• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If assist trophies could become playable, who would your top 5 be to get converted?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm still hoping this gets to happen! For all insensive purposes, let's assume unconfirmed assist trophies that used to be assist trophies are still assist trophies now lol. My top 5:

5. Ray (custom robo)
4. Takamaru
3. Skull kid
2. Isaak
1. Shovel knight

I'd also be happy to see Waluigi or even Bomberman, mainly due to their popularity and icon status, but they're just not my personal top 5.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
5. Bomberman
4. Skull Kid
3. Waluigi
2. Ashley
1. Isabelle

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. Isabelle
2. Lyn
3. Ashley
4. Samurai Goroh
5. Skull Kid

D

Deleted member

In no particular order:

Zero
Alucard
Lyn
Ghirahim
& Knuckles

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
1: Bomberman
2: Krystal
3: Shadow
4: Isaac
5: Lyn

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Does this include Pokeballs? If so:
Honorable mentions: Takamaru, Lyn and Bomberman
5. Ashley
4. Sukapon
3. Starfy
2 .Gardevoir
1. Meowth

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Considering confirmed assists for this game currently, then it would be

5.) Zero
4.) Shovel Knight
3.) Midna
2.) Bomberman
1.) Waluigi

Last edited:

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
1.Lyn
2.Ashley
3.Bomberman
4.Nintendog
5.MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
1. Shovel Knight
2. Alucard
3. Krystal
4. Midna
5. Sukapon

Shovel Knight isn't just because I love him and his games, it's also because it opens the door for Indies to be playable in Smash, meaning Quote or Kero or Mudds or whoever else could get in, which I'd love.

Alucard is because, honestly, I find that the castle exploring Castlevania's have a WAY better moveset potential than the platformer ones. With all the souls and weapons and abilities Alucard gets, he'd be SO fun to play.

Krystal is to sate my furry desires because I feel like StarFox deserves a rep that takes from a game other than 64. Seriously, how'd we get roped into having a series where every playable character is a semi-clone and barely represents their series?

I love Midna. She is my cute short wife

And Sukapon just because I really want a retro NES rep this game and I don't think we're gonna get one.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm really surprised to see so many people want Isabelle. What's special about her? She'd really just be an echo, and that's kinda a waste of a vote cause ur just voting for the same character with a new skin basically. Sari Sari Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura nirvanafan nirvanafan

1. Shovel Knight
2. Alucard
3. Krystal
4. Midna
5. Sukapon

Shovel Knight isn't just because I love him and his games, it's also because it opens the door for Indies to be playable in Smash, meaning Quote or Kero or Mudds or whoever else could get in, which I'd love.

Alucard is because, honestly, I find that the castle exploring Castlevania's have a WAY better moveset potential than the platformer ones. With all the souls and weapons and abilities Alucard gets, he'd be SO fun to play.

Krystal is to sate my furry desires because I feel like StarFox deserves a rep that takes from a game other than 64. Seriously, how'd we get roped into having a series where every playable character is a semi-clone and barely represents their series?

I love Midna. She is my cute short wife

And Sukapon just because I really want a retro NES rep this game and I don't think we're gonna get one.
I like that you added reasoning to your list.

When I made this list I took into account a few things. What reps are iconic, what reps need to be revived, and what ones are important to me. I also didn't even consider anyone who would be a clone or echo.

Sukapon would be cool to see, but I'm really hoping for rayman, so meh.

I'd love lyn as well, but since there are so many fe reps, please no more lol. I'd also say samurai ghoro, but there are way better samurai options, I'd say lyn, chrono, and takamaru before ghoro any day. MalachitJR MalachitJR nirvanafan nirvanafan Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Luigifan18 Luigifan18

I think alucard would be awesome, but he's just not that important to me. We got belmont already, that's good enough for the castlevania series representation for me.

For me, I loved majoras mask, and skull kid would be a great addition from the zelda series. If ganondorf doesn't get an alternate moveset (which I'm sure he wont) having skullkid have a mage moveset would be great.

Ray would be great because he's a mech, and that is awesome in itself, and since his series is ded it needs a revival.

Takamaru would have a sweet samurai moveset, and he definitely needs a revival. A takamaru game would be super fun to have in the future.

Golden sun should keep its games going. It isn't quite dead, but it's been quiet for a while. Isaak would be a great mage swordsman addition to smash.

And shovel knight. Shovel knight is the most iconic indie game character. He is the face of the indie game industry. He's to indie games what Mario is to nintendo. He is a perfect mascot to represent indie games in smash bros, and as such should be exactly that. Plus his moveset would be super fun and unique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. Isaac
2. Lyn
3. Skull Kid
4. Krystal
5. Ghirahim

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
1. Isaac
2. Isabelle
3. Waluigi
4. Midna
5. Krystal

Honorable mentions: Alucard, Dillon

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
1. Midna
2. Isabelle
3. Skull Kid
4. Lyn
5. Krystal

Midna is someone I've wanted since before Brawl's release. She and Skull Kid both represent legitimate new additions to the Zelda roster that aren't Link, Zelda or Ganon with movesets made from scratch.

Then Isabelle is simply the best representative for Animal Crossing; she's become the face of the franchise, and considering the series's success, being represented by only the nameless player character is underwhelming.

Lyn and Krystal are simply because I like them. Star Fox should have someone with a different moveset, and Starfox Adventures isn't nearly as bad as its reputation. Lyn has a great character design and different animations to draw from for her attacks, potentially making her a not-like-Marth FE swordsman.

The Prankster 16

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5261-0723-0145
1.) Waluigi because I actually do want him, and also I want people to stop complaining
2.) Bomberman has iconic status
3.) Shovel Knight because I love his game(s?)
4.) Ashley, just because
5.) Either Krystal or Knuckles, but only if Tails is playable
Honorable mentions: Takamaru, Alucard, Lyn, Sukapon, Zero.
(I didn't mention Isabelle, Shadow, Isaac or Skull Kid, because I'm already expecting them to become fighters.)

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
5. Grey Fox- More Metal Gear Reps? Sure.
4. Shadow the Hedgehog- Make the edgy porcupine playable already, you cowards.
3. Phosphora- Finally, another dedicated lightning user that isn't pikachu.
2. Lyn- An assassin-style character in smash would be fun. Either that, or we finally get a dedicated archer character after years of being limited to Link' and Pit's Neutral-B.
1. Midna- The comic relief of one of the only two main series Zelda games I've ever played to the end credits, added in to help mitigate Zelda's rather lopsided representation? Yes please!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
  1. YOU ALREADY KNOW.
    Lyn Cicada Blocks Mark.jpg
  2. Bombah-guy
  3. Izik
  4. Midnuh
  5. Shuvl-nite

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Meowth: The most iconic Pokemon from the anime outside of Pikachu. LET HIM BLAST OFF AGAIN
2. Bomberman: Grew up with Bomberman, and he's one of the third parties I really wanted.
3. Isabelle: One of the biggest faces not currently in the game
4. Samurai Goroh: I don't like many of the F-Zero cast, but Goroh is a stand out to me.
5. Isaac: More for my sister than myself, she absolutely adores Golden Sun.

If Pokeballs for whatever reason don't count, throw Waluigi or Tingle in there.

...actually honestly Abra would probably be my most played, he's my favourite Pokemon and there's something carthartic about teleporting people off stage, but Meowth definitely deserves it far far more.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
1. Bomberman (Ultimate snub)
2. Zero
3. Waluigi
4. Midna
5. Ashley

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
5. Isabelle- New Leaf is such an awesome game, and Isabelle could help capture its charm in Smash.

4. Excitebiker- I always thought seeing them as the retro rep would be super cool, because Excitebike is so fun.

3. Waluigi- Not a ginormous Waluigi fan, but him and Toad are the last notable Mario characters not in Smash, so it would be nice to round out the bunch.

2. Isaac- Golden Sun needs to have representation in Smash past music. And Isaac would play like no one else in the game.

Honorable Mentions:

Bomberman- He's nostalgic for me because I remember playing Bomberman 64, but I never thought he was all that likely.

Ashley- WarioWare is an underrated series and Ashley is an awesome character. Simple.

1. Skull Kid- I'm a huge Majoras Mask fan and have wanted Skull Kid playable since Brawl.

Last edited:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
1. Skull Kid
2. Isaac
3. Shovel Knight
4. Bomberman
5. Midna

StormC

Smash Hero
1. Bomberman: I've always lowkey wanted Bomberman in Smash, and seeing the AT in Smash only intensified that. I grew up on his N64 games and have played many of his other titles. I hope the future changes for him.
2. Isaac: Not personally a Golden Sun fan but I'd be ecstatic to see his fans get what they've wanted after all these years. The moveset potential is undeniable and it would be great to see another "dead" character get the royal treatment.
3. Zero: The best choice for a second Mega Man character in terms of series representation (being a main character from both X and, obviously, Zero) and the moveset potential; he'd stand out completely from Rock and is just a fun character in general. Glad he's here in some capacity though.
4. Waluigi: Sure, why not. He's not the most important character ever but he's entertaining and it would be worth it for the internet breaking in half.
5. Ashley: I think Wario could definitely use another character, and again, I would like to see Ashley's fanbase get a bone thrown to them.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Same as Sari's list. Maybe replace Waluigi with Lyn. I don't think it's Waluigi's time to shine yet. Give him another decade.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
1. Bomberman
2. Shovel Knight
3. Alucard
4. Zero
5. Knuckles

I'm thinking that Skull Kid is likely going to be a new fighter in Ultimate, so honorable mentions to Dillon and Infantry & Tanks (Andy/Sami).

Top Bottom