• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need serious help.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
Not a problem with the disc. But I can't seem to win. I play against the worst players ever, and what do I get? Last place. I've been playing for a month, I should be better...and the tactics over here are not helping. I really want to find a good training tactic, maybe someone who I can fight against that is about my level of playing?

I am number 6 on the Play-a-ble scale. It goes up to 10. 1-10 and I think I'm 6. Yes, I'm that bad.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
1 month is not too long a time. It takes lots of practice to be good
When you say, worst players ever, who is that? your friends? most people have played Brawl before and for a lot longer than you so they have more experience.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Play smashboards people
Practice with 1 character for now
Play more people with experience.

It may not be they are wack, it may be you are.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice
Well, on "With Anyone" mode...ugh. There is mostly bad players, I've seen some really good players on there too, but there's too many cheap Snake players. I just got wifi, so maybe I'll practice more...

JUDGE

Smash Lord
it needs time to get better
just play as often as you can against new human players and you'll get better
you will get better with time, trust me

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Lol, I saw this thread and then checked out some other thread and you posted THIS:
I play with Wii Mote sideways.
You need a either a:
Gamecube controler (best) OR
Classic Controler (gamecube 9000 times better).
And what char you main you could ask for advice or such in the appropriate char board.
And don't do "With Anyone", instead use THIS
Edit: And don't use Lucario. Trash.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Gamecube controler (best) OR
Classic Controler (gamecube 9000 times better).
And what char you main you could ask for advice or such in the appropriate char board.
And don't do "With Anyone", instead use THIS
Edit: And don't use Lucario. Trash.
What this man says.

Also, get used to a more competitive mindset. I would recommend these threads to get started in the competitive sense.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226635
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230479

After that, you could start playing a character that you like (or a few, if you roll like that) a lot, and later check out the character specific forums for help and guides to your respective character. Check out character Q&As for specific questions.

Good luck man.

dcubed

Smash Rookie
Through my own experience, I find that the best way to get good, is to understand the game well. I used to feel similar when I lost to my friend who is a pretty good brawl player, and one day I realized it is because he understood the moves so well. And that does take time. To understand hit/hurt boxes, priority, ATs, and I recommend playing a lot of random. That has helped me to understand character moves.

0^2

Smash Cadet
You need a combination of practice, knowledge, and experience. Eventually, you won't be last place anymore. Work hard and someone else will fall behind.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Why is everyone downing the wiimote nunchuck? I use it and I'm on a relatively good skill level...

Top Bottom