• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ICs in Brawl-

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
So I'm part of the Brawl- project, and we're coming up on our deadline for an alpha release. We are currently in the middle of making an IC build (as done by Kirk, that god who has Nana's offsets), but we need more input from actual IC mains as to what direction to take it in. So how do we break them, and give them a very special, interesting new style while doing so? Where are buffs most needed/most obvious, what do you guys want most?

Please keep in mind that we're not looking for OHKOs, instant easy 0-death chains, or conventional chaingrabs.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Take out the freeze effect blizzard has when hit with too much at the same time at higher percents. This would make blizzard to grab more reliable.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Squall needs less lag frames for better grabbing potential, Ice Blocks need to push the opponent downward slightly if they are in the air, and Blizzard needs to be un-SDI able.

Up-Air needs bigger hitbox, Nair needs more damage and knockback, Dair needs to be like melee.

Smashes need more knockback.

Thats all unless you want me to get into grabbing. <_<

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i thought we covered this int he IC topic? theres plenty of stuff in there that will let them keep up with the other characters.

failing that, look at my PSA climber's ice attacks for possible additions.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
A few things I would find amusing, although I have no idea how they would affect the game's balance and if all of them are possible:

-bigger grab range
-ridiculous horizontal speed on squall hammer plus crazy knockback on the last hit
-faster running speed
-much greater knockback on dair
-increase blizzard's horizontal range by 50% or so
-make ice blocks travel faster and make the move have much less lag
-make Nana so absurdly heavy that killing her before Popo isn't practical.

There are plenty of hilarious ways to break ICs. I'd also suggest buffing their up-B for recovery purposes, although I don't know what the best way of doing this would be.

J4pu

Smash Champion
random change: make Nana respond instantly and popo be the one that follows up
combine this with fly's idea of having Nana extremely heavy/resistant to knockback and you have a new broken Ice Climbers

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
that sounds like half the ICs costumes <_<

make them have the move ground traction in the game haha

and give them d3s grab range and buff their throw damage to like 15% XD
Awesome, and give their back throw set knockback so the ics will have true infinite in brawl XD

unsung-unit2291

Smash Cadet
Make Squall comparable to Luigi's Tornado.
Give Neutral B a property that "changes ownerships" of attacks that bounce off of it (ie reflector)

Can you lag Nana's attacks moreso so they combo directly out of Popo's?

Like Popo's Upair ends with Nana's Upair string?

Give something on them a consistent trip attack?

Belay retrieves from anywhere? Give sopo's solo UP B an early KO hitbox?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Or you could make it when you get grabbed, you get KOed immediately. Blizzard pulls into into grab.

They should have a magnetic force attracted towards them!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Make them invincible during Squall.

LOL.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like the ice blocks. they keep getting bigger as they slide. and then they freeze the person if they're over 90% (approx.). on top of that, nana slides a lot more. this is good and bad. i've noticed that you can send nana at the opponent by simply ftilting. 1st one sends her a little forward, but do it again before she returns fully and she'll slide forward again slightly farther.

there's some other stuff changed too (most noticeable is nana's fair animation has been sped up). they can still CG (i actually think they're grab range is bigger, but whenever nana throws a person they end up in an ice block making CGs from nana to popo impossible. needless to say, they play very differently...

oh, and their kill power has been increased (in keeping with the rest of B-).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Give popo invincibility frames during Belay so he cant get gimped from it. Perfect recovery.
Not true. If you hit your opponent with Belay right as it's starting you don't really go anywhere >_> lol.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
Make sopo's UpB have a grab effect like gannons sideB (poposide ftw)

remove the freeving effect for neutral B.

more control during squall with an inward pull so they stay in it like MK's nado

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Just make squall grab/lead to grab, blizzard always freeze( so it links to uair like all the time), make Nanas footstool random teleport the opponent like the glitch were both ICs get stuck.
Make Nanas grab damage 40-60% instantly XD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like the ice blocks. they keep getting bigger as they slide. and then they freeze the person if they're over 90% (approx.). on top of that, nana slides a lot more. this is good and bad. i've noticed that you can send nana at the opponent by simply ftilting. 1st one sends her a little forward, but do it again before she returns fully and she'll slide forward again slightly farther.

there's some other stuff changed too (most noticeable is nana's fair animation has been sped up). they can still CG (i actually think they're grab range is bigger, but whenever nana throws a person they end up in an ice block making CGs from nana to popo impossible. needless to say, they play very differently...

oh, and their kill power has been increased (in keeping with the rest of B-).
people, these are the changes. they aren't taking any suggestions now.

Top Bottom