• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need help with wolf...

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
:dizzy: **** my kirby sucks when i get matched up with wolf iv read the thread about wolf...whats the most effective way to beat him?!?!

i know wolf has a bad recovery and all you have to do is Dair untill he dies...

any others??

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
Well I recommend to try playing the ledge. Tr to make him to play the ledge and beat him in the air.

If he camps approach with Bair or a dash and try to do gonzo combo off a ledge and then instead of fair try to go dair and spike him.

edit: Crouch when he shoots laser. You can avoid the lasers b just crouching. This will help a lot. It forces him to attack and not camp.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
fthrow->uair owns him (if he has time to use his Reflector after the upair, you can shield it and regrab him for another fthrow->uair

at low percents, dthrow->uptilt or just uptilt juggling own him. Also, he's pretty easy to dthrow, chase, dthrow, repeat.

Take his power if you can, and use it wisely.

Watch out for his smashes, you should always be aware of when you're in fsmash range and you should probably jump to avoid it. You beat him in the air for the most part, just watch out for his Bair, it comes out fast, and I heard that his Nair has high priority. His Fair and Uair are pretty good KO moves, so be careful when you're at higher percents. Watch out for his Dair spike when you're offstage.

You can't really gimp his Side B, unless MAYBE you Stone him out of it. It can spike you, so be careful. His Up B has some starting lag, so if you put him in a position where he has to use it, you can gimp him pretty easily.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Whenever he gets offstage, keep on bairing him and then grab the ledge, or add a dair or two. He'll most likely be too low to use his side-b, and even if he knocks you off the ledge (which he shouldn't if you use your invincibility right), we know how small that edge sweetspot on his up-b is.

On the ground, I'm pretty sure he falls about as fast as fox (I rarely play wolfs, so I'm not sure), so you can basically utilt->repeat 5 times->bair->bair for mini-gonzo-ish-pwnage. Um... someone with more wolf experience should probably confirm what I said about the utilts and expand on what I said.

Vermy

Smash Champion
imo stealing his blaster works well if you throw it in there once he comes in for an approach. Fthrow>Uair>fthrow>hammer works really well on wolf and if used early on may intimidate into them playing a less agressive game.
Off stage, (as aforementioned) bair and dair makes short work of wolf's recovery.
And grab. A lot.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Kirby can ledgeguard Wolf pretty well, and with his suckish recovery, Wolf will most likely not be able to come back. Grabs work especially well on Wolf, mainly F-Throw and D-Throw since they can setup combos with him easily.

Top Bottom