on me.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I think Celica can potentially fit my favored playstyle (fast, long and close range attacks) so maybe her?
idk, it all depends how they end up playing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still Diddy Kong.

And still keeping DK, Ike and Mewtwo as secondaries. Occasionally playing Ness and Toon Link as well.

New faces I'd give a go, and could become potential secondaries are:

Impa
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool
Funky Kong
Isaac, omg Isaac
Celica
Lyn

And Rambi. Because you said everyone. And I want Rambi. Rhinos are cool mofos who don't take ****.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Geno and Banjo, easily. You'd have to pry my hands off of the Switch with a crowbar to force me to stop.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
If every character i wanted got to be in Smash Bros
I will play Geno,Orbulon(WarioWare),Lord Raptor(Darkstalkers),Deoxys,Decidueye,Mr EAD(F-Zero),Arle Nadja(Puyo Puyo),Marx,Hades,King K Rool,Ridley,Ashley,Dr.Crygor(WarioWare),Fawful,Jibanyan,Viridi,Isaac
plus my original favorites Megaman,King Dedede,Wario,Captain Falcon

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I would definitely say Bartz of Final Fantasy 5.

Especially if they used job switching mechanics and gave him a variety of attacks.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I think they are probably only going to have one rep per 3rd party developer so unless Mega Man is out this time I don't see Monster Hunter happening.
Ryu and Mega Man are both Capcom characters.

I really need another hand-to-hand fighter in my life, and Ray-Man would totally be that.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Wii Fit Trainer <3 <3 <3 <3

As well as my other mains like Zelda, Greninja, and Mewtwo. Every smash game I'll usually pick up a newcomer on the first day of release and use them on a regular basis. But most of my time will go to my favorite fitness instructor.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
My top five are

Skull Kid
Decidueye
Phoenix Wright
Waluigi
Shovel Knight

And out of those, I would really try and balance my self out and play as all of these characters in some way.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I try not to favor one characters over the other too much because I like swapping around and playing everybody.

Still, If Captain N, Mike Jones, Simon Belmont, and Pious Agustus got in, I'd use them first without a question.

Top Bottom