• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need People to Count Frames

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Is there someone who's an expert with these Frame Rate thingymajig thing, I need you to help count frames on Ike... Though, I'm more looking to these one specifically...

Ike's Foxtrot:
- Frames on one entire Foxtrot
- Frames which A button will activates Ike's Dash Attack
- Frame which allows A button to activates Ike's Neutral A Jabs
- Frame which allows crounching to activate

- Frames on Ike's Crouching animation
- Frames allowing Neutral A to cancel Ike's Crouching animation

If I'm right, crouching should be faster than the ability to actually hit A button to do Neutral A Jabs... If so, then Foxtrot Crouch Cancel into Jab should be faster than Foxtrot Wait into Jab...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Inputting down to start a jab string is indeed faster out of a trot than waiting for the neutral animation to come back. That said I'm not doing the capture data for it. Interesting to note that hitting a trot then tilting the opposite direction and jabbing is actually as fast as crouching out of a trot.

noobslayer

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't see much potential in Ike's fox-trot. It looks funny, but that's largely the extent of it. I don't have frame data to back this up, but it feels like you have to wait quite a bit to get a Jab out of it.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Sheesh, laptop broke... Got a new one now, so I'm reviving the thread I'm starting...

noobslayer said:
I personally don't see much potential in Ike's fox-trot. It looks funny, but that's largely the extent of it. I don't have frame data to back this up, but it feels like you have to wait quite a bit to get a Jab out of it.
Well, if the like I said about crouch canceling partial foxtrot is true, the extent of the foxtrot will be better used... Just so you have a decent picture, let instead forget about the jab and input the Forward Smash instead... Foxtrot Crouch Canceling into a Forward Smash uses less frames than Foxtrot into Forward Smash... Its not a big gap, but still should be noted since what's faster is faster...

As the use of foxtrotting in actual gameplay, its more of a replacement of dashdancing we have in Melee... Though slower, you'll have more pivoting power and an extra forward/backward option...

ptown

Smash Ace
fox trot: that's a funny name.

try holding the a button on one controller counting the number of jabs to see how fast things are.

Top Bottom