• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichibancon 2010 - Charlotte, NC, 1/8 - 1/10/2010 MELEE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
do you know the details on that?

havent been keeping up
No, last update was Spy/Sniper. They had a "classless" update, which featured new maps and new hats, which were the ****, and they had a special Halloween map with special halloween achievements and hats.

Rumors are the next update will be soldier, since several blog posts are posted by "The Soldier," and are written very much how he talks. If it's not the soldier, it's the demoman.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Medic = perfect noob class. Don't know the level? Follow someone as medic. I mean, who's gonna get pissed off for getting healed? No one EVER gets mad at a medic, it's the perfect class for beginners!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
medic and scout were my 2 fave classes wheni rented the xbox 360 version

before i got banned from live :(

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
360 is a bunch of noobs and the occasional Battle Medic. Oh, and people yelling at me because I'm a girl so I sound like a prepubescent 12 year old boy. I had someone ask me if I knew the Scout could double jump...

Speaking of which, I still like Scout, no matter how useless he is. :C But I <3 Soldier forever.

THREAD DERAILED

Did the AZ guys seriously say "you don't even need to play the finals, you guys play each other all the time, it doesn't matter" because they were trying to get the tourney over with? Stuff like that makes me SO ANGRY.

I didn't play any Melee that weekend, I didn't really know you guys except Karn, haha. And maybe Malk was there. And Plur somehow knew who I was :laugh:

ALSO PLUR WHO DO YOU PLAY IN JOJO'S?! I'M SO HYPE FOR THAT TOURNAMENT

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Battle Medic is fun, especially if you run behind someone healing, and then you whip out that bonesaw and start hacking people up. They NEVER expect it!

Engineer for life, though - I'm such a good god****ed engineer...

Anyway, if I could enter JoJo's, I'd **** you all with Dio. End of story.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
I didn't play any Melee that weekend, I didn't really know you guys except Karn, haha. And maybe Malk was there.
Yeah, Malk and THO showed up a little bit after the tournament started.

The only melee i played at AZ was with Foxy. I was the only person to keep playing him after he won. Everybody else that played Foxy, would get up and leave after losing lol

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
I remember when i used to play IC's all the time....then i started playing samus lol. Well, actually i still practice with IC's sometimes.

*CT*

Smash Lord
This seems pretty legit, I have a few friends that live in Charlotte, I might try to get some housing for all three days there. Oh wait a second my sister has an apartment in Charlotte. I'll try to come to this. The gift card sounds like a nice prize.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I honestly wish it was more than a gift card. But if I can run a Smash tourney outside of a con, I guarantee it won't be a gift card.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Nick we should do a tourney in concord together. find a venue and run it together.
I've been wanting to for a while now, it's just I can't afford the venue fee currently for pretty much ANYWHERE. And my house is a no go, and Zo's house is a little too small for that many people.

As for payout, there's no entry fee, so I can't do a cash prize for this con. If that's what the question was...

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I've been wanting to for a while now, it's just I can't afford the venue fee currently for pretty much ANYWHERE. And my house is a no go, and Zo's house is a little too small for that many people.

As for payout, there's no entry fee, so I can't do a cash prize for this con. If that's what the question was...
we could most likely do something at my house or at my college.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Sounds chill, Snapp. What college you go to? Maybe we can get together to set something up for February. =D

Top Bottom