• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Animation "Binding"

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I believe I may have found something related to how the Ice Climbers' animations are "bound" together. I don't know how much is known about this, nor do I know if this is new infomation or not, but I think it might be useful:

(This is the MiscData[1] in the IC's Etc part of the MotionEtc.pac.)

Like I said, I don't know if this is new information, but we might be able to use it to get the Ice Climbers to use separate animations. Or, I could be wrong and this could be of absolutely no importance. Does anyone have any more information about this or what we can do with this?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...O_O

This is really sounding appetizing right about now. I'll take a look at it I suppose

Manikku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manikku
Yeah.. This would be very interesting to see with other characters. Possibly when Sonic characters start working, a Sonic and Tails team. :p

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what that means.:laugh: I do want to learn how to go into more detail into things like this (such as what you just said), but at the moment, I'm pretty illiterate with hex editors, programming, coding, etc.
He means that doesn't do anything, it just lists functions. What you need to find is the data that corresponds to it. That, of course, is the hard part. It's still an interesting find. We should look through those strings more...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
He means that doesn't do anything, it just lists functions. What you need to find is the data that corresponds to it. That, of course, is the hard part. It's still an interesting find. We should look through those strings more...
Exactly as I said, I'm pretty illiterate in this stuff. I understand what you're saying, but I have no idea how to do that.

ChaosofST

Smash Cadet
Hmmmm I'm not sure but if that truly is the binding data couldn't we just take it and recreate the MiscData to fit anyone I know it sounds simple and I'm sure it isn't but it just looks that way to me. I don't know
And what do you mean that the whole tag team thing has already been done before? I haven't seen such a feat.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Hmmmm I'm not sure but if that truly is the binding data couldn't we just take it and recreate the MiscData to fit anyone I know it sounds simple and I'm sure it isn't but it just looks that way to me. I don't know
And what do you mean that the whole tag team thing has already been done before? I haven't seen such a feat.
It was a long time ago.

So...............has anyone found anything yet? Or has this been given up on?:(

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
try replacing the misc data file with the Animation bind, with another characters. Maybe that might delete the bind they have

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
I tried, and it did absolutely nothing.
Like I said earlier, that string doesn't do anything, it just says that there is something called that in the rest of the file. However, I wonder why the game didn't disagree with alterations to that part of the file.

Top Bottom