• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need a long, hard single player to satisfy me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

red stone

Smash Ace
the previous single player modes were short and lacking for me. i hope the single player in brawl will be harder and lengthier and i hope it peaks my interest with its story. overall, i hope it satiates my needs and is a blast in the face to play.

i sure hope the story goes deep and is extremely gratifying.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
you need a long hard single player to satisfy you? sorry but i'm currently in a relationship :p

edit: haha i just actually read ur whole topic XD

you do win the internet XD

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
LOLLLLLLLL at the thread title.

I think brawl might have a longer 1p mode since it involves story and all that lame crap that I dont care about, but harder?

We're talking about cpu AI here. Unless you give the computer handicaps (such as teaming up gigabowser, mewtwo and ganondorf for event 51) then even the noobiest of gamers can take them down.

And no, there isnt going to be some magic new computer AI for brawl that makes them able to compete in the game of smash with humans, but maybe, just maybe they wont have the same repetitive dumb patterns that they did in melee and will learn how to recover.

So theyll have to change the game completly or give the computers some big handicaps to provide a challenging single player experience for veteren smashers.

Which, by the way, they won't do. Why?

Sakurai loving noobs said:
It was difficult to aim in the previous game, but this time it automatically flies to the closest ledge, so it should be pretty simple to use.
sakurai said:
The game will be compatible with a variety of controllers, so I've gone a tad easier on the button pressing.
From the looks of the tone of the updates, Brawl is following the wii-tastic philosophy, Easier games attract a larger audience.

I think that the single player will be involving, the cutscenes will be beautiful, and the story might just even be amazing, but difficulty is not something I would expect, if you've played melee and smash 64 as much as any of the veterens here, which most of you are.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Longer? Yes. Harder? No. Besides, I don't think many people want SSBB to be on Ninja Gaiden difficulty that was on the Xbox.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Longer? Yes. Harder? No. Besides, I don't think many people want SSBB to be on Ninja Gaiden difficulty that was on the Xbox.
lol at that. The NES one is hard, too. 0_o

I would like a good single player mode so I wouldn't have to go through drudgery while trying to unlock characters (like adventure mode. . . . .:urg:). All I have to decide who I want to play as. So many Nintendo characters I like. Can't decide. :dizzy:

Darkurai

Smash Master
I myself need something more open that you really need to push yourself to get through.

Yawgmoth

Smash Cadet
the previous single player modes were short and lacking for me. i hope the single player in brawl will be harder and lengthier and i hope it peaks my interest with its story. overall, i hope it satiates my needs and is a blast in the face to play.
you bring up a good point, however i find it most enjoyable when more people are playing with me, so i would prefer if they focused more on that aspect

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Don't worry, long and hard things satiate; they're sure a blast in the face.
BTW, would you like to come to a party? I want to have some fun....Wait, you're a girl right? No? Yes? NO!!???? *runs away* Too obvious.

Not a harder mode, please. I hated the other one. I always got beaten up by the Yoshis in normal mode. *But I beat Giga Bowser and everything else, so I dounno*

*looks at title* And I need a good blow on my analog stick.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
that's a nice pu$$y (cat)

no but seriously that kitten is really cute.

PS. this thread is gonna get locked

Yes, because people can't leave a hilarious joke alone and have to keep proving that they too can make clever use of sexual innuendo, often going to far in the process (see above).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You can say what you will about juvenile humor, but if you're too uptight to laugh at p0n0s jokes then perhaps you need to take a long, hard look at your unfulfilling single player experience.

Oh man, this thread made me blow milk out my nose and I'm 21.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
This is a great thread.
Haha.
A long single player mode will be nice, but remember, the meaning of Smash Bros is to have:

A hard-core mode that up to four can play.
;]

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
the previous ****s were short and lacking for me. i hope the ****s in brawl will be harder and lengthier and i hope it peaks my interest with my partner. overall, i hope it satiates my needs and can blast me in the face .

i sure hope the ****s goes deep and is extremely gratifying.

sorry had to do it. i apologize.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
It's good to know we have mature posters here. -_-

(I lol'd).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom