• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IDAHO Smash Thread

craztad

Smash Journeyman
Now that smash-per-tater joke went just a little too far there jiggily-knuttz. haha well actually this weekend wont work for me, im heading to richfield to help my dad again. He pays for my tuition so its the least i could do.

Oh my gosh, john means excuse now, next buzz will mean "got teched during suicidal spike attempt", and tate will mean missed piller combo. What is this world coming to.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
lol buzz the first match was a 2 stock but the second one was close.

As far as singles go I've let my fox get slow because of you Qraq lol so im going to have to play him more in friendlies guys..... Missing edge hogs is soooooo noob lol but i did use link in half of my tourney matches in singles.
You serious?
You shouldn't be bad with 1 of your mains from playing the other.
I didn't say quit Fox I just said main Link.
Practice them both equally.
Quite frankly I'd rather see a good link player than just another common Fox player.
But that's just me.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You serious?
You shouldn't be bad with 1 of your mains from playing the other.
I didn't say quit Fox I just said main Link.
Practice them both equally.
Quite frankly I'd rather see a good link player than just another common Fox player.
But that's just me.

-QraQ
actually, i'll have to disagree..my marth has completely gone down the tube...or i'm just way better know and my marth has stayed the same...but i see sloppyness with my marth...i don't even consider him a main anymore...he is THAT bad, well thats how i feel. And you'd be proud...idaho kicked a$$ at low tier tourney in utah....btw...which day do you wish to com over oj?text me or something

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
It's not just my fox has gotten slow cuz i haven't been practicing as much but whenever i switch for link to fox my wavedash is all fvcked up lol. If you've noticed i never really play fox in friendlies anymore so next time you should be sure to remind me to use fox a bit.... that goes for everyone lol.

Some tournament Johns- the seeding was bad i played phil 2nd round and he had been beating me all night with his samus so ya that kinda fvcked me over and i would have played him again in the next round if i had won my last match so i would have only gotten 7th anyways lol but it was still fun. In teams we had to play a team we played all night the day before first so that was gay but **** happens lol and if Gnosis and i had more team practice we could have gotten 3rd o well tho.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL! Everyone johns. I wasn't saying that BC should have lost. I was just saying it was really close. Gojira is the one who is always tired and "not playing his best". :laugh:

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So anyone up for smash that doesn't play jiggs lol jk Knuttz. After how bad everyone did in utah i think we really need to step up our game so that means we all need to start playing more and practicing and all that good stuff so next time we go we will have someone place in the top 5 for the real singles not that joke of a singles tournement low tier lol.

Kinx

Smash Cadet
I never really knew... and it's probably posted somewhere on this site, but I'm too lazy to check :3 But what's the list of low-tier characters anyway?

P.S. - Good job on the tourney guys :D REALLY wish I was there, though :/ L_eMo_N and I are itching for a smashfest anytime soon since we couldn't go to UT, so anytime after 4 on weekdays or anytime on the weekends will work.

L_eMo_N

Smash Apprentice
lol bc... i know what your talking about... when i play falco or roy, the wavedashing is like... slower i guess???

then when i get back to fox, its back to fast paced stuff lol... it takes getting used to agn :DDD

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
We should try to have a smashfest this weekend at someones house cuz im fvcking NEED MORE SMASH. And anyone that wants to play this week should call me cuz like i said I NEED SMASH.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am open for Mario Strikers Charged money matches. I accept PayPal. ^_^

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing G&W and Bowser lately.
My GW is teh pimp.
My Bowser is so-so. (slowass motha)
If I can get good with Bowser I will be decent to good with every character cept Fox.
My one true scourge.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
so i saw that smash bros brawl has a replay feature. That is awsome, i would have loved to see soem of the combos that BC did to me yesterday (he has gotten alot beter at combos with his link), OR the rest I did when he tried a Dair combo with link. :) that was awsome.
I'll MM you dom....your bowser vs my bowser.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
lol Knuttz.
MM with someone you have more experience with.
When people just toss around MMs it gets ridiculous.
MM me with your Jiggs?

-QraQ

Kinx

Smash Cadet
Haha, it shouldn't take long to get good with G&W. I'm sure you'll get better than me in no time :] Speed is exactly what I lack lol. I always have trouble with l-canceling no matter the character @_@

BUt let's duke it out with our Boozers when you get back in town :3

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Well, If dom comes into town, we will have something at my place. sound good? It seems everyone wants to play each other. :) And BC was talking about this, but what do you guys think of the 4 corners tourney? good, bad, you think we could throw something together and go? it would depend on how big it got though....inital impressions everyone.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
lol i have money now so ya how about a 5 MM link vs. G&W haha this should be fun.

I'm all about the 4 corners tourney (I can't help drive but I'll help with gas and all that ****). And i think lovo is going so i want to play him cuz his link is fvcking good even players like treven and the germ say it is so hopefully he can show me some things.

Craztad I've got your money so next time i see you i can give it to you lol.

gnosis

Smash Lord
So I looked up 'gnosis smash' in google, just to see what came up, and for some reason the most popular result was an ancient post of mine in the Bowser forums, telling someone how all ledge get-up options are slower and different after 100%. The thread got like 5 posts and it's over a year old.

I also found out that knuttz apparently posts more than anyone else in this thread, followed by BC, then Seph M, then me... there was a site with this thread archived and a listing of the most frequent posters in it o_O.

Anyway we should all smash soon. My latest addition to my main mains is Donkey Kong and I want to try him out... on the other hand, I want to get more practice being consistent with characters that are actually good...

I just noticed that I've never actually said my list of main mains, so for those of you still in the dark... characters I use frequently in tournaments/low tier/money matches include Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Falcon, Link, Young Link, Zelda, Ness, Mewtwo. Characters I'm slightly less comfortable with and haven't used much in tournament include Peach, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu. I play everyone else too to a lesser degree, except Roy and Ice Climbers.

I get asked this frequently so now people know.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Gnosis your post are at 666 lol. But ya we should smash soon.

im surprised that knuttz has more post than me in this thread cuz i post after like everyone lol.

look vids of me from Utah. There not that good but o well lol

Me link vs. Gnosis Sheik

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jN88LIt7Da8

Me link vs. phil link best of 3 MM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CPDcyy7ltR4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kkkYRQL1YOc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CywQ0i2gqPo

Me link vs. phil samus

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X0MNG5HBYoM

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So I looked up 'gnosis smash' in google, just to see what came up, and for some reason the most popular result was an ancient post of mine in the Bowser forums, telling someone how all ledge get-up options are slower and different after 100%. The thread got like 5 posts and it's over a year old.

I also found out that knuttz apparently posts more than anyone else in this thread, followed by BC, then Seph M, then me... there was a site with this thread archived and a listing of the most frequent posters in it o_O.

Anyway we should all smash soon. My latest addition to my main mains is Donkey Kong and I want to try him out... on the other hand, I want to get more practice being consistent with characters that are actually good...

I just noticed that I've never actually said my list of main mains, so for those of you still in the dark... characters I use frequently in tournaments/low tier/money matches include Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Falcon, Link, Young Link, Zelda, Ness, Mewtwo. Characters I'm slightly less comfortable with and haven't used much in tournament include Peach, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and Pikachu. I play everyone else too to a lesser degree, except Roy and Ice Climbers.

I get asked this frequently so now people know.

weird how i have the most posts....considering the thread was started a YEAR before I started posting...

Gnos, I think you should main sheik/falcon/falco and low tier Y.Link/ness :)

p.s. I think i'll main king duele :) jk...
and notice that for each "game" there are at the very least two characters, so who will complement sonic, falcon, snake?

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
Gnos I say your main is CF and secondary is Sheik.
Your low tiers are main Pikachu secondary Ness.
The fact that sheik isn't our main is that Sheiks power trip is over in the smash world. They no longer have the edge due to how predictable they are.
Your Pikachu is by far your best low tier as far as im concerned.
Play him more often.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So whats going on with smash this weekend?
either tommorow or saturday. Tommorow is the BSU game, i'd like to watch it, BUT, Metro-Mike wants to go, and friday is his only day. But, I wouldn't know a good time, because PitchD is kinda stuck in mountian home untill i can come get him. :( anyway dom, text me when you get off work! i'm guessing the day will most likely be sat...

new tag idea....

PN!5

.....any takers?

....i'm kinda beating a dead horse....but..ya know....

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Friday is bad for me I wouldn't be able to make it until late like 12-1ish at the earliest so if it goes for a long time thats fin but otherwise i wouldn't be able to make it lol.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
lol My Samus isn't that great yet. Hasn't even had some actual competition yet.
Wth is up with every1 wanting to MM all of a sudden.
Like after Utah people just want to throw around money and **** lol.
Ill mm with other characters if yall really want to.

-QraQ

knuttz45

Smash Ace
So, in caldwell ID, there is a tourney November 11th guys at playntrade...the prize SUCKS...we need a better prize.

Here is from the site...

Entry fee for the tournament will be $5.00 per contestant. Also, the the 3 winners will get their choice of a Nintendo hat, belt, or wallett! We will be starting at 12:00 so try to get here about 1/2 hour early. Tournament will be 1 on 1 double elimination, and the first person to sign up that has a memory card with all characters unlocked on it for us to use will get FREE ENTRY!!! So be sure to get 'em all unlocked and be the first to sign up!

PRIZES
1st: $15.00 store credit
2nd: $10.00 store credit
3rd: $5.00 store credit

Here are directions

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...ldwell,+ID+83607&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=15&iwloc=addr

yeah...maybe they will have a better prize if we all go...but...yeah....i'll go just because, plus dom...you can get a new wallet! :) I would like a belt.....

----------------------
EDIT: the smashthing will prob be sat..i'm going to watch the game, and i have to drive everywhere..sorry metro mike and josh...saturday night is the best for me...even if it is only like 4-5 people. :(

Top Bottom