• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'd Telegraph That!" - Little Mac Video Thread

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
This is awesome! And I'll be watching this ^ Good luck in the tournament man ! ;D

Jtails

Smash Lord
Hey guys! So I made a Little Mac sort of tutorial for beginner and possible more intermediate players. Feel free to check it out and leave a critique, Any Mac mains, go ahead and give your opinions on anything I left out! Thanks.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Hey guys! So I made a Little Mac sort of tutorial for beginner and possible more intermediate players. Feel free to check it out and leave a critique, Any Mac mains, go ahead and give your opinions on anything I left out! Thanks.

Really good. This is basically all of the same advice I'd give aspiring Little Mac mains. "Whiff into jabs" is my motto.

Quisciens

Smash Cadet
A little quirk that should make the Up-B more reliable--

This can be especially useful when you attempt a wall jump uppercut, as you won't need to waste any wall-jump height to grab the ledge. Facing the ledge will help you to grab it, at least as I have found.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

Kiechi

Smash Rookie
^ I think you need to move a little more... you seem to stand then react to the opponents choices (Which wasn't too bad from what I saw!) Only my 2 pence, I'm not not the best Little Mac player either.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Try not to use Jolt Haymaker on stage. Unless you can make really good reads it's not worth it. Not to mention you should never use the move while your opponent is at low percentage. Jolt Haymaker is punishable on-hit.

You smash into your opponent's shield too much. That's very punishable. Try using your tilts more to apply shield pressure.

NNID
MasterHavik
Okay after all the holiday fun and ****. I can finally give my take on Tails' video. I don't got the game yet, but have played it before. so in short I like what you said Tails, but i feel Mac in the air is getting overlooked. I have seen footage of his nair and dair really ****ing people's day up. also we have to commit to going into the air or we're pretty much letting any character with floaty/side recovers make it back to the stage for free.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wanted to believe in them more than anyone, but I don't think that those will be the key to much. N-Air is at least -1 frame advantage on hit (easily testable by having two Macs mash A in the air against each other), and D-Air's just not powerful enough considering how close you have to stick to the ledge due to his bad recovery; it tends to mess up people who panic/don't expect it, but if Mac is in the air there aren't any options you have to mix that situation up.

I've been going behind edgeguarding opponents and using Forward-B toward the ledge as they come up to grab it with solid results, but unless we can figure out how to reliably N-Air -> footstool, I doubt much more will come of it.

Beo

Smash Apprentice

Alphicans

Smash Hero

wifi friendlies
Legitimately the only LM that has impressed me. Checked out your channel, and I am definitely going to integrate dtilt -> nair footstool -> dair reset -> smash into my game. Aswell as downward angled dsmash. I "discovered" fair into dair reset the other day, so I was pleasantly surprised to see what you've been doing.

Are you going to APEX? Have you entered any tournaments? I can't tell how smart of a player you are, but your control of LM is really great and I think you could do work.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
I checked out the other vids on your channel, and I really like your Mac! I'm trying to get back into using him on a regular basis, and your vids served as an inspiration. :D
Thanks alot Man, glad I can Inspire others to use this Character, I just have hella faith in him, Mac is insane olol, WIll put out more vids though weekly!

Legitimately the only LM that has impressed me. Checked out your channel, and I am definitely going to integrate dtilt -> nair footstool -> dair reset -> smash into my game. Aswell as downward angled dsmash. I "discovered" fair into dair reset the other day, so I was pleasantly surprised to see what you've been doing.

Are you going to APEX? Have you entered any tournaments? I can't tell how smart of a player you are, but your control of LM is really great and I think you could do work.

