• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichigo Kurosaki V0.92: Updated 9/19 OP Updated!

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
theres already a texture of ichigo over ike and a psa. if u mean model, i can try after this ones done, but i don't know if itll work due to the model problems.

cool, which animations?
I don't know, I suppose I will just go in order.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So... good progress then I'm guessing? lol

This is gonna be sweet when it's done, I don't really like Metaknight and Ichigo is an awesome replacement for him

Quanno

Smash Rookie
I actually like mk, but i would would gladly give him up for this kind of awesomeness

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
*Main Downloaded Updated*

-Somewhat fix for ground hitboxes. I think all ground moves hit at least once. By somewhat I mean there are no multiple hits(except for i think the down smash or the down tilt).

-temporary gfx for ground getsuga tenshou (still no hitbox)

-gfx for UpB(It's not finished, it looks okay during gameplay, but if you pause and zoom in, it won't be too pretty. I will finish that after some more fiddling around with sword glows.)(still no hitbox)

I know all of those things are incomplete, but I just felt like uploading either way.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I haven't downloaded the new update yet, so I'm not sure if you fixed it yet, but when you use a Up-B trying to recover but doesn't reach the edge you fall and just stand there. You don't die, neither you can move. Same for Up-B in a reasonable height.

I have some suggestions about Ichigo's moves. Again, I haven't downloaded the new update, so I haven't seen it's current state.

- It has a nice Dash Attack, it really fits him. Congrats.
- The Side-B doesn't fit him. Ichigo never holds it's Zangetsu that way, neither he ever throws it. It would fit a Hollow Ichigo (Shirosaki) but this is Ichigo, not Shirosaki. So my suggestion would be to change its Side-B to something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9mvULet8o (Video from a Bleach DS game).

At 1:03 he does a moving cut-dash-thingy that does multiple hits and the last hit sends up. I think it's more fitting. Could also work for recovery, like Ike's one.

I wonder if your Up-B will work like the one he does at around 1:27...

- The jabs are too fast! I'm not sure if that's bad but you can barely see him move. It's kinda poor looking.

I hope the best for this project, it's my favourite!
See ya.

EDIT: I'll download it now and check this new one out by tomorrow.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I haven't downloaded the new update yet, so I'm not sure if you fixed it yet, but when you use a Up-B trying to recover but doesn't reach the edge you fall and just stand there. You don't die, neither you can move. Same for Up-B in a reasonable height.

I have some suggestions about Ichigo's moves. Again, I haven't downloaded the new update, so I haven't seen it's current state.

- It has a nice Dash Attack, it really fits him. Congrats.
- The Side-B doesn't fit him. Ichigo never holds it's Zangetsu that way, neither he ever throws it. It would fit a Hollow Ichigo (Shirosaki) but this is Ichigo, not Shirosaki. So my suggestion would be to change its Side-B to something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9mvULet8o (Video from a Bleach DS game).

At 1:03 he does a moving cut-dash-thingy that does multiple hits and the last hit sends up. I think it's more fitting. Could also work for recovery, like Ike's one.

I wonder if your Up-B will work like the one he does at around 1:27...

- The jabs are too fast! I'm not sure if that's bad but you can barely see him move. It's kinda poor looking.

I hope the best for this project, it's my favourite!
See ya.

EDIT: I'll download it now and check this new one out by tomorrow.

I don't know what version your using but I replaced the Up-B aerial with the Down B. Does it still do that?

The Side-B suggestion could work but some other people would have to agree with it.

The Up-B is modeled after that one in the video.

Also, are there any attacks in particular you think are too fast, or just in general?

Thnx for your feedback, much appreciated.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I don't know what version your using but I replaced the Up-B aerial with the Down B. Does it still do that?

The Side-B suggestion could work but some other people would have to agree with it.

Also, are there any attacks in particular you think are too fast, or just in general?

I've downloaded the new one. WOW! Never knew that swapping a move that way was possible!
Being able to Shunpo in the air is great, still, having to be on the ground to use the original Up-B makes it kinda pointless, don't you think? I mean, I thought that Up-B was supposed to be Aether-like.

I think the Jab (neutral A on the ground) is too fast. You can barely see the movement animation. Also, if I'm not wrong there is an aerial, don't recall exactly which one, does a kinda laggy-looking landing.

The Getsuga Tenshou is looking cool, a step on the right path. Though as already said by someone, there's a graphic effect that looks more like it.

Can't wait to see this project evolve. To finish, a question: Why over Metaknight? Is it easier to manipulate? Or were you already thinking of the Shunpo?

See ya'll later

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

NO!

That side-B suggestion is terrible, it's not unique at all, it's too boring for a special attack, that could work as his Forward Smash

KEEP THE SPINNING AND THROWING SIDE-B SPECIAL FOR THE LOVE OF ALL UNIQUENESS AND CREATIVITY

Side note: I will download and try the new update

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I've downloaded the new one. WOW! Never knew that swapping a move that way was possible!
Being able to Shunpo in the air is great, still, having to be on the ground to use the original Up-B makes it kinda pointless, don't you think? I mean, I thought that Up-B was supposed to be Aether-like.

I think the Jab (neutral A on the ground) is too fast. You can barely see the movement animation. Also, if I'm not wrong there is an aerial, don't recall exactly which one, does a kinda laggy-looking landing.

The Getsuga Tenshou is looking cool, a step on the right path. Though as already said by someone, there's a graphic effect that looks more like it.

Can't wait to see this project evolve. To finish, a question: Why over Metaknight? Is it easier to manipulate? Or were you already thinking of the Shunpo?

See ya'll later

Ill make an aether like version and leave the shunpo version and put them both in the test folder for anyone who wants to try them. Then decide form there.

Will be fixed with next update.

why I chose metaknight...........Originally I was going to do it over link, but he's my main, so I moved to Ike, but I eventually wanted to play as Naruto who is on Ike so i dumped that(and there is already a ton of stuff on Ike), then Marth, but he was taken by Roy, then I tried fox, the model spazzed out and polygons were extending to the far reaches of the universe, I asked on kittycorp who it should be over and it was between metaknight and toonlink. I started on metaknight, but regardless I wanted to try it on toon link. I decided he would be better, but it was the same result as fox. Kept going with metaknight, until I eventually on a whim wanted to try on jigglypuff, and it worked, and I wanted to continue on jigglypuff but all animations were already extracted form the versus crusade and put on metaknight. It would take to long(or I was too lazy lol) to move to jigglypuff.

Also a bunch of the characters I mentioned are really popular, wouldn't wanna replace. And Metaknight is one of the few cpu's I cant beat at level 9 so I hate him.

NO!

That side-B suggestion is terrible, it's not unique at all, it's too boring for a special attack, that could work as his Forward Smash

KEEP THE SPINNING AND THROWING SIDE-B SPECIAL FOR THE LOVE OF ALL UNIQUENESS AND CREATIVITY

Side note: I will download and try the new update

lol, such enthusiasm. very well.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Well, Pikachu uses eletricity, what's the originality in that? It should use wind, doesn't it! For the love of all uniqueness and creativity...

Oh my. What's the point in being original if you're going OOC (out of character)?

Just asking.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Sorry, but that's just a horizontal slash that was given multiple hitboxes. It really isn't worthy of being a special on any character. Ever.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
@Fen__

I get your point. But it's not "just a horizontal slash that was given multiple hitboxes", it's a move that not only looks good and fits Ichigo's actual fighting style, it can also work as an recovery move. By saying "it really isn't worthy of being a special on any character, ever" you mean Ike's quick draw, Falco&Fox's Illusion and CF's Raptor Boost are too, since they're basically the same, with slight variations. Ichigo's one even hits multiple times and launches upwards, making it unique in comparison.

Also, the "spinning blade" Side-B that's being used now could be used on a Hollow Ichigo mod after this one is finished. After all, it's HIS signature move, not Ichigo's.

@SqLeon

Yes, it's a good idea to keep both for download.

Fen__

Smash Ace
The place in the video you showed didn't show a "run until connect, then execute simple horizontal slash with multiple hitboxes". He just slashed horizontally and it had multiple hitboxes. There was no reason for it to have multiple hitboxes, and no reason for it to go up. A crappy game for an anime does not give us good reason to adapt anything from it. The move is extremely uninteresting. The only interesting parts about it don't even make sense, as I've just pointed out. Brawl would be a pretty awkward game if moves that were only ever truly demonstrated exactly that way in the source games were used. Mario never swung his cape to reflect projectiles, Fox never was seen outside of his Arwing, Ness stole moves from other characters in his game, et cetera.

Is the spinning blade special super-duper-ultra-canon for all of the 12-year-olds to squee over? No. Is it interesting, at least vaguely related to the character, and does it provide a unique touch to the moveset? Yes. That's what you should go with when designing a character.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I guess you're seeing the wrong move then! Ichigo dashes with a slash of his sword dealing multiple hits and pushing the opponent along then finishes the move with a upward slash that sends the opponent up.

EDIT: Timing was a little wrong. Actually it's 1:05 of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9mvULet8o

I've given a slightly sooner value to avoid giving a time in the middle of the move. Guess it wasn't a good idea.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I guess you're seeing the wrong move then! Ichigo dashes with a slash of his sword dealing multiple hits and pushing the opponent along then finishes the move with a upward slash that sends the opponent up.

EDIT: Timing was a little wrong. Actually it's 1:05 of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9mvULet8o

I've given a slightly sooner value to avoid giving a time in the middle of the move. Guess it wasn't a good idea.

