• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some tips for tomorrows tournament

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Heh, I killed a G&W player at like 30% the other day with stone when he tried to UpB chase me off the top on FD... but that's off topic. Still, it was cool.
Speaking of which, I think I have a replay I was playing a G&W in and I fthrow>uaired>fsmashed him and then he did something (it was a while ago) that set me up for a 0-death with stone.

Game & Pikachu

Smash Rookie
If you want a uick way to raise enemies percentage, go on pictochat and go as far to the RIGHT as you can with out falling off. (make sure you are on the message boxy bit) Then use Down-B and you'll start to cause an "Earthquake" (It's really about 10 multiple stone drops at once).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
If you want a uick way to raise enemies percentage, go on pictochat and go as far to the RIGHT as you can with out falling off. (make sure you are on the message boxy bit) Then use Down-B and you'll start to cause an "Earthquake" (It's really about 10 multiple stone drops at once).
Uh...*makes sure he doesn't say "******" in his post so he doesn't get ANOTHER infraction for flaming*

This is extremely well known. It also works (sometimes) on the king of red lions, the rightmost platform on brinstar when the tentacle's broken, and a dozen other places.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Uh...*makes sure he doesn't say "******" in his post so he doesn't get ANOTHER infraction for flaming*

This is extremely well known. It also works (sometimes) on the king of red lions, the rightmost platform on brinstar when the tentacle's broken, and a dozen other places.
Actually, it turns out other characters can do this as well (I know Yoshi can with his Down B. Not sure who else.).

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Same places as Kirby (At least on Pictochat. I haven't tried other stages), he just needs to keep hitting DownB rather than letting it do it by itself.
It's better because you can just stop at any moment without that much punishing lag.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
This is just...what's the word? It's like...like...

Okay, it's a combination of ******** and extremely awesome.
******** and extremely awesome... I could think of a few, but not right now.

Quick question:

If the guy that went to the tourney isn't posting or isn't responding to anything, why are we still talking here?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why not?

To be fair though, Yoshi's does a lot less damage, as the stars are what hit and those do like 4% or so....

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Why not?

To be fair though, Yoshi's does a lot less damage, as the stars are what hit and those do like 4% or so....
Yeah, they do less damage, but it's a disjointed hit box. Plus, it's more mind game. When people try to get by the stars and attack you from above, punish.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Is the "Earthquake" really useful at all? Brinstar can't do much with it, the King of Red Lions would be incredibly situational, and Pictochat is incredibly uncommon, and even there the only use I see is edgeguarding aside from the speed-of-light damage racking. I personally, I found stone more useful as a juggle punish or as a pseudo counter at stage edges.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
F-tilt and grenades just dominate kirby to no end.
You should absolutely never get hit by Snake's F-tilt, and you should always be able to punish a F-tilt by spot dodging the second hit and down or forward tilting.

Grenades you can steal or jump over but they put you in a bad spot.

T-nuts

Smash Ace
i approach with drill. but rarely, and never head on. if im above someone and i want to use drill as an approach, i either

A) feint a fastfall, then use a double jump just before i get in attack range, then if they did an attack i can punish, i follow with drill

B) fastfall my drill and aim it one roll dodge distance to the left or right of my opponent. if they rolldodge, you get a free hit/string starter and if they dont rolldodge, you land far enough away to almost always be safe (unless its like samus and she shoots you with a charge shot...keep moves like that in mind)

also if your opponent is hanging on the edge and they have a tendency to get back on the stage by using a jump followed by an immediate airdodge, short hop dair ***** that because of its startup lag and duration (but i guess thats not really an approach, lol)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well yeah, you should NEVER be hit by Snake's Ftilt, because you should already have broken both his legs with your hammer!

Seriously though... what?!

Also, yes Pink, he does slide. I have no idea why he's able to do this in certain places (I've found at least two in pictochat, and haven't tried anywhere else due to not having a Wii atm), but he can.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Nevar approach with Drill Imo.
Keep to your Bairs and you will win! =D
Drill crosses up well and is a good duration attack to float on a weak shield, or to punish dodges. You shouldn't approach with it in the sense that you shouldn't jump in with clearly unsafe moves expecting them to work, of course, but when its appropriate it is often the best move for the situation, as in, does the most damage and has the best followups.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Also, yes Pink, he does slide. I have no idea why he's able to do this in certain places (I've found at least two in pictochat, and haven't tried anywhere else due to not having a Wii atm), but he can.
Lol thanks for answering ^^
I wonder if he can do it on brinstar, like kirby can. I'll test it a little later on.

Nevar approach with Drill Imo.
Keep to your Bairs and you will win! =D
I sometimes approach with a SH'd drill when my opponents percentage is high. If you're lucky, the drill can trip them and you can follow up ever so nicely with a fresh Fsmash. Even if it doesn't trip them, if you placed it right, you can still follow up with the Fsmash, and it will usually hit.

Top Bottom