• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I went to a Tourney! (Some new vids of me getting ****)

Anther

Smash Champion
And got vids wtf!! lol anyways, here's 2 cool sets, I'm having a heck of a time converting these Mp4, keeping the sound synced, and splitting these jerks... but I thought the games were interesting. Funny cause every game in my bracket was against people that've knocked me out of tourneys past... or people that I've played against 50000 times... so the matches were interesting..

First 2 are vs Link, in the first match, and after promising it after like 6 months ago, I finally got Pika's super wavedash recorded XD.

vs Link 1
vs Link 2

... ok apparently the sound for those vids is a no...

at least it works on these..
vs Jiggly 1
vs Jiggly 2
vs Jiggly 3 - Proud of this one :B

Loser Finals Matches 4 and 5
(1-2) with Falco vs Dr Mario
vs Doc 4
vs Doc 5

Another Tourney
Winner Semis-
3 game set Anther vs Shaeden
I've yet to beat him in a set >.>.

Wouldn't mind any critiquing... Unless it's bad. Jk

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
anther, your pikachu is coming along great. That's some really smooth stuff, I like your style.

I know how it is playing people you play all the time...but regardless, you need to maybe not fancy it up versus new competition quite as much. While you may look great, the score speaks more than the super wavedash, and veteran thinking will usually triumph in a close match if you let it stay tied the whole time. Nice moves though.

Against jiggly, you had the idea right the first match, for awhile. Stay low, dont create a pattern for the jiggly to back air you to death in. Instead, learn ITS pattern...if you stand still, puffs will literally just back air for ages in place, wondering why you arent moving up towards them. Also, flaunt the down throw more. While most puffs can DI away from an upsmash, it still scares the **** out of them. Ive played some very tough puffs before, and not always won...I dont agree with N64's placing of where puff is on the character list. So yeah, its not just you.

Overall, great stuff. Just work on gaining experience against good people.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Sometimes I hate having a sidekick and no internet connection at home.

So with that said, t's probably obvious I haven't watched these vids yet.

One thing I can say about the jiggs matchup though...

Ftilt is ur friend

Wd back or pivot into a ftilt on jiggs when they try to fall with bair

Since pika's a low target, they really have to try to aim it. And if they try to float closer to score a different attack the ftilt stays out long enough to give em a little "no-no" tap...lol

If the jiggs is tryin to come in from a high angle, u can use the following:

- reverse uairs (switch between full and short hops)
- jolts (depending on the space available on the stage) even on small stages u can usually get in one or two. Also use it if you see rollout charging up.

If u see jiggs throwing out less bairs, you might get tempted to start an aerial onslaught.

Might not be the best idea...

You can throw a nair or dair in here and there.

In that matchup, pika doesn't really have to outspeed jiggs much. In fact this is one of those matchups that will be played a little slower than others...

Don't just walk forward and forward tilt though. That will be predictable.

Can't say much about doc...

Ehh... doc's my kryptonite. Lol

Anther

Smash Champion
Thx for the Strat Scis, and the critique Zig. and you're right about something that other people noticed a while back, and that I tend to play for the lead and then go for flashiness as opposed to actually staying ahead of my opponent. I actually did that vs doc in the 4th match, and had that thought in my mind then. though, I just got outplayed in the final match. But yeah... ... yeah... headache johns, can't think right now.

animan

Smash Cadet
Man anther your pikachu is really good i big al has shown me a lot of your matches and you kick major *** i have learned alot from your matches and dont weary about doc big al was just having fun that day he is talking about going DK the whole time next time

SkyeYuki

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha, oh wow. I LOVED the Dr. Mario match. The way you kept coming back at the end was priceless.

Anther

Smash Champion
Thx got some new ones up, me getting beat up by Falco/Fox. I'm a lil upset at the grand amount of random mistakes I made in the last 2 matches. x.X.

Levitas

the moon
lol, are you gonna link to that thunderspike match Anther? I want to see what these parts of the boards have to say about that.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
wow at the last vid versus falco. i only watched the first vid. im like hmm maybe anther could teach me some stuff cause i get ***** by falcos... then im like wow **** he's getting ***** too..... then it's like you just ate a senzu bean or some **** with the craziest ****ing come back ever.... you counter-***** with ****... AWESOME man.

AS Money

Smash Lord
anther when falco is ever off the edge and in an up b always hit him out of it he has a 90% chance of dieing espesaly with the tail spike

and more nair downsmashes at low % on falco or anyone

and less playing like the level 9 i teamed with

and more beating falco

N64

Smash Champion
Totally hijacking anther's thread to say i have a few vids up now:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124086

some hot pika and young link action from me. Also a decent show of how to play DKs with pika (because I know you all see that matchup so often).

And to keep it on topic:
nice matches vs. the doc. Lookin smooth.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Holy cow, how did you knock someone off the ledge with quick attack? Usually when I'm barely able to make the ledge it doesnt hurt them (I think I saw you do it around 50 seconds in your first video).

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
hey anther do you know how to consistently do the superwavedash with pika out of the up b and if so how. ive done this many times on accident and don't know how. i've seen you do it in a vid vs link.

Top Bottom