That one is too generic, it fails as a special move, it's fine for a sidesmash though

Who cares if it's a little out of character it's just a better and more unique move, and btw Ichigo does actually swing his sword like that when he's normal when he goes to save Rukia, so there it's not out of character

Keep the cool spinning Side-B SqLeon, it's just better, but look at that video for regular A attacks, there's a few good ones in there

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman

-Finished all ground hitboxes.

-The UpB has been given hitboxes and a sword trail. The sword trail has no color atm but once i figure out how to fix it ill re-upload.

completely disregard the graphic for getsuga tenshou.

sorry i didn't get around to the previously mentioned glitches.

Ah good save
btw must've been hard finding the clip eh?
yes it was

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

-Finished all ground hitboxes.

-The UpB has been given hitboxes and a sword trail. The sword trail has no color atm but once i figure out how to fix it ill re-upload.

completely disregard the graphic for getsuga tenshou.

sorry i didn't get around to the previously mentioned glitches.

yes it was
Awesomesauce

I'll give feedback on this one I think, but one thing I'll just throw out there, after everything is finished are you going to try making the attacks look a little more smooth?

A sword trail might help with that actually. In fact that might be the only problem but it's hard to tell.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Awesomesauce

I'll give feedback on this one I think, but one thing I'll just throw out there, after everything is finished are you going to try making the attacks look a little more smooth?

A sword trail might help with that actually. In fact that might be the only problem but it's hard to tell.

Yeah, I'm going to try and make things more smooth, and change some animations, and maybe add a tiny sword trail to each attack. Also another thing that bothers me is the sounds(not voices). After playing as other characters for a while, I started playing as ichigo and things like landing and ledge grabbing and moving feel like nothing.

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
Somethings wrong with the side b and final smash for side b he just twirls around his sword and final smash does nothing and b does nothing but have a pretty glow

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Mind if I try Brawl-ifying his texture a bit? Adding texture to his kimono/hakama (I don't know which one the Shinigami uniform technically is) and a little to his hair and such? I'll DL it and do just that for you if you don't mind.

P.S: Does the FitMetaknight.zip contain all the files in the Upload 5 Folder?

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
Mind if I try Brawl-ifying his texture a bit? Adding texture to his kimono/hakama (I don't know which one the Shinigami uniform technically is) and a little to his hair and such? I'll DL it and do just that for you if you don't mind.

P.S: Does the FitMetaknight.zip contain all the files in the Upload 5 Folder?
yeah it does

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, looked at his textures and...what the bullet were they smoking when they "organized" his textures? I can try to edit them, but its going to be a nightmare. I'll trace over the old shadows on a different layer in order to try and make Ichigo match Brawl anesthetics as much as possible...To use a video game curse word, editing his hair in anyway is going to be Grus.

Justi

Smash Rookie
Sweet looking hack! I love the show. Ulquiorra was one of my fav. char from it.
Quick question
How did you get the models? with dxripper?
when I use it, they usually come without a texture or shader.
I know this may be a noob question, but would you mind shedding some light please?
I've been trying to get my Mass Effect Char, and she comes without shaders or something. She's super pale!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, little progress has been made, Photoshop stopped responding on me after finishing the wrappings for Zangetsu's handle (which I tried to make look realistically worn and aged a bit), it looked awesome. As for the hair, I can get a good read on how the hair textures flow, so I will need to edit the dark shade further in order to get an idea. The eyes, eyebrows, nose, and Vizaard mask I think I can manage right now.

Since I don't know which part of the texture relates to the mouth however, that will be tougher to figure out, and his chin I can't gauge really well because it seems some texture stretching may be involved based on it's appearance.

Thats it for this update!

EDIT: I finished re-texturing the kimono and the juban textures completely. No more progress on the face textures yet. I might just eliminate the shadows for his hair completely since it seems to be a lost cause, but I will soon try editing the shadows on the skin to try making them similar to Brawl aesthetics, but at this point there are no promises that I will be able to do it.

I can't locate the part of the texture pertaining to the highlight in his hair, anybody know where that is so I may get rid of it permanently?

Got the Motion.Pac file I got is nothing but T-Stancing, and I got it from the latest zip file. What is going on?

EDIT 2: I felt like suggesting something here, so I am going to suggest a non-special moveset (since the specials have already been established), I looked at the motion file, and I have to say, not a lot of it has been thought out (I am being bluntly honest, and I am sorry if it offends you somehow). So here is what I suggest, and if I suggest things that are already in place, ignore them.

Also, I recommend making a new file for Ichigo's animations so that you can organize them anyway you see fit, this DOES NOT mean you will have to redo the animations, just export one of each the animations you currently have to a new .brres resource pack on another file, then rename the animations accordingly. I have done this with an animation project I am working on from scratch (which is preceded currently with Brawl-ifying Ichigo;s textures for you, which I tested a bit of recently).

