• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If everyone you wanted got into Smash, who would you play the most?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I posed this question in the official discussion thread, and it got a fair amount of replies, so I figured it would be fun to make it its own thread where people could post their answers, and then discuss with each other over why they chose the character they did, and so on.

So basically, the question this thread poses is simple. If every single character you are personally hoping for made it into Smash Bros for Switch, and they all played exactly how you always envisioned them to, who would you end up playing the most, and why?

For me personally, If everyone I wanted got into Smash, it'd be a toss up between Wright, Joker, and Ashley. Any of them being playable would send me through the roof, so all of them being playable would be a dream, and I don't think I'd be able to decide who to put the most time into.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ooh, I already spend 70% of my time with Link, and the rest with Zelda, and they'd be tough to give up.

My most wanted are Ridley, K.Rool, the return of the Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle FTW), and I'd love to see Urbosa and Dovahkiin as a 3rd party. If they all got in, I wouldn't main any of them, but I used the Trainer as my third in Brawl, so he'd be up. Urbosa and Dovahkiin would probably get a decent amount more play time than Riddles and the Kroc, but I'd just be happy with them in on principle. Still, as long as Link and Zelda don't change much, I can still see them getting the most play time overall. I do know Mewtwo got a lot more time in Sm4sh than in Melee just because I missed him, so if the Trainer came back he'd be just below Zelda. I'd guess Urbosa and Dovahkiin would probalby be around 15-20% playtime each, and not too much for the big villains.

Interesting to think that I would probably not really prioritize playing as my two most wanted characters - I'd actually prefer fighting against them. Although considering a Dovahkiin vs. Ridley fight is a really cool thing.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Runway, no items, Savvy Stylist only. She'd be clutch while literally holding a clutch. Instant-main, I don't care if she'd be OP or low tier.

Although Phosphora will be a close second. The lightning/nature/warrior combo would be undeniably fun and seems impossible to screw up. If not her, then Anna from Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

ChibiRoboMan

Smash Rookie
I posed this question in the official discussion thread, and it got a fair amount of replies, so I figured it would be fun to make it its own thread where people could post their answers, and then discuss with each other over why they chose the character they did, and so on.

So basically, the question this thread poses is simple. If every single character you are personally hoping for made it into Smash Bros for Switch, and they all played exactly how you always envisioned them to, who would you end up playing the most, and why?

For me personally, If everyone I wanted got into Smash, it'd be a toss up between Wright, Joker, and Ashley. Any of them being playable would send me through the roof, so all of them being playable would be a dream, and I don't think I'd be able to decide who to put the most time into.

If they made Marth good again, him!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Newcomers only?

Captain Toad/Toad
Tails
Meowth
Impa
Bandana Dee
Dixie
Any other Mario character
Inklings
Bomberman
Rayman
Dillon
Spyro
Chibi Robo
Isaac
Tingle
Balloon Fighter
Crash

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If Banjo-Kazooie made it in, I'd main them easily. It'd be very hard for me to play as anyone else if they made it in.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Probably Anna but I would also play as crash and banjo a lot.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
That would include everyone on my sig(Joker too) with Lip, Ashley and Simon Belmont. Hmmmm. Probably Ashley, Ridley, Geno, and Simon I would be the most interested in using.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Takamaru, Mike Jones and Lip would so very easily be my most used characters. Banjo-Kazooie would be great for playing with siblings when they're around.

Edit: How could I have forgotten the Inklings?

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I have no character loyalty and I think it's stupid. Buuuuut... if Dixie Kong ends up in the game, I will try my absolute best to be the best player of my country with her.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
If by some miracle Henry Fleming (or any S.T.E.A.M character for that matter) got a playable role, I would drop everyone else. Even if I hated his playstyle, I would still try to get as good as possible with him, just to rep the game.

D

Deleted member

If every character I ever wanted made it in, I'd probably main one of the following.

Zael
Calista
Ganon
Ghirahim
Lyn
Simon Belmont
Alucard
Zero
Terra Branford

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
EZ. Viable Zelda. :^)

But besides ha, I guess I'd play:
Phoenix Wright (pure husbando yes)
Cia (or Lana but Cia's whips are cooler)
Volga (this game needs more bara ofc)
Azura (water+spear ye)
Tora (or Riki)
Takumi (BETRAYAL bows)
Profes- I mean Masked Royal (more bara pls)
Geno (star boi)
Gardevior (psychic fairy gorl)
Agnes (purest gorl and S+ tier UNACCEPTABLE line)

DankMemerKing

Smash Rookie
If this allows past veterans, than Wolf hands down. I miss him like crazy and more than anyone else I want his return.

Newcomers only though I would probably play a ton of inklings as I love Splatoon and my girl Shantae if she ever comes in <3

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Chandelure.

I really love this guy. So fun, and silly! I'd love to play as Chandelure on an updated version of the 3DS Pokemon League stage.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
It'd be way too hard to choose between Ray and Joker. I think Joker would wind up being the character I played most in the end, as I think his playstyle would fit me better.

told u yesterday I would probably change my opinion by tomorrow

Morbi

Scavenger
My top three, in no particular order other than how much I have to say about them.

Scorpion, just because I main him in literally every Mortal Kombat game that he appears in. The only time I was vaguely considering not playing him was in Injustice because they released him quite weak outside of his teleport, his one decent tool, and because people complained, they nerfed it without compensating and he went straight to ****-tier (where he arguably already was, as a lot of the professional players argued) and felt held down by molasses with probably my least favorite design for his costume... And even then, I still kept him as one of my characters. I imagine it would not be so bad in Smash.

Masked Link. He would be three characters in one. I always wanted to play as Deku Link and the Goron/Zora styles would bring a lot of depth to his character. He has been my most wanted my entire life as a Smasher, I would HAVE to play him regardless of the circumstances.

Doom Guy. I want to fill Kirby with buckshot from the Super Shotgun, have him absorb me, only to rip and tear out of him with my chainsaw. Pls Sakurai.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Well it seems like the question isn't that simple when the one asking can't follow their own guidelines to the question! :psycho:

This is kind of another "who do you want in Smash 5" thread.

Anyway,

If they bring Wolf back. I will be playing Wolf.

Squid Kids could be super fun and technical which is my type of character so that's a waiting game.

And if they had Geno I'd main Geno.

But in the end I feel like I'll probably continue my smash 4 mains, unless they butcher them.

Mafew

Smash Rookie
I would still main Pikachu, but I would secondary Ice climbers and Sans

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Crash for me, without a second thought

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm already a fan of the play-styles that would fit Micaiah (like being a zonner or a Glass Cannon); so without a second I would love to use her above everyone else.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Sora from Kingdom Hearts for me, most definitely. He's been one of my most wanted characters for this game, despite his chances being rather low. Plus he is one of my fav characters of all time so I would love to play as him in Smash.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Probably Marx, I've wanted him since I first played Super Star Ultra. Kamek, Bandana Dee, and Ninten all get played quite Frequently. I also quite enjoy the Dark Matter assist trophy.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Andy. I don't care what his tier placement is. I would main the hell out of him and would learn everything about the character's moveset.

Andy would incorporate the units from Advance Wars in his moveset which means he's a zoner but he would also fight with his wrenches in close quarters. Said wrenches would have unique properties to them of course. Catching items, trapping foes, and being used as a projectile are some of the features of his wrenches in addition to being a melee weapon.

D

Deleted member

When i got Mega Man, Little Mac, Roy and Mewtwo in my hands, i couldn't stop playing them, so im sure any character that i want that becomes playable will be one of my mains unless is a Ganondorf situation (where the character is a shoddy last minute inclusion that feels forced and untrue to the character) or a Wario situation (where the character does not use their signature moves because **** you)

I would have to say Simon Belmont. It's no secret that he's my most desired character, and i know i will be playing as him, especially if he borrows his multidirectional Whip abilities from Super Castlevania 4.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
My dreams picks are all in my sig. Out of those i'd probably play Fierce Deity Link the most. Then Alucard then Geno. This realization honestly makes me want to re-order my top 10 for the "top 10" thread. Maybe FD Link is the one I want most of all. But I realize I don't have too many people in agreement with me, that's why Geno topped my list. Geno is still massively beloved.

G-Unit

Smash Cadet
Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo, since I've really wanted her in Smash for a very long time. I'd also like to see her fight with her magic powers outside puzzle gameplay.

Puyo Puyo has been one of the best-selling falling block puzzle game series in gaming history, and has gained a cult following since then. It has been in many platforms, including Nintendo's line of consoles. Although Puyo Pop Fever gave us an (almost) brand-new cast, Arle and her "Has Bean" companion Carbuncle stayed onward.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd at the very least try to co-main Chrom and Celica. Combine that with already maining Marth, and I'd main all three of my favorite lords. :p

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Geno, without a doubt. He's the only character I've ever really wanted in Smash, and the only newcomer who could make me abandon my childhood Mewtwo loyalty. Besides, considering how friggin' OP he is in SMRPG, he'd probably be fun as hell to use.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Honestly, the characters I think if added would be the most fun to me would be Monster Hunter and Ray (Custom Robo).

Especially if they're at all similar to how they look in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (I haven't played it though, for obvious reasons to anyone else that followed the series until Infinite)

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
At this point pretty much all my favorite characters already are in Smash, I'm mostly just hoping for Dedede buffs.

If I could have a character I wanted, I guess I'd pick a Gen VII Pokémon though. Since I'm a big aficionado of Poison-types, I'd love to see either Poipole or Salazzle. However those are also far from the most well known ones, so I probably would settle for Primarina.

Sadly, for Smash 5 I mostly expect characters I either don't care about or openly dislike. I really don't see any character I like a lot making it.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Of course Maxwell, my most wanted character. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a camping character given his focus on creating objects. He has the potential to be the first character with a focus on summoning.

Top Bottom