• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Made Some Color Palettes For Mewtwo In Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS (Updated with 3DS Colors)

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
As the title states, I made some color palettes for Mewtwo based off of the model in the 50 Fact Extravaganza. The first 4 colors, (original, yellow/orange, blue, green), are based off of his colors from Melee, while the last 2 colors, (red and grey), are based from Project M. Let me know what you think! =) #MewtwoHype

Here are the 3DS color palettes!

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I want the pink and red one to be an in-game palette. Candy Cane Mewtwo FTW

D

Deleted member

You know what I think would be interesting? A palette based on the colors from the poster/VHS and DVD cover of the First Movie.

The blue hue with the magenta tail.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I really like the Shadow Lugia style Mewtwo. Now I'm gonna be disappointed when it's not an alt.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Nicely done! I was very pleased with what they did with the Pokémon colors/hats this time around, with perhaps the exception of Lucario, in that Lucario's color selection was a bit bland again. Hopefully the official Mewtwo colors look similar to the ones you did. I like the look of them.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
My favorite is the old school Mewtwo; if we get a slightly different shade for Lucario, then I'm really hoping we get a white and purple Mewtwo skin.

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
My favorite is the old school Mewtwo; if we get a slightly different shade for Lucario, then I'm really hoping we get a white and purple Mewtwo skin.
I'm actually planning on updating this with 2 new colors =) The 2 I've decided is classic Mewtwo and Dark Lugia colored Mewtwo (because it looks epic XD). I'll get started on making them now lol

Mechageo

Smash Ace
But in the Honest Trailers Trailer for Smash Bros, it listed Lucario as a member of "Attack of the Clones", which means he is a part of the clone character group, along with like Lucas and Young Link.
Hardly an official source.

Also, how is he a clone of anyone? Shadow ball and...?
Why aren't people screaming clone for 1/1/1/1 Wii Gunner?

[url=http://postimg.org/image/skn3j6bc9/][/URL]

Of... Samus!?

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
OK, maybe it was just a mistake or a mock of Lucario.

But, I think we all are happy that Mew2 is returning.

But the announcer thinks he's new to Smash. He probably doesn't play that old of games like Melee.

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
I managed to make classic Mewtwo fairly easily, but I can't seem to make Shadow Mewtwo. I just can't make him dark for some reason. Let me know if you all want me to post classic Mewtwo

Spirst

No, Mewtwo is not a clone of Lucario at all. Their only real similarity is floatiness/having a B move that charges a ball (shadow ball and aura sphere). Other than that, they're quite different.

Wrong thread to discuss this too.

Last edited:

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
Here's my take on classic Mewtwo. One of the images in this thread had classic Mewtwo in it, but he was a bit too blue. Hopefully this could be a more accurate representation of classic Mewtwo. Let me know what you think! =)

Last edited:

Spirst

Here's my take on classic Mewtwo. One of the images in this thread had classic Mewtwo in it, but he was a bit too blue. Hopefully this could be a more accurate representation of classic Mewtwo. Let me know what you think! =)
I like this one a lot actually and would probably use it the most. The colors are just right and complement each other nicely.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Mmm, that looks great! I'm really hoping we get a coloration like this once Mewtwo is released.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I like this a lot.

Ndukauba

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ndukauba
3DS FC
4656-8073-6666
I'm really trying to make a Shadow Mewtwo, but I just can't seem to do it. If any of you guys know how to make Mewtwo's skin as dark as the Shadow Mewtwo picture in this thread, please let me know. I'm trying to do it in photoshop, and I just can't seem to do it.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I really like the more overtly purple Mewtwo, especially because the faint blue hue to his skin reminds me of his Movie 1 interpretation.

Anyway, I found this:

Also, here's a list of Palettes I would most like to see:

1. Purple, the base Mewtwo
2. Blue, a possibly unintentional reference to the first Pokemon movie in which Mewtwo had a skin tone that was much bluer than other designs, and a hold-over from melee that is used for team battles
3. Green, a light shade of green that references Mewtwo's shiny palette in the Pokemon games, and a hold-over from Melee that is used for team battles
4. Red, used for team battles
5. Pink, Mewtwo is uniformly a light pink, with little difference between his skin and his tail, a reference to Mewtwo's adorable progenitor Mew
6. Dark Purple, an inverted palette in which Mewtwo's skin is a dark purple and his tail is light gray, a reference to the Shadow Pokemon found in Pokemon Colosseum and Shadow Lugia's color scheme in particular
7. Dark Red, a palette in which Mewtwo's chestplate is off-black, with the rest of his skin being dark gray and his tail being a dark red, serving as a reference to Zoroark's color scheme
8. Dark Blue, Mewtwo's skin is a deep blue and his tail is a hot pink, with a tan trim for his chestplate, fingers, secondary neck, and sides of his horns, serving as a none-too-subtle reference to the Greninja-Mewtwo confusion that happened in the split seconds before Graninja's official reveal
9. Orange, Mewtwo's skin is a safety orange with a blue tail, a reference to Deoxys
10. Yellow, Mewtwo's tail and chestplate are a chocolate brown with honeybee-yellow skin, a reference to the Abra evolutionary line

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
I really like the more overtly purple Mewtwo, especially because the faint blue hue to his skin reminds me of his Movie 1 interpretation.

Anyway, I found this:

Also, here's a list of Palettes I would most like to see:

1. Purple, the base Mewtwo
2. Blue, a possibly unintentional reference to the first Pokemon movie in which Mewtwo had a skin tone that was much bluer than other designs, and a hold-over from melee that is used for team battles
3. Green, a light shade of green that references Mewtwo's shiny palette in the Pokemon games, and a hold-over from Melee that is used for team battles
4. Red, used for team battles
5. Pink, Mewtwo is uniformly a light pink, with little difference between his skin and his tail, a reference to Mewtwo's adorable progenitor Mew
6. Dark Purple, an inverted palette in which Mewtwo's skin is a dark purple and his tail is light gray, a reference to the Shadow Pokemon found in Pokemon Colosseum and Shadow Lugia's color scheme in particular
7. Dark Red, a palette in which Mewtwo's chestplate is off-black, with the rest of his skin being dark gray and his tail being a dark red, serving as a reference to Zoroark's color scheme
8. Dark Blue, Mewtwo's skin is a deep blue and his tail is a hot pink, with a tan trim for his chestplate, fingers, secondary neck, and sides of his horns, serving as a none-too-subtle reference to the Greninja-Mewtwo confusion that happened in the split seconds before Graninja's official reveal
9. Orange, Mewtwo's skin is a safety orange with a blue tail, a reference to Deoxys
10. Yellow, Mewtwo's tail and chestplate are a chocolate brown with honeybee-yellow skin, a reference to the Abra evolutionary line
I would really like from Nintendo a Purple and Green color alt. for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well, lot's of others have green and purple palettes this time around, so I don't see why not.

MewFourtwenty

Top Bottom