• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So i just got back to Boise after not being able to leave Idaho Falls for the last few days. I still don't know if I'm going to go to the PnT thing yet i'll still pay you back Knuttz even if i don't go tho.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
For anyone who is bored and needs something smash-related to read, view my blog. The link is in my sig.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Power Rankings

Ok guys, time to discuss the power rankings. T!mmy, being the great guy he is let me use his power rankings discussion he wrote. I believe it is a great template of getting things started... I'm not going to start a new thread because of what has happened to oregon. I modified his a little bit, but not much.

-----------------------------------------------
Idaho Power Rankings
I want to see this done correctly so we can contribute to the community and provide information that other states can access. As such I'm asking for help from Oregon players active on these forums to provide intelligent discussion, valued opinions, and other assistance in accordance to the Regional/State Power Rankings Regulations.

Important Notice:
Any inclusion of off-topic, "flaming", "spam", or otherwise non-proactive posts will be flagged and reported to a moderator.

Since the PR List is under development, we must establish the foundations:

1. Administrator
2. Panelists (3)
3. Mission Statement
4. PR Criteria

1. Administrator
The administrator must be respected in the community, and it can be a panel member.

2. Panelists
As per Regional/State PR Regulations, we are required to have a minimum of three (3) panelists. Volunteers for this position are currently open to anyone with knowledge and experience of SSB who are currently residing in the state of Oregon. Panelists will be chosen by general acceptance of the Oregon Smash Community, and, if necessary, by majority vote.

3. Mission Statement
I have provided a Mission Statement. Any addendum or amendment is up for discussion within this thread and is subject to approval by Panelists and Regional Administrator.

4. PR Criteria
A preliminary criteria for placement within the Power Ranking is included in the Mission Statement. Changes and additions are up for discussion within this thread and is subject to approval by Panelists and Regional Administrator.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Mission Statement
Need mission statement

Administrator - Open

Panelists

1. Position Currently Open
2. Position Currently Open
3. Position Currently Open

Power Rankings will be posted after Panelists have been chosen and rankings have been decided.

-------------------------------------
My input...
1. Administrator...
Since I'm pushing so hard, I'll be the owner of the thread...I'll give that right up to buzz>josh>dom...

2. Panalests..
I remember this was decided
1. Buzz
2. Dom
3. Josh(gnosis)
again, if anyone doesn't want to be a panelist,

3. Mission Statement.
Not a good worder..as you see there. something about influencing a competitive nature among the growing Idaho community.

Now...about the citera. I belive a point system should be in order to a top 5 or 7. Lets say we do a top 7. The point system should be 7 points for 1st and 1 point for 7th. The reason for the point system will be for 3 categories based on rankings.

1. The Ladder.
If we use a ladder system for some point rankings, it will increase competitiveness, with the first defending his title, and the others trying to take it. We should make a rule you cannot go up more than two spots on the ladder. (thus if lets say the 7th is not active for a month, things still can change). The hardest part is starting the ladder.

2. Tournament Rankings.
This point system is bases on tournament rankings IN THE PAST 6 months. Only in the past 6 months will take someone who has lost their edge off the rankings, like they should be. The exact method is currently unknown to me, still a gray area. Still will be based on who they played, who they beat, etc.

3. Overall Skill-Personal Vote.
This is the 3rd and final vote of who is the best. This will take in account of friendlies, tourney, MM ,etc. I know in friendlies people do screw around and try new things and never look their best. But the panelists should know who is the best. Because we are a small community, this can work out.

-------------
Now, if I were on the panel, here would be my rankings. My tourney results are based on both the utah and the little 8 person tourney we held for rankings...

Ladder: (predertimened) ------ Tournament Rankings:------- Personal Vote:
1. Qraq -----------------------1.Qraq ----------------------- 1. Qraq
2. BC ----------------------- 2. BC ----------------------- 2. BC
3. Josh ----------------------- 3. Josh ----------------------- 3. Josh
4. Knuttz ----------------------- 4. Knuttz ----------------------- 4. Buzz
5. Buzz ----------------------- 5. Buzz ----------------------- 5. knuttz
6. Lemon ----------------------- 6. Kinx ----------------------- 6. lemon
7. Kinx ----------------------- 7. Lemon ----------------------- 7. Kinx

Total Points:
1. Qraq 7 + 7 + 7 = 21pts.
2. BC 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 pts.
3. Josh 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 pts.
4. knuttz 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 pts.
5. buzz 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 pts.
6. Lemon 2 + 1 + 2 = 5 pts.
7. Kinx 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 pts.

Then with the other 2 panelists the points will add up to a total points, kind of like college football. Note that the ladder will be the SAME for all three panalests. Everyone all has different tournament results "equations" and personal opinions.
Also, i believe we should update results every two or one month!

Share opinions...lets get this thing on the move!

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
wow, me and kinx are last place all the time, i think we should do another tourney lol.. ;D

Kinx

Smash Cadet
Just wondering, but if you guys aren't too busy with setting up the PR stuff, should the guys going to the PnT Tourney have a smashfest prior? Or should we wait and show off our improvement (I don't think I got that much better anyway)?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Just wondering, but if you guys aren't too busy with setting up the PR stuff, should the guys going to the PnT Tourney have a smashfest prior? Or should we wait and show off our improvement (I don't think I got that much better anyway)?
std my place. Just stay the night. I can show everyone where it is. And josh and just action, even though you aren't going, still come. :) I lost your number kinx..(i had to hard reset my phone, and my contacts were not in Lotus Notes). ..so come over around 7-7:30. you should have my number.!

EDIT:
Results of play'N'trade.
1. Qraq
2. Knuttz
3. Kinx
4. BC
5. Lemon
5. Mike (now the reverend).
else:not smashers at the moment, i think there were like 13 or so..

I told a couple to join smashboards to play with us. Hopefully they do.

plus...Buzz...dom got mario strikers....so dom and I want to play you and your wife! lets GO!. (p.s. we are 0-12 right know)

Kinx

Smash Cadet
I still feel bad about doing not so hot when I got my first and second matches, though... But I still won it, so it's all good. I really wanna get better against ICs and Marth ;D

Really fun tourney, though. PR next :D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Knuttz, you're on. My wife and I will play you. Lemme go dig up my friend code. XD

knuttz45

Smash Ace
oh, i ment to say, that the people who are on smashboards just totaled the tourney. WE need more smashers! plus...good job kinx....don't worry, its different playing standing up. even though it was small...it was fun! I was happy, finals were 4-2. come on guys...power rankings. ...oh yeah. buzz...we are 0-20! we went bowling right know, we will be back tonight, we should playsometime sunda!

Kinx

Smash Cadet
Who's Aura Vision? Everyone was so caught up with the BC-CBoy pandemonium, he/she was forgotten lol.

Awesome matches. I definitely wanna play you guys again. Knuttz, your Marth is more annoying (to me lol) than your Jiggz is, because of that **** Ken combo haha. And everytime I try to DI it sends me further away from you ><

Qraq... GaW man... You should've stayed with GaW ;) I can't do anything bragging about to your ICs. Just those throws... annihilate my 2D ways. Just imagine how much better you would've done if you took up my offer for the energy drink haha

and lol at the throw spike wtf.

Kinx

Smash Cadet
Lemon, Kinx, sorry... Really wanted to go, but they needed today(Yesterday?). We'll have to Smash either Monday or Tuesday.
No work for Lemon and I on Monday, so we'll definitely head over for some smashing.

But ya dude, totally missed you and Gnos at the tourney. We just started a fire and swept across the field of scrubs. Sad, really, if you think about it. I'll tell you about it on Monday for shizzle.

P.S. - I want that belt

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
that tourney was really fun, i've never been in a group that totally just pwned the whole **** place =)))

i remember when me and pexay were one of the scrubs that you guys destroyed haha =)

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, it looks like i missed out on a lot of fun again. And i just have to ask, BC 4th what the hell happened?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
i couldn't handle playing while standing lol.
missed L-Cancels = up-throw rest for BC. And he couldn't hit every L-cancel when he was standing. :)
I think we got another guy to play with us to. :)
and buzz...we will look how to get the friend code. we've been practicing, we are ranked 100000, we are soccer superstars. I think you might be our first win. :lick::psycho:

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hey buzz...sory for the friend code...couldn't figure it out in the hour i was at home...(I had a LATE day at class...you should know what i mean with Homework and questions...:( ) Next time dom is in town which should be thanksgiving, we have to play...the game is fun...not as fun as smash....

and guys
POWER RANKINGS....lets have a PR discussion! If not...why don't we just create the power rankings? I know we kind of did it...but so far I thought that we had

Admin-Buzz

Panelists:
Dom
Josh
Buzz or Me...

OK...dom made a thread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125807
please discuss...if not..i guess everythng is how it should be, and we will just make the power rankings.... :)
Let me know if i'm out of my mind!

Kinx

Smash Cadet
I didn't have to click that link to know what it is... so with that in mind, iz dat sum b@ material ryte thar?

But why would you post that rofl.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Hey knuttz wanna smash tonight? last chance for me to get some practice in before AZ cuz i leave at 3 tomorrow.
Sorry BC, i wish i could....i have homework i've been working on since 3....and its only about half way.... :(...i'm taking a 15 minute break to eat and check emails...and Dominic......Things don't really gross me out...but yeah....that was discusting...I could not even go all the way through it...
I geuess the x isn't really my thing....

P.S. If anyone is looking for venues to host a tournament, the Meridian play n trade is a no go....I wrote this long *** email with several questions...they responded with one word....no....I personally think unprofessional.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
They aren't a very professional establishment anyways seeing how they act.

-QraQ
I know I know. The could of at least had a professional email back. i.e. a complete sentence. and also an answer to BOTH of my questions. Does anyone know of any venues or game places around the area?

knuttz45

Smash Ace
When did we decide to try to go to this tournament in WA?

We all know why he got banned lol.
yeah we do know why he got banned. :) I'll let you know what he says if he says something...or BC... :)... And it took him a while to get banned..its been up for a week...and still has the link....i would think someone would at least edit he post or something.....don't mods have that ability?

And going to the WA was an idea. Maybe road trip? It is like 2 months away, so many people can plan ahead. come on lets all G0!!!

also BC, i have your memory card.....

Top Bottom