• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i want to know how many people are actually playing claw?

dawn001

Smash Ace
so anyways i decided to make this thread because i actually want to know how many people play claw/Keyboard or switch to it? i want feedback on the players who are playing any kind of a claw methods and to tell me if its a huge different on there gameplay and on there character of choice... i know there's been a few threads about it but im not going to search for it... ive personally switched to the claw method almost 2 years ago and i gotta say it that i feel that i play way better than before..better control, less hesitation in making decisions/moves... and also i feel no pressure on my thumb....but the claw that i play is more like the keyboard style...

so can anyone tell me there experience in the claw method styles??? thank u.

:phone:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I play a claw style. But I mainly use Ganon. I just never liked having to hop around my controller to jump, press A, or B. I would rather be ontop of my options at any point so I can react faster and cleaner. Basically I wanted to play the game as slow as possible so I don't need to make clumsy and awkward movements to get into the right position to react.

dawn001

Smash Ace
I play a claw style. But I mainly use Ganon. I just never liked having to hop around my controller to jump, press A, or B. I would rather be ontop of my options at any point so I can react faster and cleaner. Basically I wanted to play the game as slow as possible so I don't need to make clumsy and awkward movements to get into the right position to react.
i know exactly what u mean... as soon as i switch to the claw method and practice on it, i felt like i had way better control. infact i have a theory on this method. my theory from playing claw was that your more than to make less mistakes in decisions with moves and positioning for openings... i also feel that the claw will be the future of smash. people dont see it now but soon they will...if its all about speed in this game with moves and decisions .. well claw is the way to go...people may have 95% better control in there characters. well thats what i think.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
I play normal except for jump cancelled upsmash. Even then I just sort of shift a bit I don't go full claw.

dawn001

Smash Ace
but im not gonna lie playing claw was hard as **** to learn.. i mean i basically learn everything on my own... one of the hardest things to learn was the fast grab.. god was that hard as hell..other than that the rest is easy.. the shine out of shield for fox and falco are easier to pull out.. even marths dolphin slash out of shiled works well with no problem...infact thats the reason why i picked up marth...marth will make a comback. lol

D

Deleted member

i do it but only sometimes. i think it's just one of those things that you pick up over time as you need it.

Superspright

Smash Lord
It's only as useful as you can use it. My R-button suffers from my claw style. I don't use it that well and I want to start using C-stick+R to wavedash OoS.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i play claw with only fox

middle finger Y/A
ring finger Z
index finger c stick
thumb- only for usmash out of shield/shine/dash

i only use A for tilts and smashes, nair and uair. i also exclusively use L

Mahone

Smash Champion
I claw and i can do many useful things that others struggle with, its definitely worth learning if ur new

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
I claw. It lets you keep your fingers on all the major buttons at the same time. Really useful. Like Mahone says.

Sometimes I do a modified claw where my ring finger is on the R button. Usually I switch, during battle, between my Pinky and my Ring finger on the R button.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't myself, but I would actually recommend more players who want to get good learn to play stick style (like Javi), simply because it gives you one finger for every non-macro input the game has.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I only claw Ylinks bmb pull regrab (on ledge)
I also double shine with control stick, and then I claw the triple shine with Y

gravy

Smash Ace
Yah, I claw as well, I'm actually seriously considering clawing with my left hand as well, like Colbol does, but I would say that the claw has given me a definite advantage in terms of getting my tech skill much better much faster than people normally do. I literally don't have to move a finger for any reason at any point.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i switch to claw sometimes for double jump arieals.
follow my advice, i am the mighty mike swaggar.
im having an amazing smashfest at my house atm. i am drinking mjöd and rum like a true powerful viking. true pros such as android, mazor, armada and tippertora are here.

Top Bottom