• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I like my Sheik (video)

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
really good video. Had nice combos that were creative and also showed some great mindgames. I especially liked the use of the nair, I need to implement that into my game. Great work as usual.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Hey Forward, I've seen quite a few matches of yours in the past... and ive always liked your style!

You're a great player man, that combo video was -insane-

If you have the time could you please take a look at my vids in my ''rate my shiek'' thread? I just made it today, tips or comments from a formidable smasher like yourself would be invaluable to my improvement.

Congrats again on a nice combo vid. loved it.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
D@mn that was a good vid. You have shffling down to an art. And the crazy wavelanding needle camping at the end was awesome. Great job

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Nice vid Forward, your Sheik seems abit...for lack of better words..uncontrolled at sometimes though...
Nice none the less :)

technomancer

Smash Champion
Tope, is that because he didn't dsmash/fthrow/fair space animals to needle gay enough?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tope, is that because he didn't dsmash/fthrow/fair space animals to needle gay enough?
No, it's because I'm tired of Forward talking about how awesome he is all the time, and that I really didn't care for his sheik when I played it.

Although I will admit that it was visually impressive.

forward

Smash Champion
No, it's because I'm tired of Forward talking about how awesome he is all the time, and that I really didn't care for his sheik when I played it.

Although I will admit that it was visually impressive.

Uhm, you're gonna have to show me where I talk about how great I am all the time. If you don't like the video than fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, that doesn't bother me. But this is something completely different, now you are attacking me as a person, which is straight up disrespectful.

soap

Smash Hero
nihonjin, how do you play sheik without a down throw? i was just watching your games against captain jack and you were upthrowing in a sheik ditto, it just looked so weird to me, anyway much respect for what you're doin over there

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I play PAL, Sheik's downthrow sends you too far forward to actually combo like you do in NTSC (no chainthrows, no downthrow to fair/f-tilt/anything else) so its not like I have a choice ^-^
But I don't care too much for her downthrow anyway, she has plenty of moves to make up for losing it :)

soap

Smash Hero
Nihonjin Combo Video?
you have a very focused sheik

are you ever coming to america, OC3 maybe?

**** forward, double needles off platforms has been really helpful. i really like them on battlefield cuz you can platform dash off the top middle plat into a reverse needle on the lower platform to the second needle, and those needles on pokemon are really cool too

full_95

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, you know you're good when you have fanboys sucking your metaphorical d!ck all day. nice shiek broman, i dig. scrumtrulescent avatar also, you must have fantastic taste or something.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Nihonjin Combo Video?
you have a very focused sheik

are you ever coming to america, OC3 maybe?
I dunno about a combo vid...
I'm sure as hell not gonna make one myself haha :p

And yeah, I'm looking into OC and really want to go :)
So who knows, you might actually see me there ^^

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
forward u suck!!! you copy too much from me!!
lol nah just kidding man, you know i idolize you as a sheik. i have yet seen you do your u-tilt from a dash like you used to do when you were playing butters at goops tourney that one time

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
I got a chance to play you at INNsomnia5 in a Sheik ditto. Gotta say I was definitely impressed with your needle usage and your platforming games. You just seemed to float above the stage on places like Dreamland and Battlefield. I've tried to incorporate that into my style, with typically successful results. You bring your own, technical style to Sheik, and I think that's part of your strength. You are not a "typical" Sheik.

But as Drephen pointed out you don't do many grabs at all. Granted, you've shown that you don't particularly NEED to grab in order to win. Even so, grabs have helped many good Sheiks out there. If people like Drephen, Cpt. Jack, DSF, etc. use grabbing, then grabbing must have merit. Is there some conscious reason why you don't grab?

forward

Smash Champion
Thanks for the kind words. But usually I go for grabs when the opponents block, and as you can see in this video there aren't many shields being put up, so there aren't many grabs. If they are going to attack wildly after I strike them then chances are a grab won't work.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Come to Trans-Canada :)

This makes me want to pick up sheik, but sadly Drephen already converted me brb grabbing.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I really didn't care for his sheik when I played it.
Uh what? You didn't "care for" it? Did he beat you badly or something? I know I don't really "care for" foxes who waveshine-upthrow-upair me, but that doesn't make them bad.

It's not like (from the vid) Forward's sheik is any more gay than any other sheik. Probably less so actually.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uh what? You didn't "care for" it? Did he beat you badly or something? I know I don't really "care for" foxes who waveshine-upthrow-upair me, but that doesn't make them bad.

It's not like (from the vid) Forward's sheik is any more gay than any other sheik. Probably less so actually.
It has more to do with the way I view combo vids in particuliar. I'd rather see stuff that works most of the time, then fancy tricks and tactics. I will say that his sheik keeps moving nicely.

And no I've never played a friendly start to finish with forward.

Top Bottom