• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder if Pit's early confirmation is a sign of things to come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If Ganondorf can come back Willy nilly, I'm sure a real god can shrug off face disintegration if they wanted to reuse an old one.

Also the Palutena anime short <3<3<3
Gotta love how cute both Pit and Palutena are in that 2-part anime short. <3

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
KI so needs to be expanded as a series and needs more anime shorts of em, especially Palutena's. But then if they made a new game, who'd be the villain be since Medusa and Hades were defeated? I forgot the name of the antagonist in "Of Myths and Monsters" though... Orcos was it?
Spoilers ahead, I don't know how to do the tags.

I think the Aurum arc in Uprising shows that they can do just about anything. But if you particularly wanted to stay in the general area of mythology, there's the titans, Cronos and Ouranos... and let's not forget that Medusa was never a 'God' outside of Kid Icarus, so some other mythological character could be promoted upward like she was (eg. Circe)

And speaking of the Aurum arc, they never did find Pyrrhon's body, and we know that villains are no match for him.

Also with Hades, Medusa and Thanatos down there'd be a power struggle in the Underworld, and somebody would have to take over. Perhaps Dantalion?

Gotta love how cute both Pit and Palutena are in that 2-part anime short. <3
It's pretty hard to make Pit anything else!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

I think the Aurum arc in Uprising shows that they can do just about anything. But if you particularly wanted to stay in the general area of mythology, there's the titans, Cronos and Ouranos... and let's not forget that Medusa was never a 'God' outside of Kid Icarus, so some other mythological character could be promoted upward like she was (eg. Circe)

And speaking of the Aurum arc, they never did find Pyrrhon's body, and we know that villains are no match for him.

Also with Hades, Medusa and Thanatos down there'd be a power struggle in the Underworld, and somebody would have to take over. Perhaps Dantalion?

Idk who would eventually lead, but I know that it'd start with stray Underworld enemies flying about, later on different ones attack each other, each pack being lead by a strong power, and eventually the big guy who becomes the new leader appears even later on. Come upon a new Forces of Nature commander or 2 to aid in the battle after completing each of their trials (mainly battle em at the end),

Pit's always that cute as long as he stays the way he is. <3

nessokman

Smash Lord
dark pit trollololol. KI:U reached an astounding 1,000,000 copies sold. Not bad for a game absent for two decades. I think viridi, palutena or dark pit for sure. I just bought uprising after losing it. I am now going through to look for new potential final smashes for pit ;)

nessokman

Smash Lord

after taking out the arum brain, the explosion from phyrrhon's defeat shot a massive flame out that propelled the arum mothership across the galaxy. Palutena says it in the end of the mission that she hopes he pushes them away. :I

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
dark pit trollololol. KI:U reached an astounding 1,000,000 copies sold. Not bad for a game absent for two decades. I think viridi, palutena or dark pit for sure. I just bought uprising after losing it. I am now going through to look for new potential final smashes for pit ;)
The raining arrows to be called Arrow Storm if not Arrow Downpour (just because the word "storm" is overused) for starters.

nessokman

Smash Lord
The raining arrows to be called Arrow Storm if not Arrow Downpour (just because the word "storm" is overused) for starters.
hmmm.....that in air special is epic, i use it when i'm about to die only tho.... I'd like to get the power of flight with a bow and shoot everyone while arrows pour down

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
hmmm.....that in air special is epic, i use it when i'm about to die only tho.... I'd like to get the power of flight with a bow and shoot everyone while arrows pour down

As for the other specials, you got:

-Spinning tornadoes with the Club
-Having a blast with the Cannon
-Spinning to make sharp close-ranged cutters with the Claws
-Lightning Strike with the Blade
-Random projectiles via Orbitars
-Bursting energy from the Palm
-Mega sniping shot from the Staff
-Super fast punching animation from the Arm.

Bow wins my vote the best, though I do love that Blade and Cannon special too.

nessokman

Smash Lord
As for the other specials, you got:

-Spinning tornadoes with the Club
-Having a blast with the Cannon
-Spinning to make sharp close-ranged cutters with the Claws
-Lightning Strike with the Blade
-Random projectiles via Orbitars
-Bursting energy from the Palm
-Mega sniping shot from the Staff
-Super fast punching animation from the Arm.

Bow wins my vote the best, though I do love that Blade and Cannon special too.

we should so PM each other and plan a KI match :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
I don't think much of Pit's appearance. If anything, he's become a favorite of Sakurai's. The man worked on his most recent game, after all. I'm expecting as much love for Pit's series now as what was done with Kirby's in SSBB. Don't know how to feel about that.

Anyone want to help me out with funding?
The lack of Pittwo is appalling 0/10 wouldn't play

nessokman

Smash Lord
Sakurai isn't making another sequel. He said maybe someone else will in 25 years in an interview with IGN

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai isn't making another sequel. He said maybe someone else will in 25 years in an interview with IGN
He said there wasn't one planned. Plans can change at any time, though it's clearly not a priority at the moment. Given its absurdly high sales and near infinite plot possibilities Nintendo would be fools not to push forward with the momentum they've got. But it wouldn't be the first time they've done that...

