• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I want to learn Melee.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Well Im gonna practice SHFFL's till i can do them consecutivly, and wavedash into X aswell. But I feel like its laggy on my wii, but it could be my melee noobness hitting the buttons wrong. After I learn some tech skills Ill look to play outside =)

I can do some techy stuff for MvC2 and sf3:3s But im not sure how I will hold on the Joystick to controller conversion =/

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
lmao, I have a convertor to play on with my Joystick on gamecube. but I dont know how the button mapping would be. And I dont know if that would be considered a *Modded* controller. lmao

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I want to learn MvC2

not that I'd ever compete or anything, but knowing how to play effectively would be cool

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Come to S.Florida. I can teach you some stuff. I mean I dont play competetivly (Just got my foot in and stepped back out) So competetiv players own me. But That game is still the funnest game EVER lol. (and most broken)

I can do MOST tech things in that game. Just not perfect so I mess uo ALOT lol.

So no one knows if input in melee lags when played ojn a Wii?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Junior, the biggest thing is to not play on an LCD tv for melee, that's the only major issue. since timing is altered by a huge amount. game consoles shouldn't make a difference at all, so you can play on the wii

those X-arcade sticks are extremely terrible though and most opt to build their own.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I built my own stick. using a PSX Dual Shock PCB =)

Hmm Gotta try it on my smaller television then because It seemed to have input lag. it wasnt a LCD I tried it on but it was a Big a$s tv lol

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Melee does not lag if played on a Wii, it is exactly the same as when played on the Gamecube. If you have some form of HDTV connected, there is a more likely than not chance that the TV will have some lag.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Junior lets melee moneymatch at the next PnT tourney, its fun im just as bad as you as melee, probably worse.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
still, big lcd (or plasma) tv's will lag, it has to be tube (or flatscreen tube) tv's

the first and most important thing is l-cancel
****, I was gonna set up a GC for casuals at the next PnT tourny, but all they have are lcd's =*(.

Fvck it. Afro Ill set up melee and we will play laggy melee MM's lol

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Most of the time they turn off the LCD feature and eliminate the lag. However, they forgot or didn't do this at the brawl tournament, so the TVs in the back room lagged (maybe more did).

Yes theoretically Melee should play the same on GC as Wii, but I'm not sure it does. There might be a frame or two of lag on the Wii. It's just an unconfirmed suspicion of mine.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time they turn off the LCD feature and eliminate the lag. However, they forgot or didn't do this at the brawl tournament, so the TVs in the back room lagged (maybe more did).

Yes theoretically Melee should play the same on GC as Wii, but I'm not sure it does. There might be a frame or two of lag on the Wii. It's just an unconfirmed suspicion of mine.
How and where do you turn this configuration off? the wii or the tv?

Force

Smash Apprentice
i played melee for like an hour the other day and when i went back to brawl i started remembering to walltech n techroll more. ^.^ i think finally deciding to pick up melee again and doing L-cancels reminded my brain.

Top Bottom