• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I think an ex is threatening me.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Seriously, Meno, I've said this, Slickback is saying this, you need to call the police, because they do take threats seriously, unless somehow the area you live has nothing but crooked cops who simply don't give two flying ****s. Also, don't underestimate a restraining order. Yes, it's a piece of paper, but that piece of paper can send the ******* to prison if he tries to contact you or go near where you are. You say he's threatening you and you imply how much you hate it; if you wish for him to stop, you're going to have to want it, and sitting on your *** and complaining about it on a forum will not get anything done. You have to get up, make moves, and do things yourself, if you haven't already started. If you don't, he's just going to harass you even further or worse.

:phone:
While we're all being *******s in this, I'd just like to take this time to say I've always found it annoying when you change the color of peoples' names to match their usergroup's color. The pink also hurts my eyes.

But on a serious note, I'm not sure why you haven't contacted the po-po yet.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
While we're all being *******s, I'd just like to take this time to say I've always found it annoying when you change the color of peoples' names to match their usergroup's color. The pink also hurts my eyes.
I've been doing this for well over a year and a half now. While I feel sympathetic for you, I will not stop changing colors for usernames and usergroups anytime soon or ever. :p

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My name is ****** pink.

I feel like that's all I need to say when complaining about how dumb this site is.

I'm not sure what to say in regards to how dumb this blog is getting though!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My name is ****** pink.

I feel like that's all I need to say when complaining about how dumb this site.
But your name is magenta, not pink. Pink names belong to Debaters... but I'm just needlessly nitpicking for no real reason except for the fact that I can, I suppose?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's funny because police can't really do anything if someone is actually escalating to violence.

Okay so at best with current stuff you get an RO. Then what? If he's a violent psycho and comes to attacl you what's an RO gonna do? Oh he broke it, great, and then he did something ****ed up, by which time it's all too late!

Still if you really want to you can call the police, I mean it doesn't hurt to have official records and stuff, but get the goddamn pepper spray and if it's legal a taser too.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You say he's threatening you and you imply how much you hate it; if you wish for him to stop, you're going to have to want it, and sitting on your *** and complaining about it on a forum will not get anything done. You have to get up, make moves, and do things yourself, if you haven't already started.
...is a three page thread really too long to follow along with.

I've already confronted him and told him if he has any problem with me, he can contact me directly. I haven't been bothered so far.

Also, for everyone screaming CALL THE COPS... I'm actively trying NOT to involve the police. Is it really considered such a dumb thing nowadays to try to solve your own problems? There aren't steps you can think of BEFORE bringing in the government?

It's funny because police can't really do anything if someone is actually escalating to violence.

Okay so at best with current stuff you get an RO. Then what? If he's a violent psycho and comes to attacl you what's an RO gonna do? Oh he broke it, great, and then he did something ****ed up, by which time it's all too late!

Still if you really want to you can call the police, I mean it doesn't hurt to have official records and stuff, but get the goddamn pepper spray and if it's legal a taser too.
Honestly, I would have faith in a RO. "Approach me and you go to jail" sounds like a fairly potent deterrent.

I don't feel unsafe anymore. I've been respectful as I possibly could be toward this person, and if he so wishes to break it unannounced, he'll be digging his own grave. Unless he brings lethal weapons - but I don't think it would escalate to that. He's not THAT crazy...

I think.

Wow maybe you should drink some water.

I don't know if you bothered to really read, but all I have to present as evidence is a name and completely vague anonymous messages. Maybe they have an Internet Trolling department in your state's PD, but as far as I'm aware, this is laughable to bring to authorities. I might as well call his mom.

At least at the moment. If I get any kind of explicit threat obviously I contact the police, but at this point it's ridiculous. Why do you feel the need to be an *** and redundant?
ok lol.

Meno said:
Is it really considered such a dumb thing nowadays to try to solve your own problems? There aren't steps you can think of BEFORE bringing in the government?
Meno said:
Honestly, I would have faith in a RO. "Approach me and you go to jail" sounds like a fairly potent deterrent.
???

idk

Top Bottom