• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichibancon 2010 - Charlotte, NC, 1/8 - 1/10/2010 MELEE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Ichibancon is an anime and gaming convention which also celebrates Japanese pop culture. The 3-day event will be held this January at the Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, North Carolina, a hotel just outside of Charlotte which also houses an indoor waterpark. As the Carolinas' first anime con of the new year, this will be a weekend you'll never forget!

There is no entry fee to enter any of the tournaments at the convention, however there is a venue registration fee for the convention.

Pre-reg Prices:
(Must be received by December 13, 2009!)
$25 - Full Weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)
$20 - Friday Only
$20 - Saturday Only
$10 - Sunday Only

At-the-door Prices:
$35 - Full Weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)
$25 - Friday Only
$25 - Saturday Only
$15 - Sunday Only

Dates: January 8th, 9th, and 10th, 2010.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Rules

Matches will be set to 3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.

Items will be set to "off" and "none."

The tournament is single elimination.

All rounds, with the exception of the finals, will be 2 out of 3 matches. The finals will be 3 out of 5.

If the timer runs out, ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.

The first stage is selected at random from the neutral stages below. The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one.

Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

ADDITIONAL RULES:

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The same goes for Ganon's suicide grab, as well as Dedede and Kirby's swallowcides.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties. We also will not be supplying additional Gamecube controllers, so if you enter, make sure you come prepared.

Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., pausing, freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. The Japanese Ledge Grab Rule, limited to 35 grabs to the ledge, will also be in effect.

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Banned Stages:
Pirate Ship
Corneria
Green Greens
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Also, bringing your own controller or arcade stick is encouraged. More information about day and time, as well as prize, will be posted when determined by the head of convention staff.

Other tournaments for the convention include:
Street Fighter 4
Rock Band
In the Groove 2
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
Tekken 6
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

For rules on the other tournaments, please visit Ichibancon Forums' Gaming Board. For additional information about the con, please visit Ichibancon's home page.

THIS JUST IN: ICHIBANCON WILL BE PLANNING A "MIDNIGHT MELEE" TOURNAMENT ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 8TH, AT MIDNIGHT!! LET EVERYONE KNOW, AS THESE CHANGES HAPPENED LITERALLY AT 4:25 IN THE MORNING LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE GO TIME!!

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Smash will be on Saturday, and I'm trying to get them to have it in the larger room that the Rock Band tournament will be in earlier that day. The game room is a bit smallish, so trust me, you'll thank me for it. Also, there will only be singles this year.

Currently, they've only told me the prizes COULD be either free entry to Ichibancon 2011, or like a Gamestop gift card. I'm gunning for the gift cards, because no prominent Smash player would come only to be able to get in free next year.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
how much is the gift card? >.>

also is it only for first? because sushi will probably be there if it's in charlotte >________>

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Yes I did, Tone.

And I'm not sure yet - but I have a feeling it will only be a prize for first. If it were up to me, I'd make it cash for top 3, but I've gotta work with the con for this.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Yeah after i told you twice LOL
No, I did before your second post. You might not have refreshed it. But s'all good.

And because gambling is illegal or some **** in NC (excepting the education lottery), so we need to keep things like this regulated for a huge event. If things go well, I'll pull a Vilt and start looking for nice venues to hold regular tourneys in Charlotte, because CLT needs Smash love too since you guys stopped coming down. =(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It's actually not classified as gambling, video games are considered a game of skill so you're legally allowed to have cash prizes for them.

You couldn't have a dice rolling tournament for cash prizes, but Smash is OK

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
It's actually not classified as gambling, video games are considered a game of skill so you're legally allowed to have cash prizes for them.

You couldn't have a dice rolling tournament for cash prizes, but Smash is OK
Cool, I'm glad I know this now. I doubt I can convince the con staff to go for it, but when I start doing regular tourneys, cash prize is guaranteed. <3

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure, unfortunately. This is a first year con, so we don't have the "legacy" that Animazement has built up. And unfortunately, NO ONE on the forums visits the video game boards, except maybe Tone and like two other people. Help get the word out about this, and it should be a decent con with decent tourney turnouts.

Jon?

Smash Champion
There are more white people at anime conventions than Asians, my friend.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
So, Animazement last year had a 128 man "first come first serve" basis in getting a Smash tourney together. I mentioned this at a staff meeting a few weeks ago, and they told me we likely won't be getting NEAR that many people, and that it'd likely be a 64 man tournament, IF THAT.

NC (and the surrounding area) Smash, let's prove them wrong. Maybe we'll get so many Smashers to enter that it could count towards PR. What do you guys say?

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
Well I wouldn't know that, Jon. I've never been to an anime convention. I'm not asian.
OH SNAAAAAP

Also, I don't know if I want to be tourney-aid-***** or if I want to play. I think I might play. If you need the help, I'll help you keep track of brackets or call match numbers.

OR DO I PLAY

FFFFFF

Anyway, I'll be at this regardless. WITH AN ART TABLE. GUYS (please at least look at my art and be really impressed by my prints and keychains, I'm so god**** poor)

theAPExp

Smash Ace
lol you saw the door fee to get into this didn't you stingers?

and the az con tourney was a mess
they had so many people

but playing in the game room
all weekend was fun

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah 25 bucks

i figure it'll be fun. i might not make money but w/e

i made a grand total of $20 from smash for the 2 years before 2009 so thats not a big deal lol

Top Bottom