A: Ichigo throws his left elbow out, which does light KB and damage.

AA: Ichigo does a slash with Zangetsu, dealing moderate KB and moderate damage.

A ->: ...

Up-A: Stumped on coming up with a unique one here.

Down-A: Ichigo quickly slashes Zangetsu along the ground around him, it has a large hitbox around Ichigo and produces a slight wind effect that pushes opponent's away a very small distance.

F-Smash: Ichigo does a uppercut slash, but creates an energy shockwave along with it . Shockwave does moderate damage and KB, sword does high KB and moderate damage.

U-Smash: Ichigo brings Zangetsu up and stabs it into the ground, creating a quick energy burst around and a bit above him. Similar to one of his Supers from Blade of Fate.

D-Smash: Ichigo brings up Zangetsu at a different angle, then stabs him into the ground again, this time creating two ground-bound shock waves on either side of him.

Aerials.

N-Air: Ichigo spins around with Zangetsu twice, dealing light damage and light-moderate KB.

F-Air: Ichigo performs a powerful overhead slash.

B-Air: Ichigo performs a wide slash behind him with hitboxes above, forward, and below a small area in front of him.

D-Air: I have no clue, a high-angle slash down ward maybe?

Throws

FThrow: Ichigo simply c0cks himself back then throws his opponent.

BThrow: Ichigo swings around twice before flinging his opponent in the opposite direction of what he is facing.

D-Throw: Ichigo slams the opponent down to the ground and slaps them with the blunt side of Zangetsu.

U-Throw: Ichigo throws his opponent upward, then juggles them a few times with slashes.

These are the best ideas I have for right now. I'll focus on finishing Ichigo's textures for some of today.

Justi

Smash Rookie
A: Ichigo throws his left elbow out, which does light KB and damage.

AA: Ichigo does a slash with Zangetsu, dealing moderate KB and moderate damage.

A ->: ...

Up-A: Stumped on coming up with a unique one here.

Down-A: Ichigo quickly slashes Zangetsu along the ground around him, it has a large hitbox around Ichigo and produces a slight wind effect that pushes opponent's away a very small distance.

F-Smash: Ichigo does a uppercut slash, but creates an energy shockwave along with it . Shockwave does moderate damage and KB, sword does high KB and moderate damage.

U-Smash: Ichigo brings Zangetsu up and stabs it into the ground, creating a quick energy burst around and a bit above him. Similar to one of his Supers from Blade of Fate.

D-Smash: Ichigo brings up Zangetsu at a different angle, then stabs him into the ground again, this time creating two ground-bound shock waves on either side of him.

Aerials.

N-Air: Ichigo spins around with Zangetsu twice, dealing light damage and light-moderate KB.

F-Air: Ichigo performs a powerful overhead slash.

B-Air: Ichigo performs a wide slash behind him with hitboxes above, forward, and below a small area in front of him.

D-Air: I have no clue, a high-angle slash down ward maybe?

Throws

FThrow: Ichigo simply c0cks himself back then throws his opponent.

BThrow: Ichigo swings around twice before flinging his opponent in the opposite direction of what he is facing.

D-Throw: Ichigo slams the opponent down to the ground and slaps them with the blunt side of Zangetsu.

U-Throw: Ichigo throws his opponent upward, then juggles them a few times with slashes.

These are the best ideas I have for right now. I'll focus on finishing Ichigo's textures for some of today.
A ->: Ichigo does a up slash then a down slash : one pulls the enemy toward him, the other launches him out and down

Up-A: Ichigo does a blade spin like hichigo did, and end it when the button is released by doing a strong upward slash

U-Smash: Ichigo stabs his oponent and flings him upward

Aerials.

N-Air: Ichigo does an up then a down slash

D-Air: Ichigo does a 10* or so slash down dealing 14% and producing moderate KB

Throws

Specials

N-Special: Ichigo applies Getsuga Tenshou to his sword, like he did in his fight with Ulqiorra before becoming a hollow. increase damage and knockback for a short period

D-Special: Ichigo transform to Bankai for a short period

FB-Special: Ichigo Getsuga Tenshou(stronger when under the influence of N-Special)

U-Special: Ichigo can walk and jump on air for a short period Idk
--------
Well that is my input, I don't know his current Moveset, as I don't yet have an Sd card, but I hope it's at least an interesting read =p

turpinator

Smash Rookie
Where's the audio files for Ichigo? It says in the first post that Quanno got some for him. Or has it not been implemented yet?

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Im not a fan of Bleach or anything. But alot of my friends are gaga for Ichigo. So i thought for sh¡ts and giggles i'd DL this to see if its better then MK. But im curious...whats the .Zip in the DL for? I've never seen one in my time of downloading hacks. Is it something I need to DL in order to play with Ichigo properly?

Top Bottom