• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make sure I have the concept of Peach correct

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
She's Heavier (Won't die as fast pkus better DI) but
She's Faster
She Still Floats
She Can Still Float Cancel (and L[ag] Cancel [SHFF')
She Can Still DJC
Better Throws
Better F-Smah
Great Air Moves With Better Bair
Toad Improved
She Can Pull Turnips and Items (with improved Beamsword)
She Can Drop Turnips On The Ground And Pick Them Up Later (Mind Games!)
Her Down Smash Is Gimped

So she got buffed overall. Is there anything I am mistaked about? I want to make sure I got my facts straight because I've heard so much. Peach For Top Tier?

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
mebbe you want to add how the parasol falling is alot slower and even with the parasol closed it's really hecka slow, meaning you can get hit easily on your recovery
but everything else about her is pretty good :)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
She's heavier? And all I heard about toad is that he comes out a little bit faster.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yeah, she's better, but IMO, I don't think/hoped she's not top tier material. No offense to any other Peach players...>>

She's best set as a high tier >>

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
Yeah, she's better, but IMO, I don't think/hoped she's not top tier material. No offense to any other Peach players...>>

She's best set as a high tier >>
I totally agree :)
that just makes it that much more fun to kick *** with her :D

EDIT: wtf I can't even say ***! what's up with this ****ing site and its ****ing ****ede up rules. I mean who ****ing cares..
JK :DD

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
but there's not really any other potentially awesome characters to compare her against
sure mario got buffed and metaknight seems to be hax, but we realy dunno what any characters that nintendo hasn't shonw will be like
maybe a new character would be godly, but as of now, i'm liking how good she's looking XD

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
but there's not really any other potentially awesome characters to compare her against
sure mario got buffed and metaknight seems to be hax, but we realy dunno what any characters that nintendo hasn't shonw will be like
maybe a new character would be godly, but as of now, i'm liking how good she's looking XD
Not only those two.

Pokamon Trainer looks like he can kickass in a smart players hands. Three pokemons = three types of mindgames. Zero Suit Samus. She plays just like Shiek, only you know what gender she is and that she has that lesbian-looking expression (best benifit evar? :D)

Fox may have been nerfed a bit from Top tier, but that doesn't mean he's not a threat. There could be new tricks he can do this time that he can't do in Melee. Finally, there's sonic. I'm not gonna tell you how much of a ***** he might be to fight with.

Really, I think everyone will have a good or fair chance against Peach. Remember, she isn't the only one who has gotten an improvement.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
She's Heavier (Won't die as fast pkus better DI) but
She's Faster- yeah
She Still Floats- no duh
She Can Still Float Cancel (and L[ag] Cancel [SHFF')- harder to do, but yeah
She Can Still DJC- yes
Better Throws- F-Throw is mostly same, but others combo better
Better F-Smah- yup, it can actually kill now
Great Air Moves With Better Bair- HELL YEAH!
Toad Improved- Could care less...
She Can Pull Turnips and Items (with improved Beamsword)- Yup
She Can Drop Turnips On The Ground And Pick Them Up Later (Mind Games!)- Never tried it
Her Down Smash Is Gimped- Unfortunately...

So she got buffed overall. Is there anything I am mistaked about? I want to make sure I got my facts straight because I've heard so much. Peach For Top Tier?
Princess Peach for top tier baby!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Not only those two.

Pokamon Trainer looks like he can kickass in a smart players hands. Three pokemons = three types of mindgames. Zero Suit Samus. She plays just like Shiek, only you know what gender she is and that she has that lesbian-looking expression (best benifit evar? :D)

Fox may have been nerfed a bit from Top tier, but that doesn't mean he's not a threat. There could be new tricks he can do this time that he can't do in Melee. Finally, there's sonic. I'm not gonna tell you how much of a ***** he might be to fight with.

Really, I think everyone will have a good or fair chance against Peach. Remember, she isn't the only one who has gotten an improvement.
Smart dude, Rockin', you were thinking about the same thing I was. It almost looks like there will be a whole host of REALLY good characters in Brawl. Which means this game might just end up being who is the smarter player. I think there'll be more good than bad in this game. Then it'll come down to who gets dragged down because of poor tournament performances.

P.S.

I know my Peach isn't good yet, but I wanna Peach Ditto some time. *nods*

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
OH God Yes. Princess Peach for top teir. I really Really REALLY hope she'll be top tier. She's such a great character. She deserves to be on top.
:chuckle:
She will likely be somewhere near top tier, because her Dash Attack is still not only a Wall of Priority, but it's got great comboability. Her other Smashes other than DSmash kick butt, and D-Smash still eats through shields even if it doesn't hit 50^ in 1 hit. Peach is also overall faster, and still has high priority air attacks.

I enjoyed playing as Pit and MK better tho...

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I never really counted the Down Smash as a KO move, so if that's the only thing it's missing, then it's fine with me. From what I saw in one of the vids it still has enough knockback to send people into walls and such. That's perfect. I've got more of an affinity to the Nair, myself. >_> Thanks XIF

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Smart dude, Rockin', you were thinking about the same thing I was. It almost looks like there will be a whole host of REALLY good characters in Brawl. Which means this game might just end up being who is the smarter player. I think there'll be more good than bad in this game. Then it'll come down to who gets dragged down because of poor tournament performances.

P.S.

I know my Peach isn't good yet, but I wanna Peach Ditto some time. *nods*
Heh, thanks. and OMG, How the **** could I forget about Bowser!? He was, in most people's eyes, a bad character. But peeps like DJ Nintendo and Gimpyfish ***** with him. Now, Bowser has gotten an upgrade in areas needed.

You can just imagine how many people is gonna get Koopa Klawed. =/

Well, Melee is also about smarts, but it also showed slightly to strong advantages. Peach players would get ***** by Space animals and Marth. Brawl is gonna be more balanced, but there could be some advantages here and there.

And sure, whenever you come to NY, we can Peach Ditto. ^^

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Heh, thanks. and OMG, How the **** could I forget about Bowser!? He was, in most people's eyes, a bad character. But peeps like DJ Nintendo and Gimpyfish ***** with him. Now, Bowser has gotten an upgrade in areas needed.

You can just imagine how many people is gonna get Koopa Klawed. =/

Well, Melee is also about smarts, but it also showed slightly to strong advantages. Peach players would get ***** by Space animals and Marth. Brawl is gonna be more balanced, but there could be some advantages here and there.

And sure, whenever you come to NY, we can Peach Ditto. ^^
I'm looking forward to it. I'm just excited to see how it all goes down. I can't wait to see how well Bowswer plays, either. The whole Peach vs. Space animals and Marth is interesting when you have players like VaNz. It's crazy that he keeps beating Reik...who plays Falco. He beat Eggm's Fox...barely, and let me tell you...that match was intense.(He then beat Eggm's Falco) As far as Marth is concerned.....I'll quote him. "I may know how to fight Falco, but I don't like it. However Marth....*laughs* I have my way with Marth." Scary dude, lemme tell ya, lol. Anyway....yeah, ditto for sure, I'll PM ya and all. Who knows when I'll be in NY though, lol. I'll try to make a tourney up there.

The more I think about it....despite the changes...like No WD and some other stuff....I think Brawl is going to be one heck of a game to master and discover. I'm also looking forward to seeing what new stuff we can discover about Peach. ^_^

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
about the whole d-smash thing...alotta people are bummed that it's nerfed, at least from what i've seen. but wholly and truly, the move is not a pivotal move to peach. it's hecka helpful and stuff, but the biggest thing i think it does is kill moral in the other player. like when i play my sheik friend all i hafta do is land a good one and he'll turn from aggro to very defensive, which makes it play straight into peach's game. the fact that the d-smash will suck people in for 5 hits will still help with this., just it wont eject people anymore.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm looking forward to it. I'm just excited to see how it all goes down. I can't wait to see how well Bowswer plays, either. The whole Peach vs. Space animals and Marth is interesting when you have players like VaNz. It's crazy that he keeps beating Reik...who plays Falco. He beat Eggm's Fox...barely, and let me tell you...that match was intense.(He then beat Eggm's Falco) As far as Marth is concerned.....I'll quote him. "I may know how to fight Falco, but I don't like it. However Marth....*laughs* I have my way with Marth." Scary dude, lemme tell ya, lol. Anyway....yeah, ditto for sure, I'll PM ya and all. Who knows when I'll be in NY though, lol. I'll try to make a tourney up there.

The more I think about it....despite the changes...like No WD and some other stuff....I think Brawl is going to be one heck of a game to master and discover. I'm also looking forward to seeing what new stuff we can discover about Peach. ^_^
Oh, Vanz is the complete opposite of any Peach player I heard. He actually ENJOYS playing Peach's counters and could handle them really well. He's like Jaden Yuki (he hates the character...because Konami has stolen his first name and made it unoriginal lol). Yeah, he's a fun person to play with and to hang ^^

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I use Peaches Dsmash to kill, but mostly I use it to combo. and smack people on the edge, As long as I can do that with Peach I have no problems with her Nerfed Dsamsh. It's just something I'll have to adapt to. I mean I heard Gimpy Say that her forward throw has more power and I always use that to get most of my kills. Her Forward throw kicks so much ***. I'm gald this didn't get nerfed but but buffed.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Oh, Vanz is the complete opposite of any Peach player I heard. He actually ENJOYS playing Peach's counters and could handle them really well. He's like Jaden Yuki (he hates the character...because Konami has stolen his first name and made it unoriginal lol). Yeah, he's a fun person to play with and to hang ^^
Lol. VaNz earns so many cool points. I actually learn a lot from watching his Peach....and getting 4-stocked by it -_-. I'm so gonna enjoy Peach in this game, though. Yeah, i'll agree with the whole, being like Jaden thing. Also the cool person to play....we haven't gotten a chance to hang out yet, though. Unless you count Applebees that night.

on topic:

I wonder if her Peach Bomber is more effective now. I know you can cut some of the lag if you dash into it, but maybe it'll come out quicker all together.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
on topic:

I wonder if her Peach Bomber is more effective now. I know you can cut some of the lag if you dash into it, but maybe it'll come out quicker all together.
Actually, it does, and more. You can not only activate it faster, but it goes farther and I think it does the same damage. It's possible to do a the Wall Bomb with it as well.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Actually, it does, and more. You can not only activate it faster, but it goes farther and I think it does the same damage. It's possible to do a the Wall Bomb with it as well.
O.o nice. It seems like our esteemed Princess has a LOT more personality in this game. I mean...her taunt, LOL. And her attack sounds. They really went all out for that.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
there are clips of her taunt? dang i need to go find them haha
and what exactly is the peach bomber and the hearts shooting out? is it like a sweetspot thing?

Composeur

Smash Ace
BOO! They needed to nerf Kirby, not Peach! That *****'s neutral-B was SO overpowered.

But seriously, I'm crazy about Peach and I'm so glad she's going to be good in Brawl, at least what it looks like. I think it's awesome Nintendo made space in the upper tiers for female characters. Peach was pretty much their sole representative in SSBM, unless you count Sheik (who still doesn't do much to shatter gender roles or stereotypes...).

But OK, supposing moves like the PB and Toad have been buffed...are they actually USEFUL now? It would be an understatement to say they were rarely used in tournament play in SSBM. Maybe someone with excellent observational skills and insider knowledge could make a list of all Peach's moves in Brawl and directly compare them to their counterparts in SSBM. To me it seems unreasonable to think that every single aspect of every single move (except D-smash) has escaped some sort of downgrade. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
i'm pretty sure i saw one, i think it was the fall 2007 clip, i dun have a link on me right now though sorry
there's the end of a trailer where it shows several players taunts, and peach was dancing and singing next to bowswer

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
BOO! They needed to nerf Kirby, not Peach! That *****'s neutral-B was SO overpowered.

But seriously, I'm crazy about Peach and I'm so glad she's going to be good in Brawl, at least what it looks like. I think it's awesome Nintendo made space in the upper tiers for female characters. Peach was pretty much their sole representative in SSBM, unless you count Sheik (who still doesn't do much to shatter gender roles or stereotypes...).

But OK, supposing moves like the PB and Toad have been buffed...are they actually USEFUL now? It would be an understatement to say they were rarely used in tournament play in SSBM. Maybe someone with excellent observational skills and insider knowledge could make a list of all Peach's moves in Brawl and directly compare them to their counterparts in SSBM. To me it seems unreasonable to think that every single aspect of every single move (except D-smash) has escaped some sort of downgrade. Maybe I'm just paranoid...
I'm just saying. She was already top tier in Melee. Why the heck would they buff her up even MORE? Now everybody and their deceased great grandma will play as her. More than Sheik I'm sure. O_o

It's bad enough that Mario spinoff games (especially the Mario party series), Peach somehow was usually the toughest AI.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
O.o nice. It seems like our esteemed Princess has a LOT more personality in this game. I mean...her taunt, LOL. And her attack sounds. They really went all out for that.
Which is good, because she looked souless on each of her moves ><

IMO, she should have been nerfed. And not just her down smash either. :(
Bleh, I think Nerfing her Dsmash and upping some of her mother moves was a good trade off. Her Dsmash was the most broken move next to Fox's shines and Marth's tippers.

I'm just saying. She was already top tier in Melee. Why the heck would they buff her up even MORE? Now everybody and their deceased great grandma will play as her. More than Sheik I'm sure. O_o

It's bad enough that Mario spinoff games (especially the Mario party series), Peach somehow was usually the toughest AI.
She was never top tier and hopefully in Brawl, she'll stay as a high tier. Okay, she's improved, but she's still floaty, which means she can be easily killed aerial. She'll be tougher to take down, but she's not invincible.

She's not really that tough. In some games like Mario Party, she just does the moves more cheaply. Mario will always be hard because he's such a well rounded character.

Really, Peach isn't invincible. She's been toned down much more then the Dsmash. We're not completly sure how effective the FC is, even though it is there.

In anything, you should get on Metaknight who seems to be pure broken ><

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
She's not any heavier (I regularly died to a gimped Fox Usmash and Samus' bair at medium percents [70-90]).

She cannot DJC. No one can.

Define "faster".

None of her throws combo at all because everyone recovers almost instantaneously out of throws if they try.

Yes, her air moves are largely unchanged except for a slightly buffed b-air.

And the only time a turnip ended up on the ground was when someone smashed me while I was holding one. Link apparently can't drop bombs on the ground like he used to, so Peach might not be able to drop turnips manually.

Keep in mind that this is all based on a demo. Things will change, count on it. Oldies will remember the Melee demo way back in the good ol' days, where Link's arrow charged in a split second and was ridiculously powerful... and look how it ended up in the full game.

Top Bottom