• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need games similar to Gradius

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Anyone know any out there? I'm aware of Ikaruga and I really want to play it sometime soon. Just beat Gradius III and I'm in the mood for more.

List:

R-Type
Thunder Force
Zero Wing
Touhou
Darius Series
Parodius
Nanostray
Sol-deace

Thanks guys.

vZakat

Half Genie
The thunder force series is pretty good and I liked sol-deace. Zero wing and it's infamous quote is ok as well. As far as shmups go I've been playing Touhou a lot. Any danmaku game should give you a challenge. That's just off the top of my head.

Edit- I just remembered the darius series. That's pretty good.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
A friend of mine suggests Nanostray.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Even tho you mentioned Gradius III(I <3 you btw) try out IV and V for ps2. GApeach will tell you. He's all about some gradius =D

also love Touhou. Danmaku shoot em ups are REDIX!

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
**** I JUST REMEMBERED OF THAT G **** KNOWN AS ATOMIC RUNNER FOR THE SEGA GENESIS.

Gonna play that first.

Thanks for the extra info MikeG and 8-Bit, just looked at videos of Gunstar Heroes and it looks promising.

Atomic Runner it'll be first since I recall my younger days almost beating that game.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So what the **** are you looking for?

Ship Shmups? Nobody's mentioned Raiden
Danmaku Shmups? Nobody's mentioned Castle of Shikigami 3 (or any fanmade one you can download)
Generic Shmups? NOBODY'S ****ING MENTIONED METAL SLUG. :|

This topic is confusing me.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Even tho you mentioned Gradius III(I <3 you btw) try out IV and V for ps2. GApeach will tell you. He's all about some gradius =D

also love Touhou. Danmaku shoot em ups are REDIX!
hell yeah, i love gradius. the Shikigame games are fun, as are any bullet curtain games.

Top Bottom