The lack of Pittwo is appalling 0/10 wouldn't play
Pittoo and Pittwo in the same game? That's just madness.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Meh, I'm sure that's just Sakurai's hesitation towards sequels, in general. Remember how he stated that both Melee and Brawl were the last games? I believe that's why he quit HAL Labs too. He's probably going to make another sequel, but only if he feels it is warranted.

Sakurai doesn't want his games to be Mario-saturated, after all.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i would like to see pelutena in ssb4 as a playable character

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Some of you are looking to deep into it.

I don't see how just because he was announced early means another rep will be in the game..

It's kinda like saying "oh McDonalds showed their burger first in the commercial instead of the actors, there must be a new burger coming"

I don't think KI needs another rep but that's just me.

nessokman

Smash Lord

Sid-cada

Smash Lord

nessokman

Smash Lord
I
Already read that article, thank you very much.

Now, while I don't expect a sequel soon, I will say that it will be a long wait for the next one. I doubt that it will be a 25 year wait, but more of a 10-15 year/every other console generation series. The magic of Uprising cannot be rushed.

I'm willing to wait, however long it takes.
I would like to see a sequel. I wanna know if dark pit is working for viridi, considering he can't fly by himself now.maybe someone else will make a sequel if sakurai doesn't. Somewhere I heard he was thinking about a port or sequel for Wii u, but I doubt it

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I really really hope for 3 KI Characters: The essentials
Pit
Palutena
Medusa

They just have so much ingame history together. While, well, everyone else is extremely awesome, I still think, if there are three characters, it will be the three above.

Medusa is the dark counterpart to Palutena's light (hint hint: Myth of Light: Palutena's Mirror), Palutena is the reason why Medusa is who she is today. All their history is so intertwined. Hades just showed up and wanted to wreck havock, Viridi just got pissed of humans in general and all the others are basically insignificant (*coughMagnuscough*) compared to these big gods. So yeah: I want the Triforce of the Kid Icarus Universe ;)

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Personally, I think KI will only have one more rep and it will be Palutena. Her character is extremely fleshed out in Uprising, plus she covers the smash bros characteristics of unique moveset potential, female character, popularity across the globe (if that last one even means anything). Sakurai gave Kirby two reps in brawl, so two more for KI are certainly possible in which case Medusa would be the most likely second newcomer. Dark Pit should simply be a color swap and Magnus just does not deserve a spot. Maybe an AT or a plain trophy though. Viridi is more worthy than Magnus, but still should not be playable. Hades on the other hand would be Medusa's competition for a third rep. I hope he makes it into the game as a boss. Regardless, Palutena is one of the few characters I want to play as in the new Smash.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
In my opinion, no game can balanced perfect .. also Super Smash Bros 4 will not be perfectly balanced. Therefore Sakurai has to make the '' true tier list ''
For example:

In Kid Icarus Uprising, Hades said Pit is the most powerfull Nintendo character all time. ( And its true I think ). Therefore Pit should be A Tier, or Top Tier, God Tier, whatever. And the weakest Character should be the last on tier list. I wish for myself, that Super Smash Bros 4 will be 100% balanced, but we know... this is a dream.

What do you think about this? It is logical right? ^^

Oh and I think the next character should be Amazon Pandora because:

- She is a woman, we need some female characters
- Amazon Pandora has unique techniques
- I think Amazon Pandora and Zelda would be a perfect Duo ( or Zero Suit Samus )
- Palutena will give Pit a mission like in Uprising and Super Smash Bros Brawl
- Medusa is a nice character, but Hades and Ganondorf would be a better Duo, but Medusa can Destroy in Skyworld some plattforms.

And assist Trophy:

A fighter from Light versus Dark

The light fighter should fight with a NEW weapon like Saki in Brawl
and the darkfighter should use a Power like black hole, Megalaser or a NEW one

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In my opinion, no game can balanced perfect .. also Super Smash Bros 4 will not be perfectly balanced. Therefore Sakurai has to make the '' true tier list ''
For example:

In Kid Icarus Uprising, Hades said Pit is the most powerfull Nintendo character all time. ( And its true I think ). Therefore Pit should be A Tier, or Top Tier, God Tier, whatever. And the weakest Character should be the last on tier list. I wish for myself, that Super Smash Bros 4 will be 100% balanced, but we know... this is a dream.

I don't think it's quite logical to make certain characters stronger than others intentionally. They should try their best at balancing at least, and then when the game releases they'll have enough info to release balance patches to further balance the game, something that Sakurai has spoken about as a possibility. So balance patches combined with Namco Bandai's very best developers is sure to make the game way more balanced than Brawl at least.

No character should intentionally be made better than others imo.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
SSB4 gets really balance patches? ^^ Great, I take it back what I say before. ^^ Brawl is really unbalanced... and the online mode was terrible. I think this are the most terrible points about Brawl. ^^ Which character do you play first?

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
For example:

Sure... A pit main saying that making Pit the best character in the game intentionally is logical.

