• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just picked up DK. Any tips I need to know right off the bat?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Don't use your eyes, use your ears. Count "One two three, One two three, One two three," then stop.

CaptainChoC

Smash Rookie
hum i'm currently playing a zelda who is as strong as i am and i really have troubles to win against her now that she understood that her u smash is godly, do you have any advice on this match-up ? i dont see anything in zelda's matchup thread neither in dk's one :( thanks

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
SDI the usmash up, you get out before the last hit, space her with dtilts so she can't get in. use kill moves early, and go for gimps because her recovery is abuseable

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
Nice tourney win, out of curiosity, what were some comments you got?
When I hit the DK Cannon (Neutral-B) from the Yoshi's Island Ghost Platform I got a few

"wtf hax"

The SA Neutral-B caught a couple people, that tried to spam smashes at me.

But when I won the finals, I won with a Up+B no lag landing to Reverse DK Cannon on my chasing opponent. I got tackled by my friends.

nightwing2024

Smash Cadet
I always like to try and keep my topics alive and answer any questions. My DK is off the hook now, compared to when this was first posted. He's only my 2nd though, seeing as Wolf rocks my socks.

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Don't use your eyes, use your ears. Count "One two three, One two three, One two three," then stop.
Angel speaks the truth! When I first learned how to count my charges, I listened to the sound DK makes when he swings his arm. After I started going to tournaments, I realized how hard it was to hear over everyone's noise and learned how to feel it using my controller's rumble.

However, without sound or rumble, I'm completely blind and can't tell how many charges DK has. My mind literally goes blank and I completely lose focus. Learning how to count the charges uses sound or rumble has its bonuses too; instead of having to look at DK, you can look at your opponent (which is much more important).

Top Bottom