• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice climbers grab technique

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noltron

Smash Rookie
When you are using Ice climbers, you can do some substantial damage to your foe, with this grabbing technique.

For this to work, you should be on a one on one match against a fairly slow or close ranged character, preferably both. You should also have both ice climbers alive.

•1•
Have one of your ice climbers grab your foe. For all intents and purposes, lets say Nana turns out to be the one who grabs on to your enemy.

•2•
Unleash with your simple combo punches (just press a repeatedly)

•3•
Right when your foe begins to stumble out of Nana's grasp, smash attack quickly, becuase there is a .5 or so time frame where Nana and her foe flinch out of the grab. In this time frame, Popo is able to attack still, so smash attack, and he should deliver a blow to knock your enemy back out of the way so that he isnt within attack range to counter. It doesnt always work, depending on how fast your foe is-both in reflex and charecter.

It is definately not the most polished technique, I can tell you that.

You can modify beating punch by having Popo use some sort of battering item.

I can see this working especially in team battles. While the ice climbers hold onto the charecter and beat on him, a teamate with a home run bat can just mozy on up and fling em out. Either that or say a slow but strong attack-falcon punch, and charged smash attacks.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Why not just 0-Death them? >__________>

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pretty advanced stuff, man. I can't keep up.

Welcome to the site!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
QFT

As for your idea I mean your opponent doenst always have to stumble out of you grab. If you just grab with popo you can get nana to charge a Fsmash or Usmash just as easily after a chain grab or i guess just whenver you want.

Good concept though... If you want to learn stuff about the ice climbers though you may want to look here:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Um...well...
This is the wrong forum firstly...it should go into general discussion for the ICs. Also, this is pointless as the ICs can infinitely do alternating grabs.

Alright....since I gave an honest response can I just troll now?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
0-death is exactly what it sounds like. They go from 0% to death.

You just grab -> throw -> grab -> repeat about 15 times -> Usmash.

Noltron

Smash Rookie
WOAH. Didnt see that coming. lol all well, guess you dont have to do all of that after all... :dizzy:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I'm highly suprised not more people trolled this guy.

Noltron, I suggest you lurk (just in case your new to forums and you do not know what that means...)

Lurking is staying around in a certain area (it could be the entire forum or one specific board) until you are familiar with the common knowledge and how things work. If you had lurked in the Ice Climbers boards, you would have known about their grabs and that what you have just posted is common knowledge.

If you had lurked in Tactical, you may not have found that knowledge due to it being for Ice Climbers. So knowing where to lurk is also important.

Just a heads up for the future. :) You got really lucky that not everyone was an ******* to you for this thread.

EDIT:
Falcon, stop trolling the poor guy. Seems more of a newcomer and less of a troll, and you aren't being anything more then a **** right now.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Pretty advanced stuff, man. I can't keep up.

Welcome to the site!
QFT

As for your idea I mean your opponent doenst always have to stumble out of you grab. If you just grab with popo you can get nana to charge a Fsmash or Usmash just as easily after a chain grab or i guess just whenver you want.

Good concept though... If you want to learn stuff about the ice climbers though you may want to look here:

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142
...?
I'm not familiar with the term...
lrn 2 lurk moar
If you had more than 2 hours worth of internet experience you probably would.
I just felt like I should quote all this...I don't know why but the last one was the only one I wanted to...
Come on, Falcon...We all love to troll, but this kid seems like he had good, honest intentions and is just in the wrong thread. He is not yet ready for your scorn.

edit: SuSa snaked me...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I just felt like I should quote all this...I don't know why but the last one was the only one I wanted to...
Come on, Falcon...We all love to troll, but this kid seems like he had good, honest intentions and is just in the wrong thread. He is not yet ready for your scorn.
Agreed.

I felt bad about the sarcasm, so I just welcomed him.

B!squick

Smash Master
At least he's not posting in Rajam's Match-Up Chart thread and going, "lolwat? this chart is messed up and wrong." Or posting in Ankoku's topic and saying it was an inaccurate tier list (I'm looking at you BOB SAGAT or whatever your name is).

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
If you really wanted, you could just copy and paste this in the IC general discussion. Regardless, I wouldn't recommend it as it's kinda useless and very known.

At least according to your profile you main Ivysaur and you're new here. You should probably just go to the PKMN Trainer boards and introduce yourself in the GD. They'll help you on your journey to smash-lordship ^^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Oh my god, how did this thread get to page 2? Seriously, we don't need 20+ people telling him "you're wrong" when he admitted he didn't know. If someone's already pointed him in the right direction then leave it alone and wait for a lock.

I'm closing this thread so you can be jerks somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom