• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I RESTED TEH SONIC/post ur epic rests

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
ANOTHER RANDOM WOODMAN TOPIC THAT WILL MAKE U POST SUMTHING NASTY :)

the other day i rested sonic out of his side b from a vertical angle

my favorite rest was probably a chain rest in this team battle in which my partner rested a snake at like 20 and then i chained the rest instantly for a ko (i was high in the air)

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
My best rest? I was facing an MK and it wasn't looking too good. We were on BF and he had a big damage lead with both of us on our last stock. I knew the only way to win would be to use rest. So I carefully got him to rest percents. From there I looked for for and played the defensive. He jumped on to a platform a used dsmash. I jumped up and used rest. and it hit. It was awesome. I punished an Mk's dsmash o.0 Oh, and he did die.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
One time I was against a Marth on battlefield. We each had one stock and were trying to just land a smash attack or a strong move to end the game. It was a long match and neither of us seemed to want to get hit at all. I almost had my sheild broken by his sheild breaker. (not a very fun way to die as jiggs) Once our damage was around 140% I finaly landed a b-air from the right end of the stage sending him to the left. He DI'ed himself to recovery as I hopped to the other end to meet him. He did one dancing blade..... I jump...... second..... I reach my peak..... Dolphin Slash.... I DI diaganaly toward him and air dodge. His attack is evaded by the dodge, (this is about even with the side of the stage by now) and the moment the attack ends, I am overplapping him. Rest.... he hits just under the stage's ledge into a narrow stage spike.

THE END

This was in september I think with a BDA clan member. (or an RBS or BN or $B)

Kablammers

Smash Rookie
Just randomly trying to Pound, N-air and B-air until Wolf somehow died. I u-smashed him (obviously not much of an effect). He tried to Fire Wolf down but I jumped. This time he tried to Fire Wolf upwards, but I fast-falled and got to the floor. Kinda stupidly he just fell helpless and I short-hopped Rested him.

I wonder if I'll ever pull off that one again.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
My favorite rests come from randomly placed sings>rests. I find it amusing when they get caught by sing :] cause then they're screwed.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
resting mk is hard good job
Actually, MK is one of the easier characters to rest because he has some of the best setups.

lol da.mn right[/

Stop getting around censors or I will report you.

Just randomly trying to Pound, N-air and B-air until Wolf somehow died. I u-smashed him (obviously not much of an effect). He tried to Fire Wolf down but I jumped. This time he tried to Fire Wolf upwards, but I fast-falled and got to the floor. Kinda stupidly he just fell helpless and I short-hopped Rested him.

I wonder if I'll ever pull off that one again.
Nice, good job.

My luckiest rest was when my controller was broken and I had just died, and I came out and by accident rested out of the "platform" cloud you are in. The opponent had chosen to jump just then and so I overlapped him and killed him.

My best was resting a toon Link out of his F-smash and B-up. So pimp.

PND

Smash Champion
Resting a Game and Watch out of his Dair. From below him. That's def going in my combo vid.

But I have a favorite rest. it should be uploaded shortly so I can post it.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Resting a Game and Watch out of his Dair. From below him. That's def going in my combo vid.

Nice. Thats pretty epic.

And we are now tied with the Bowser boards for threads and as a reminder, I will be posting the 10k thread. No one post one for I am working on it to make it amazing. I am also trying to get into the debate hall right now.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i joined some guys game(3 ppl were playing) and suprise suprise it was team batttle 3 against one all mks:/, i ledge camped and at one point i went under the stage and all three mks followed. i got a triple under the stage rest lol, unfortunatly i lost but it wus epic

illinialex24

Smash Hero
i joined some guys game(3 ppl were playing) and suprise suprise it was team batttle 3 against one all mks:/, i ledge camped and at one point i went under the stage and all three mks followed. i got a triple under the stage rest lol, unfortunatly i lost but it wus epic
You overlapped three opponents under the stage? Epic but did they suck lol?

Strawhatz

Smash Rookie
I had a Free For All Rest Only match with my friends that turned into a normal fight because we stocked ourselves at 10 lives and it was taking too long. On my best bro's last life I Rested him but was quickly nair'd by my other hesitant friend who I then jumped and Rested on. Both of them said "That's so bull****, ****." at the same time, adding to the laughs they were getting. Truly a night I wish to re-live.

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice

This, but my timing is horrible, so I dodged, followed by a rest.

Also, did two things: I rested on a Luigi, who's partner happened to be on the other side, touching him, and they both got hit by rest and died.

...Another weird was when I rested someone, but they dodge rolled, yet were sent flying after the rolling animation.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This, but my timing is horrible, so I dodged, followed by a rest.

Also, did two things: I rested on a Luigi, who's partner happened to be on the other side, touching him, and they both got hit by rest and died.

...Another weird was when I rested someone, but they dodge rolled, yet were sent flying after the rolling animation.
Weird. It has only a 3 frame attack so thats messed up. And timing is important.

inditled

Smash Apprentice
lol ont to long ago i was battling a noobish MK that kept runing at me and doing his basic A thing where he swings along and somehow i got through it and rested him

Glick

Smash Lord
When I invented the air dodge into d3's *** to rest thing during his up b was in a tourny. and it was ftw. I was hoping it was going to work.

I've rested mario out of his Dair. in mid air. Rested diddy out of his fsmash. Rested snakes up tilt.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
When I invented the air dodge into d3's *** to rest thing during his up b was in a tourny. and it was ftw. I was hoping it was going to work.

I've rested mario out of his Dair. in mid air. Rested diddy out of his fsmash. Rested snakes up tilt.
One time Glick rested me and my controller blew up in my hands. Dis kid is nasty.

Top Bottom