• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need tactics for getting my bananas out against metaknight

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well i've started to have this problem where I can't get my bananas out against that little ball of priority. Any help please? It's the only way I can beat them and they just overwhelm me with speed and it's definitely a problem. It's so hard to do anything against them without bananas. This is like my current slump and I need to solve it before a tourney this saturday...

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
1. D Smash to get yourself some space for pulling 'em.
2. General roll/spotdodge to get around them.
3. Diddy is a quick movement character, you should really have no problem simply mindgaming your opponent into giving you enough space to pull a bannana.
4. NinjaLink does some cool edge pulls in his video's, check them out.
5. Always pull from a dashing jump because a) it ensures you're constantly moving away from the person making you less vulnerable and interruptable and b) MK's air speed sucks.

ADHD

Smash Hero
1. D Smash to get yourself some space for pulling 'em.
2. General roll/spotdodge to get around them.
3. Diddy is a quick movement character, you should really have no problem simply mindgaming your opponent into giving you enough space to pull a bannana.
4. NinjaLink does some cool edge pulls in his video's, check them out.
nl's edge tricks are not a viable way of getting your bananas out, your opponent can just get them easier than you can. Hmm, I need a tactic against the whorenado, this particular meta uses the whorenado whenever I'm naner less a bit. I'll have to check some stuff out. Does the up b > tornado work fairly well?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
never underestimate simply turning around and pressing down b. works especially well verses tornado because the banana hangs in the air so long it makes like a little anti tornado wall right behind you.

I know it is scary just pulling them out when your opponent is coming at you but they are live as soon as they come out and a lot of times just end up hitting your opponent.

Player-1

Smash Legend
1. Uthrow, pull them out
2. Side b grab them, jump instead of attack and pull them out.
3. Run to the edge of the stage and jump, pull 1 out, midair jump, pull another
4. BF, FD, LC, YI wall jump pull 1 out and either side b back to the edge or go back to the edge and fair. Or side b away from the edge, pull a banana out, catch the ledge and fair.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I added a bit to mine.

Haha again Im going to cite NinjaLink, he shows two anti tornado methods, both involving Side B. Diddy's priority kick always cancels if you hit him at the base and under conditions I don't know he can grab him out of it with the Side B. Youtube it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually:

Instant Wall Jump > Smash Banana > Side-B > edge jump Fair nana pick up (or z catch or whatever variation you want).

The nana should land on the stage at roughly the same time you regrab the edge, meaning the window for MK/other characters to pick it up is small, and if they do they are right at the edge and you can hit them with an Fair/instant wall jumped Bair. This is a facet of my game I've been working on pretty hard for the last few days since its pretty technical.

Otherwise, I usually throw up shuffled Bairs then nana pull, or just straight up run away and nana pull.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Actually:

Instant Wall Jump > Smash Banana > Side-B > edge jump Fair nana pick up (or z catch or whatever variation you want).

The nana should land on the stage at roughly the same time you regrab the edge, meaning the window for MK/other characters to pick it up is small, and if they do they are right at the edge and you can hit them with an Fair/instant wall jumped Bair. This is a facet of my game I've been working on pretty hard for the last few days since its pretty technical.

Otherwise, I usually throw up shuffled Bairs then nana pull, or just straight up run away and nana pull.
When you fought inui, you didn't have this problem did you?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not that I recall. There are always moments though when I feel frustrated for not getting nanas out, but I think in general I succeed more than I fail?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like to get nana's out by hitting down B on my controller.

IDK

Smash Lord
i pull them out right away at the start of a match, unless they have a projectile that will beat my pull out. in that case, i just fight them until i get the opportunity. after a throw... etc... if it's someone who will get to me before i pull it out, (obviously i am turned around, away from the stage), i pull it out, and SH bair. someone like sonic. that's really all there is to it.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I like to get nana's out by hitting down B on my controller.
yes, now go play a metaknight that aggressively won't get off your tail and get back to us, either that or you have tons of wisdom of fighting top notch metaknights with your diddy kong bc im sure you have vivid stories to tell me

Luigi player

Smash Master
Grab your opponent and throw him away to get you some time. Or if he spaces try to pull them out before he get's to you.

Or bait an attack and then pull them out... it's also saver to jump and then downB.

It's true that you don't have have the time sometimes, but it's not really a problem..

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
yes, now go play a metaknight that aggressively won't get off your tail and get back to us, either that or you have tons of wisdom of fighting top notch metaknights with your diddy kong bc im sure you have vivid stories to tell me
I think you're over exaggerating, if you use all that is mentioned in this topic you should have absoloutely no problem. Hell, all you really need is knock away and pull or running jump away and pull.

Top Bottom