Keep trying.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Palutena WILL be playable
When I read that, I thought you were stating a fact and looked up if there was any trailers or something for her. Now I am left disappointed.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Lets hope, I don't have any doubts about it anyways, mainly because of Sakurai making KI:U

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Sure... A pit main saying that making Pit the best character in the game intentionally is logical.

Keep trying.
Zaffy no,

I didn't know that SSB4 gets patches for balance. I took it back what I've said because Wariofan1 has wroten some informations.

Before Wariofan1 said it to me I tought, that SSB4 needs the '' true '' tier list. And Hades said Pit is the most powerfull nintendo character all time. I'm a Pit player since release of Brawl, but I didn't think Pit is the best. I tought the Starfox or Metroid series are the best because they have huge weapons. But I played Kid Icarus Uprising and nobody think about his effects. Most poeple think only his weapons and not the modificate or his powers. ^^ I ask me: '' Okay... How strong will Pit be? '' I finished Kid Icarus Uprising completly ( Including Boss Battle Level Hard and Palutenas, Hades, and Viridis treasure hunt and the chapters ) But later I defeated Hades again and wait some minutes in the end. I was astonished but I agree '' Hades '' because Pit can fight like in Dragon Ball Z. ( Bumble Bee, Megalaser, Energy Charge.... like a sayajin )... Or the palms ( he shot the projectiles by his hand... like a sayajin too ). Sakurai has a good reason, why he make that. ^^

Sorry if my english is bad. ^^ I hope you understand it xD I don't mean it bad, if sounds it bad I'm sorry.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If a second Kid Icarus character was added, I'd like to see either Medusa or Palutena.

Mostly I'd like Medusa, but if it is Palutena, that would cool too, in that case give her a Medusa color scheme and a Amazon Pandora color scheme.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I would love for both Medusa and Palutena for SSB4. But honestly, I'd rather have Hades over Medusa. He's just too fabulous to not be in the game. And as I've said many times before: I want to see Ganondorf vs Hades.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Ganondorf vs Hades would be epic!
I agree but I think that will remain a dream... I hope Pit gets more attention. =I He deserves it ^^

TeamFlareZakk

I agree but I think that will remain a dream... I hope Pit gets more attention. =I He deserves it ^^
I like Dark Pit in Uprising, so I'm hoping his color scheme is updated to look exactly like the Dark Pit from Uprising, purple eyes and all.

Yeah, I'd love to see more Pit and Kid Icarus!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I agree I agree I agreee AgatioGanon xD. Darkpit has to use his staff or a club. ^^ A little dark angel with a heavy weapon against a heavy fighter like Ganondorf.
^^ That would be so epic!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is what I want for Kid Icarus in SSB4:

- playable Pit (confirmed)
- playable Palutena
- playable Medusa
- NES Kid Icarus stage
- Uprising stage (Reset Bomb Forest confirmed)
- Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy
- Centurion Assist Trophy
- Adventure Mode boss (Hades or Thanatos or Medusa, if she isn't playable)
- trophies of NES Kid Icarus characters (Twinbellows, Pandora, Hewdraw, etc.)
- trophies of Uprising characters (Magnus, Hades, Viridi, etc.)

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too Impressed with the screen of the Reset Forest stage, mostly because in that frame it looks like a Fire Emblem stage. Hopefully as play progresses things will happen in the background to make it actually resemble KI:U.

Still, there are so many better options for stages:

Reaper Fortress
Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit
Space Pirate Ship
Medusa's Castle
Reset Bomb Depot
Lunar Sanctum
Thunder Cloud Temple
Aurum Brain
Palutena's Temple
Chaos Vortex
Rewind Spring
Hades' Belly

All better stage choices. But if the Reset Forest means Viridi in the background I'll be happy - just need to see some more gameplay footage.

TeamFlareZakk

I liked the Reset Forest, but at first glance I thought it was a Fire Emblem stage.

I would of liked to see

Medusa's Castle
Pandora's Labrynth of Deceit ( as long as David Bowie, Jerith isn't in it )
Dark Lord Gaol's Castle

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
This is what I want for Kid Icarus in SSB4:

- playable Pit (confirmed)
- playable Palutena
- playable Medusa
- NES Kid Icarus stage
- Uprising stage (Reset Bomb Forest confirmed)
- Eggplant Wizard Assist Trophy
- Centurion Assist Trophy
- Adventure Mode boss (Hades or Thanatos or Medusa, if she isn't playable)
- trophies of NES Kid Icarus characters (Twinbellows, Pandora, Hewdraw, etc.)
- trophies of Uprising characters (Magnus, Hades, Viridi, etc.)

Arcadenik Is it true? The Reset Bomb Forest is comfirmed? Where did you read that? ^^

I hope for the destroeyed skyworld. Because players, who not played Kid Icarus Uprising, can see how much damaged the Uprising war in Skyworld. Players will think: '' Woah... I tought Kid Icarus Uprising has a easy happy end like other games. Maybe other worlds ( like the underworld ) are destroyed too. '' All players can see the violent consequences. ^^ Maybe the players try to play Kid Icarus Uprising. But the Reset Bomb Forest is very beautiful. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom