• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I play Bowser again - have some vids *shrug*

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that whole Dennis thing is scrub mentality at its finest.
Maybe you could enlighten me, because I don't understand what tactical advantage someone gains by standing in one spot for awhile doing literally nothing. That's what really stood out about the Sonic match when I saw it.

Though, after that cheesy disclaimer at the beginning I expected a lot worse.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, Sonic has piss poor priority. It is in Bowser's advantage to have Sonic charge at him with attacks, because Bowser will outprioritize nearly everytime. Bowser can rack up damage this way then hunt for the KO. Sonic, meanwhile, must rack a huge amount of damage to Bowser to get a reliable kill. If Sonic just keeps going head to head vs. Bowser, it's a losing battle for Sonic. Sonic's largest advantage over Bowser is his speed. Seeing as this speed can't be utilized by blindly dashing in and attacking, Sonic has to wait (or "camp') then use the speed to his advantage one he sees an opening.

This match in particular, Dennis waited to attack while Gimpy knowingly threw out jabs and Ftilt, hoping to hit Sonic out of an approach. If Sonic would have dashed in with about any move, jabs and Ftilt would have hit him out of about anything.

Does it make for a super exciting, action packed match? No. But is it good, solid competitive strategy? You bet.

That out of the way, some solid Bowser play from Gimpy. I like the >B cancel jumps for movement, I'm going to have to start using that more, it seems to help him keep momemtum, rather than landing then rejumping. I can't believe how many Bowsercides you hit. Nice!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@ Ferret

I meant scrub mentality as in the fact that everyone brought attention to it and cried about it.

If someone played like that in a tournament in Melee, his video still would have been Gimpy vs Dennis

But since its the new brawl scrub mentality it's

Gimpy vs Dennis the Camper
Bawww

napZzz

Smash Hero
that lucas was soooo bad, to be able to beat that spam with bowser was amazing good job

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
The PK Fire spammer was several times worse than Dennis. God almighty, if someone did that while standing next to me.

So is Gimpy really banned or is that a title or something? Anyway, what controller set up you use? I have a very hard time doing aerials with my current one(nunchuck), and plan on making a switch. I'm curious which is a good one(Classic or Gamecube) / what people good with bowser prefer.
yeah, i was kinda disappointed in recipherus for the fire spam, however, those did not get recorded

Yeah. I've fought and seen people way more campy and lame than Dennis.
he was very bad against certain other people, gimpy just knew how to get around it, i was there, i saw him play a few people where the matches time limit almost ran out (one ended with ~11 seconds left)

P.S. i have a recorded match with gimpyfish using dk. fame please

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh thank you finally gimpys back with Bowser. Now all hope is not lost. =)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If only you'd let me battle you, I could reclaim the spot as an execptional Bowser player. While you are the best Bowser i seen, I want you to be the best Bowser i fought. I guess good things will come in time.
Great job on beating the Lucas, since i dont like Lucas not one bit.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
hi gimpyfish

When I heard you were maining MK, I lost every ounce of respect I had for you. Good you see you're back to Bowzah.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
why would my playing as another character i really like make you lose respect for me

i quite clearly play characters i like, and i dont care how good they are.

i wasn't some "everyone should play low tier you can do it" sort of person

low tiers are low tiers for a reason, they aren't good.

it's limiting to play low tiers.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
The reason I lost all respect for you was because I actually had Bowser as a secondary in Melee because you used him. That, and Gimpyfish-Bowser=not Gimpyfish.

But then again, I guess I'm kind of a hypocrite for saying that, seeing as how I'm ditching CF for Snake due to the huge kneerf.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Why does playing a "Low Tier" character make someone gain respect for someone else? I mean most players play a character because it fits their style of play and/or they just like that character.

Whether the character is "low tier", "High tier", or "top tier" is meaningless to the player playing a character he find fun anyways.

I put "tiers" in quotes like that because I find them lame. Tiers are for queers (imo)

You can play to win with any character.

I myself play to win with my mains (Bowser,Ness and Zelda) and still have fun. :colorful:

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Winning with bowser in meele was kind of a slap in the face. But now he's actually awsome hes got the fast strong tilts i miss from ganondorf in meele.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention he's the ugliest **** in the game. No one wants to see a ginger pensioner lift his leg above his head around kids like Pit.

litlwing

Smash Apprentice
bowser was dumb in melee but people (yourself of course) were able to turn him into a murder train but im sure even you had trouble with a top level fox or falco or marth, but yeah ganon is sad he has style but he just a plain ole barrel of sad

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Yo; if my girlfriend magically finds that post I could be in trouble.

Bwahaha.

I'd best deny that, to avoid future taunting. Pit can die in a fire with R.O.B and Olimar, to be honest.

[Edit: Lmfao Flayl, don't worry about it dude, I was kidding.]

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Not to mention he's the ugliest **** in the game. No one wants to see a ginger pensioner lift his leg above his head around kids like Pit.
Mr. Wario user.

Go to training mode. Select Wario. Select Lucas as the CPU.

Grab.

Do grab attacks.

Also, hi gimpyfish

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Wario is ****ing gorgeous; what the hell are you trying to say? That could land me in even more ****.

I'd try it, but sweaty bikers wrestling with shy little boys ain't really my cup o' tea.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
"sparta kick" is the most overrated move i've ever seen.

it's not even cool to hit with it, it's moderately humerous for the first time you use it, then it's just like 'wow i wish i had a real move to use now'

shockfrost

Smash Apprentice
Lots of hopping aerials, lots of using that air grab, lots of those tilting ground claws, and good use of the firebreath.

Aerial Bowser exists. Nice tech, Gimpy.

The Cash Man 2

Smash Rookie
Awesome fights, I just don't like how he abused the Bowsercide. IMO, it sshould only be a move used when you are truly desperate, or when the match is so one-sided that you feel the need to end it quickly.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Awesome fights, I just don't like how he abused the Bowsercide. IMO, it sshould only be a move used when you are truly desperate, or when the match is so one-sided that you feel the need to end it quickly.
Lots of my games are won because Kooplex is (imo) the best move in the game.

I find that Bowser can be edge guarded pretty easy due to his ****ty height on upB, so lots of times against good players im down a whole stock, but Kooplex cures that for me and grabs me a win.

I never even grab with Bowser because Kooplex is so good.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I missed a lot here.
First off, I myself use Wario as one of my mains, and he isnt that bad.

I dont like whoever was dissing Pit earlier, which provokes me. Pit is just too good, and for those who hate him just dont know how to beat him, and get owned by him is the reason why you all diss him. It is a shame, really.

That reminds me, Pit and Bowser are my top 2 Mains, with Metaknight at 3

Ganon's "Sparta Kick" is overrated like Gimpy said, and it is even worse when one spams it, its just as bad as one spams that Side-b of his, and I know it because i experienced it.

To end this, Pit rules, Bowser Rules, and Gimpy's Boozer is Cute.

Top Bottom