• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I wonder how big the manual's going to be...

NDUDE

Smash Ace
I know this is minor, but I remember how back when SSBM came out, the game's manual actually kept me busy between playing. There was so much stuff in it. With SSBB, it's bound to be massive. Let's take these factors into consideration:

- 4 different controller options
- more characters
- emphasizing the special moves and Final Smashes of those characters
- more stages
- more items
- different techniques
- bajillions of game modes
- Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (gets its own chunk in other game manuals)
- 3 languages (Nintendo now prints their manuals in English, French, and Spanish), so triple the normal size

They're going to be publishing a freaking book...Might as well put in the official strategy guide...

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
My bets on Dojo being fully translated to pamphlet form.

...Either that or the Manual will be one page, and just have the link of the dojo's website, gotta save some trees with GreenPeace being on their *****.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
official strategy guide = spoils entire game

official manual = learning the basics

manual will just include everything on dojo and a little more. nothing really interesting or fun to talk about on this subject.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
No matter how big it is it won't be bigger than Civ IV's. I'm guessing not that big though, maybe 40-50 small pages at most.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
My bets on Dojo being fully translated to pamphlet form.

...Either that or the Manual will be one page, and just have the link of the dojo's website, gotta save some trees with GreenPeace being on their *****.
One page? What if you don't have access to the internet?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
1 page for each starting character..

.5-1 page per technique

1 page for "intro to subspace story"

and.. the rest well.. idk.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone will really care about reading the manual. I don't think I ever read a game manual in my life unless I was absolutely bored, and that was only 1 time.

I just like getting the game and going straight into it.
That could be bad though. Like that one time..>.>

I was playing tales of Destiny and I was atleast half-way towards the end of the game, when I realized you could switch out characters in battle...-.-

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
i always read the manual on the ride home after buying a game ;)
Oh and yeah it's gonna be pretty big specially because of the 3 languages

NDUDE

Smash Ace
i could care less, i'm buying the strategy guide any ways ( comes out on the 6th :p )
I don't get why people buy strategy guides BEFORE they get the game. I mean, if you want to look at some pics or know in advance how to get started, I understand. But I have a friend who reads full strategy guides for games he actually wants. For instance, he's a rabid Metroid fanboy. He doesn't even have a Wii, but he read through the strategy guide for Corrpution, thus spoiling the entire game. He does this for other games, too...Doesn't that just ruin the fun?

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I don't get why people buy strategy guides BEFORE they get the game. I mean, if you want to look at some pics or know in advance how to get started, I understand. But I have a friend who reads full strategy guides for games he actually wants. For instance, he's a rabid Metroid fanboy. He doesn't even have a Wii, but he read through the strategy guide for Corrpution, thus spoiling the entire game. He does this for other games, too...Doesn't that just ruin the fun?
Same way how people want the full roaster and every detail about the game before it's released, a.k.a nearly 90% of people here.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
i always read the manual on the ride home after buying a game ;)
Oh and yeah it's gonna be pretty big specially because of the 3 languages
Yeah I do that too. Anyway, Brawl's manual will be sold separately, as it will surely be a 3volumes encyclopedia.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Same length as melees pamphlet/manual/whatever.

All it's going to do is show the basic moves and that's it, using playable characters for examples like last time. Maybe a bit longer if they decide to add more than last time, but not by much. (not like there's going to be a crossword in there..right?)

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Same length as melees pamphlet/manual/whatever.

All it's going to do is show the basic moves and that's it, using playable characters for examples like last time. Maybe a bit longer if they decide to add more than last time, but not by much. (not like there's going to be a crossword in there..right?)
Solve the crossword to unlock Shigeru Miyamoto.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Who needs the manual when you have the Dojo? Seriously, I think they are going to get everything on that site and print it into a book.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope it's big enough to satisfy me.

Oh wait, there's that other thread for comments like this.

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
Here's my view;

- Smash Ball explained
- Some characters revealed (the Melee manual depicted a few characters as well)
- Manual will be trilingual (instead of two languages). First English, then Spanish or French
- Controls
- History behind each revealed character (?)
- Game Menus
- How-to-perform some the character's basic moves
- Subspace Emissary introduced

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _
Here's my view;

- Smash Ball explained
- Some characters revealed (the Melee manual depicted a few characters as well)
- Manual will be trilingual (instead of two languages). First English, then Spanish or French
- Controls
- History behind each revealed character (?)
- Game Menus
- How-to-perform some the character's basic moves
- Subspace Emissary introduced
64 pages for the win

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
You'll probably need a magnifying glass to read the tiny tiny font they'll have to use. The book can only be so thick, it has to fit inside of the box.

...Maybe they'll make the box bigger?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
You'll probably need a magnifying glass to read the tiny tiny font they'll have to use. The book can only be so thick, it has to fit inside of the box.

...Maybe they'll make the box bigger?
or the box could just explode open and be impossible to close like the spectrobes one

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Halo 3 added tons of stuff from Halo 2 and it's manual was pathetically small...even in comparison to Halo 2 so don't expect a big manual for Brawl just cause they added more stuff

Top Bottom