• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If assist trophies could become playable, who would your top 5 be to get converted?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
1. Ashley
2. Bomberman
3. Waluigi
4. Krystal
5. Lyn (Only so low because there's a TON of Fire Emblem representation)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
1. Ashley
2. Bomberman
3. Waluigi
4. Krystal
5. Lyn (Only so low because there's a TON of Fire Emblem representation)
Ya I'd have lyn on my list, but I'd rather just have takamaru. FE characters bore the he'll outa me at this point. There's so many different weapons in FE, and they've gone with making clone after clone. It's annoying now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ya I'd have lyn on my list, but I'd rather just have takamaru. FE characters bore the he'll outa me at this point. There's so many different weapons in FE, and they've gone with making clone after clone. It's annoying now.
I forgot about Takamaru lol, I guess I'd replace Krystal with him.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
1) Mother Brain (Metroid)

2) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

3) Grayfox (Metal Gear)

4) Alucard (Castlevania)

5) Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
1. Ashley!

2. Bomberman
3. Midna
4. Zero
5. Waluigi

Major shout outs to Issac, Skull Kid, Shadow, and Kat & Ana who are yet to be revealed as Assist Trophies in Ultimate... they could already have plans to be playable after all~

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
1. Skull Kid (if he still is an Assist)
2. Midna (+ Wolf Link)
3. Excitebike
4. Waluigi
5. Isaac (don't personally care, but his fans have waited long enough)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
tumblr_p8nbogP0Fu1uhnw0yo1_500.jpg

2. Isaac (I think he's pretty likely, dont fail me mashed potatoes samurai)
3. Skull Kid (i think he's 50/50)
4. Knuckles (i'm just happy he's an assist trophy at least!)
5. Krystal (want her a lot actually, but I'm happy we got Wolf back so cant be mad)

Lyn is awesome but no more FE swords ffs, cut half of them before adding more, sure she could be unique, so could Lucina and Chrom and look what happened there oops.

Bomberman would have been pretty cool too.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
1. Isaac
2. Takamaru
3. Prince Sable (everyone seems to forget he exists)
4. Knuckles
5. Waluigi

I'm realizing that with these guys and honorable mentions like Shadow, Skull Kid, Alucard, Dillon, Ashley, and Saki, I would be all in on the hype train for an AT promotion DLC pack.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
1: Isaac
2: Skull Kid
3: Takamaru
4: Ashley
5: Waluigi

Honourable mentions go out to Lyn, Zero and Shadow.

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
1. Takamaru
2. Prince Sable
3. Jill
4. Bomberman
5. Sukapon

Uffe

Smash Hero
  1. Jeff (EarthBound) - Let's blow stuff up.
  2. Ray MK-III (Custom Robo) - Though I'd prefer Ray 01. Check the link why, if you want.
  3. Sablé Prince (Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru) - Based on how he acts as an Assist Trophy, he looks like he could be very interesting.
  4. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) - It's very unfortunate we haven't gotten another F-Zero rep. :(
  5. Waluigi (Mario Tennis) - He's the only Mario character that I'd make an exception for in terms of the series.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to limit myself to only assist trophies confirmed to be in Ultimate, so I don't put someone that's possibly a character.
  1. Ashley (WarioWare) - One of my personal picks to have been in the game, and due to her popularity and uniqueness, she'd probably be the best choice for second WarioWare character.
  2. Lyn (Fire Emblem) - One of the most popular FE characters, and could provide a unique sword-based moveset.
  3. Waluigi - This would appease very many fans, and although I don't care all too much about him being an AT, I like him too.
  4. Bomber Man - Although I don't personally care for him, he was a popular character and many people were sad to see him as an AT.
  5. Shovel Knight - Pretty much replaced Meat Boy as the face of Indie games, and would make my friend super happy.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
1.Waluigi
2.Krystal
3.Isaac
4.Samurai Goroh
5.Shadow

Honorable mentions: Takamaru, Bomberman, Lyn, Ashely.

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
1. Ghirahim
2. Krystal
3. Knuckles
4. Bomberman
5. Phosphora

Khao

Smash Lord
-Midna: Zelda needs more characters, no way around it. Midna herself is a one-off character, but she's arguably the only one of Link's companions that's more important to the story of her own game than Link himself, and she doesn't suffer the same problem as other characters like the champions from BotW, or the OoT sages in that she really doesn't compete against characters from her own game. I can definitely see her be somewhat of a Glass Canon, very much a lightweight, but with ridiculously powerful abilities and hard to approach. It also helps that she's one of my favorite Zelda characters, so yay, haha.

-Waluigi:
Honestly? I think he's overrated as ****, but considering the Mario characters already in the game, he makes sense. He's pretty much the only non-generic, heavily recurring Mario character left to be playable in Smash, so his inclusion would simply feel right. His only barrier is moveset potential to be honest, as they'd pretty much have to make **** up from the start, and he doesn't really have the right "build" to take moves from any other character. But it's definitely doable, and they could give him moves that represent his personality more so than his physical abilities, like they eventually did with Luigi.

-Krystal: Star Fox could use another character. I don't think it needs one per-se, but considering Krystal is an option, it honestly feels kind of like a no-brainer. She'd play absolutely nothing like the space furries already in the game, so it would be a great way to expand Star Fox representation. She wasn't playable for long in Adventures, but they can extend her moveset to cover everything Fox did in that game to create a pretty unique fighter.

-Zero: Probably the most famous Mega Man character apart from Mega Man himself. He not only has a wide variety of moves to take from, but he's even appeared in other fighting games, which would make his inclusion perfectly natural. There's already characters that fit what I imagine would be his gameplay archetype, and he doesn't have any interesting "gimmicks" to offer, but nonetheless, I think he could be a ton of fun to play as a fast-paced swordfighter with a ton of mobility and a few ranged special moves.

-Isaac: I've been a huge supporter of Isaac since Brawl was announced. Golden Sun is basically the game that introduced me to JRPGs, and I absolutely freaking loved it. I can't really say anymore that it's my favorite RPG of all time, but it still holds a super special place in my heart. Additionally, there's a lot of things you could do with his moveset. He could be unique in that he's a swordsman that has his sword as little more than an accessory. He could have a wide variety of ranged elemental psinergy attacks (or just stick to Earth-based abilities, either would make sense), moves involving the characteristic floating psinergy hand, and of course, a unique mechanic involving Djinni and summons. There's a lot of options when creating a moveset for Isaac, and there's several ways to do it right. He doesn't just have moveset potential. The potential is ****ing endless.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
5-Bomberman.
popularity and iconicness, and teh fact that this game popularized the "multiplayer party game" genre aside, I would love to play a character able to put variety of bombs with different explosions and timers... like a more boomy pac man.
4-Shovel Knight.
Fun platformer, shovel knight iconicness have been all but rising since smash 4 and i loved tehg idea of a fighter that generates currecny and needs to collect that currency to power up as the impplemented it on rivals of aether.
3-Ashley.
Love the cast of wario ware, i really would love to play a caster and i nhave a soft spot for witches (hi bayo!)
2-Lyn.
I really wanted her since brawl, for the west she is the marth of fire emblem, myrmidon class moveset could potentially be an amazing fun moveset that can be very different from marth archetype while keeping it simple, and I love her design and color pallete DX.
1-Alucard.
Also very iconic, with a dedicated fanbase, loved his baroque aesthethic. with ony looking at his AT moveset is easy to figure he will have a very fun moveset and have tons of moves and ideas to create something (sword, sword and shield, lance?, spells, familiars, shapeshifting, items, etc...).
and finally, in general most metroidvanias protagonist are a joy to control on screen, and they would fit smoothly on smash withouth too much thinkering)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Sukapon - The main character of the first traditional fighting game that Nintendo made, seems wrong for him to have missed the boat here...

Takamaru - He came so close but he wasn't put in because of a lack of worldwide recognition? This ticks me off, always thought Smash was a good way of introducing a character to the world, updating them, and maybe priming them for a new audience if they're ever considered for a new game.

Bomberman - Honestly I think his status as an Assist trophy is perfect for him, but he also seems to be the one that people are the most upset about, so I'd like to give him a playable role for his fans. Plus, I'm pretty fond of him.

Shovel Knight - I'm not the biggest SK fan, I tried his game and it was just okay. I don't think he really "deserves" to be in... but his fans are taking his assist trophy status like champions, so I feel like they should be rewarded.

Midna - Out of all the one off Zelda characters, this one is probably the one I enjoyed the most.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
1. Midna
The Zelda series really needs to have better representation than being clonier than Fire Emblem. Midna’s a one-off character, but she is the title character of her game, and is more important than Zelda. Plus, she’s got legacy now with her Hyrule Warriors appearance and the remakes for both of those games. Midna’s one of the more memorable side characters in the Zelda series, and would be a good choice for Smash.​
2. Waluigi
Say what you will about him, he’s visible. We like to preach our various fanrules as gospel and assume no spin-off characters are eligible (a rule which people don’t mind breaking when Geno’s the object...), but Dr. Mario also says hello there. Between all of his various Mario spin-offs, Waluigi’s made more game appearances than most of the Smash cast. Yes he’s a meme. That shows how recognizable he is.​
3. Ashley
Another huge face in the greater Nintendo world, Ashley’s visible enough to deserve her spot. She’s got a huge fanbase, and the WarioWare games could use more representation along those lines.​
4. Skull Kid
I’ll go with another Zelda character, but it’s another who’s undeniably recognizable. Majora’s Mask is well known enough that even YouTube has easter egg references on its livestreams (exactly 24 hours before a stream starts, it puts up the ‘Dawn of the final day’ banner). The mask itself is one of the most recognizable objects from the series, so it would also be good to represent.​

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Honorable mentions: Samurai Goroh, Magnus, Phosphora, Isaac, Andross, Waluigi, Midna, Skull kid, Knuckle Joe
5) Takamaru
4) Knuckles
3) Shovel Knight
2) Bomberman
1) Alucard

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
1. Krystal - She was the ONLY assist trophy I was kinda bummed to see not be playable and even then it was more like "sucks she isn't playable but at least she's in the game outside of secret codec cameos" I think Sakurai COULD'VE easily made a moveset for her but she obviously has bias from Nintendo and Krystal is one of those characters that is a very divided character which leads me to....

2. Waluigi - I mean I wasn't clamoring for him but it is weird for basically the WHOLE Mario cast being there except Waluigi (and Toad). I love Waluigi, I use him all the time in Mario spin-offs but for some reason I didn't NEED to see him in Smash as a playable character even though I enjoy the character. Not sad he isn't in but wouldn't be mad if he got promoted like a lot of people seem to be...

3. Ashley - I'd only promote her so her fans would be happy. I love the Warioware series but none of those characters really jump out at me and want them to branch out. Ashley included. Their fun characters in THAT series but I don't need to see any of them playable in Smash. But like Waluigi I wouldn't be upset if Sakurai added a Warioware rep.

4. Samurai Goroh - Only choosing because I need to choose 5 and he seems like the best next choice.

5. Tingle - Just for the Lulz and the fan backlash. I would LOVE to see how the internet would react if Waluigi, Krystal, Tingle, K.Rool, Slippy Toad, and Toad were all newcomers. The most divisive love/hate Nintendo characters I can think of. Personally I love all these characters (along with all other Nintendo characters) but it would be awesome to see the BATH of salt...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now, this is implying she's back to being an AT rather than being a character already, but Phosphora, and only Phosphora. I believe I said my reasons why many times already.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Zero
Lyn
Bomberman
Ashley
Waluigi

I kinda feel like Zero playable outside of a vs. game is sacrilege though.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Probably won't happen but if I had to decide here's my list.
5. Zero
4. Lyn
3. Isaac
2. WALUIGI
1. Shovel Knight.
Also, if Tails is an Assist(Which I hope he's not) he'd be my number one.

Leto03

Smash Rookie
In order:

1. Zero
2. Bomberman
3. Isaac
4. Alucard
5. Spring Man

Nyubi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2778-3020-7519
1. Skull Kid
2. Lynn
3. Shadow the Hedgehog
4. Tiki
5. Chain Chomp (for the meme:troll:)

(totally didn't google an Assist Trophie list) :secretkpop:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm still hoping this gets to happen! For all insensive purposes, let's assume unconfirmed assist trophies that used to be assist trophies are still assist trophies now lol. My top 5:

5. Ray (custom robo)
4. Takamaru
3. Skull kid
2. Isaak
1. Shovel knight

I'd also be happy to see Waluigi or even Bomberman, mainly due to their popularity and icon status, but they're just not my personal top 5.
1. Shovel Knight
2. Isaac
3. Krystal
4. Spring Man
5. Waluigi (So people will finally shut up!)

I also have an interest in Samurai Goroh, Ashley, Takamaru, Devil, Dillon, and Yuri Kozukata. Maybe Sukapon, Sheriff, Saki Amamiya, and Ray MK III.

Last edited:

LIL ELF

Best Smasher in North Pole
Switch FC
SW-6612-9831-3124
1. Mr. Waluigi
2. Ghirahim
3. Skullkid
4. Bomberman
5. Knuckle

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Zero, Isaac, Alucard, Waluigi, and the fly swatter. You know, obvious choices.

Top Bottom