Yeah man, its pretty Legit I like the Fair to dair reset a lot better because I recently found that If you miss the tech or the Char. is too flat (like Marth) and your Dair misses the initial hurtbox during the locking frame, instead you can SH nair ---> Footstool === Dair Reset, Which is A LOTT easier to set up with a 70% chance of getting it every time, going to make a vid very soon also to elaborate on it

and Nah i told myself Imma start doing a lot more this year in terms of stuff I wanna do {Tourneys and such) mean I have Access to go to APEX but Idk I'll see, just dont know who'd house and all that, but I'd go with my homie Dark Peach if anything and see

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I was hitting the lab with the nair setup, and idk it doesn't work on a lot of characters :/. The dair just doesn't force the stand up. Maybe I am just not being frame perfect enough though.

theta64

Smash Cadet
Here are some videos of me in a tournament yesterday. what should i do more and what should i improve on? Any advice is greatly appreicated.

that third video i realized that i had made many mistaked from reviewing. but yea anything to improve i appreciate it

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Here are some videos of me in a tournament yesterday. what should i do more and what should i improve on? Any advice is greatly appreicated.

that third video i realized that i had made many mistaked from reviewing. but yea anything to improve i appreciate it
Ok, I don't have enough time to watch all of these right now, but I watched the 1st match of video 1 and the first 2 of video 2. I don't really have much critique, but you play your little mac very well imo. You made great use of your Tilts in the first match of video one. I think you could possibly benefit from staying closer to center stage more often, and perhaps not rolling as much but instead walking every now and then. I don't know how that would work out for you though, but that's what I do a lot. Just an idea.

I'll finish watching these on Sunday and give you more feedback. Tourney tomorrow and I need to sleep soon.

Last edited:

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
I was hitting the lab with the nair setup, and idk it doesn't work on a lot of characters :/. The dair just doesn't force the stand up. Maybe I am just not being frame perfect enough though.
fast fall into it ;O

there's a lot of buffered movement in this Lock btw :x

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey Yall! I was just at a 87 mac Smash 4 tournament on Saturday, and a couple of my matches were streamed and recorded. I made a lot of mistakes (like rolling into attacks), especially on my last match (Round 5 of bracket), but I'm happy I still ended up taking 17th! I wish more of my matches were recorded. I had some pretty crazy rounds >< Mainly the Ness main who counter-picked Little mac on me match 2...that was scary.

Advice and criticism is always appreciated! My little mac is forged from personal gameplay style and a lot of advice from people who don't play little mac, so i'm interested in what advice my fellow Mac Mains will give me :)

I may have these in better quality later
Bracket Game 1 vs ShredderN64 :4rob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSHGT5J-CfY

Bracket Game 5 vs Sai :4diddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1uALkQlsGc *Sorry takes a few minutes for the match to start*

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Hey Yall! I was just at a 87 mac Smash 4 tournament on Saturday, and a couple of my matches were streamed and recorded. I made a lot of mistakes (like rolling into attacks), especially on my last match (Round 5 of bracket), but I'm happy I still ended up taking 17th! I wish more of my matches were recorded. I had some pretty crazy rounds >< Mainly the Ness main who counter-picked Little mac on me match 2...that was scary.

Advice and criticism is always appreciated! My little mac is forged from personal gameplay style and a lot of advice from people who don't play little mac, so i'm interested in what advice my fellow Mac Mains will give me :)

I may have these in better quality later
Bracket Game 1 vs ShredderN64 :4rob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSHGT5J-CfY

Bracket Game 5 vs Sai :4diddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1uALkQlsGc *Sorry takes a few minutes for the match to start*
You give away stage control a lot of the time for free. You'll knock the opponent off stage or simply pop them into the air and then you just dodge roll or run away. I know it's scary to be near the ledge, but you still need to push your offense when you're at advantage.

If anyone's interested I recently played a Diddy myself. It was a very fun set if I do say so myself.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
You give away stage control a lot of the time for free. You'll knock the opponent off stage or simply pop them into the air and then you just dodge roll or run away. I know it's scary to be near the ledge, but you still need to push your offense when you're at advantage.

If anyone's interested I recently played a Diddy myself. It was a very fun set if I do say so myself.

I felt you did good, I would like to see more mindgames from your Mac, like more baiting and waits. Some Dash Attacks you did was so reckless and careless, I was at my screen like "wtf noo". also where is the Utilt?? , dont know if youre a fan of it but bruhhh lemme tell you.. that move don' got me out of hella pinches, the Vertical axis tilts are the best tilts. I like how you know your Jab neutralized The Banana toss, i took note of that. Solid Mac Venks, good ish.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I felt you did good, I would like to see more mindgames from your Mac, like more baiting and waits. Some Dash Attacks you did was so reckless and careless, I was at my screen like "wtf noo". also where is the Utilt?? , dont know if youre a fan of it but bruhhh lemme tell you.. that move don' got me out of hella pinches, the Vertical axis tilts are the best tilts. I like how you know your Jab neutralized The Banana toss, i took note of that. Solid Mac Venks, good ish.
Haha thanks man. I definitely get reckless at times and go for unsafe stuff and hope for the best. I need to recondition myself so I dash attack less often. It's a pretty terrible approach. I do my best to try and cross up my opponent's shield so I end up on the otherside, but I don't always get the positioning right.

theta64

Smash Cadet
hey guys, im back with another video of me. this time its against a diddy kong player and a good one too. we have faced before and the results have been the same twice. i clutch out the second game but third games he gets me. i wont what am i doing wrong. can you guys critique this video and help me out? what should i have done in these situtations. also the third game, i could have won if it wasnt for that laser.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
hey guys, im back with another video of me. this time its against a diddy kong player and a good one too. we have faced before and the results have been the same twice. i clutch out the second game but third games he gets me. i wont what am i doing wrong. can you guys critique this video and help me out? what should i have done in these situtations. also the third game, i could have won if it wasnt for that laser.
Absolutely awesome video! Sadly I had to merge it =/

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255

Here are two of my matches from earlier today. Sorry about the quality, I'm looking into getting a capture card or something to help me record better quality videos.

Last edited:

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Hey guys, hoping to see what the general opinion of my Mac is. No Mac players locally, and I dread going online. These are in chronological order from when I played this past Saturday:

vs. :4link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhxbsClzpow&t=5m30s - Really feeling myself this match. I think I got inside his head this set, so it may not be the best measure of being pushed to the limits.

vs. :4fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fInkA5I9mGY&t=11m50s - Playing against a Fox I lost the previous round to. This guy is the best competition I have locally.

As for some of the above posts:

Espy:

I really liked the dtilt > up B stuff. I also think your pressure was good, though I would like more spacing with the ftilt. Against, spacies, your air counter is not going to work often due to their fall speed.

The big thing is that your neutral seemed somewhat meh to me. You were looking for when Fox screwed up his approach, and landing hits on his mistakes. That's great, but try to force those mistakes yourself as well. Mix up your approach with grabs. I think I saw one grab in that first set.

Game 2: Good upsmash on Falcon's second stock. Also good to see you not afraid of using aerials. Same as before, your neutral isn't really too strong, you just wait for the opponent to come to you. Try to apply that hellish armor and speed to make them sweat.

Overall, I like it! Try to work more on your neutral, and your opponent's will get scared to hit buttons. That's always a good thing.

Ducky:

Game 1: Solid jab reset! I liked that combo for the first kill. Other than that, you had control over the whole pace of the match. I can't really say much, since the opponent sort of waltzed into every attack.

Game 2: Gale boomerang is too strong. Like the last game, the opponent didn't really push you. I can't comment if you're running a train on them. I did like the dtilt > up smash.

Overall, try to find some local opponents who can push you harder. Your game seemed very smash reliant, because your opponents were too scared. Try to mix it up some; a block against Little Mac can lead to disastrous positioning.

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I realized I hadn't updated the opening post in a while, so I went ahead and added everyone's video's in. If there are any issues, please let me know.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Hey all, more videos from my locals this week. I'll just keep on posting until you all tell me to stop, ha. I also know some of the videos I posted last time were out of sync, but all of these are good on that matter.

vs. :4kirby:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi51symOfeU&t=2m - Apologies for the commentary audio in this one, mute it if the duel audio gets to you. It was the first stream setup we've done. Anyways, I don't really have much to say this match. It's Kirby, I punched him, he died. I felt I did a good job on the platform of not dying.

vs. :4diddy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOnCkZyCK6Y&t=2m - We made it better! That first stock felt beautiful. I don't think the Diddy had much Mac experience. Screwed up on the KO punch, but eh. Solid match.

vs. :4fox:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnwmOqjWkZc&t=10m20s - That first stock was a big mistake on my part. I couldn't decide if I wanted wall jump > side B or up B, but I didn't decide fast enough. Ate the infinite for a bit, that was fun. I feel this is better than the Fox match above (same guy).

Again, any feedback is appreciated. I wanna be the best Smash 4 player in my state, so I'm really trying to improve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom