• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I haven't played IC's in months.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't. Too many MK player. I would rather use GW or MK. At Hobo10 I had to play 5 MK's in a row in bracket, then an olimar which I beat with ICs, then I had to play ANOTHER MK and then lost to Dojo after that(MK) then went to losers and lost to DMG(Wario).

So yeah...I just don't get enough tournament practice with them too keep them as one of my mains. The character is too hard to play consistantly.

So, unless MK gets banned nationwide I doubt I will use climbers much anymore.

Sorry.

(Note: I'm not full for MK being banned..I'm kind of 50-50 on the subject. Just sayin the amount of MK's in texas makes my IC's pretty useless :/)

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
lol MK

There's no need to apologize. You have no responsibility to keep using ICs in match-ups that are very difficult for them when you are good with other, better characters.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
In Michigan it's not enough Meta Knight players, (nor Kirby at the moment), I see it's almost to impossible to chain grab Meta Knight with his Mech Tornado and everything so I guess I understand. =/

So you don't even use them on friendlies?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Step up yo game lol.

Some of us are born to play Ice Climbers.

j/k j/k lol good luck in tournaments Hylian

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Use a good counter against Meta (In my case, i follow aklphazealot's advice and uses diddy, which works great if played defensively), own they so bad they won´t dare trying the char, and you´ll get room for your IC's.
How does fulljump desynched blizzard work against meta? And shouldn´t the tornado be able to SDI upwards to airdodge, which leads to opporturnity to punish meta, and maybe with perfect timing or some practise, a grab...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Point out where I said that it was impossible to beat MK with IC's?

It's just stupid for me to use IC's in tournaments where I play against MK every round. So I will use other characters that do better in the match-up. One IC player beating one MK player doesn't prove anything about the match-up.

I will still contribute to the boards and such...I just won't be playing IC's much >_>.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
.... Wow, we lost another one to the darkness....
This is so annoying how Mk is so broken to the point where his worst match up is another MK and that people are swarming to play as him in tournaments just to be competent enough. Before you know it, Brawl tournaments will become Meta Knight tournaments and all the hard work Sakurai put into the game to balance the characters would be lost...

Rykard

Smash Ace
the thing is though that almost every MK is the same. its not the tonrado or lack of lag or anything that makes him good cuase those are problems that everyone playing against him can get around. its the fact that the ice climbers have no priority over almost anything he does except maybe their down air over his shuttle loop if done right but that hardly ever happens and blizard but that can only do so much

we are going to get better cuase of how consistant most metaknights are with doing the same combos and such. and then it wont be a problem

i just dont want to see more people leave these guys now cuase of him. ice climbers are amazing and we need to prove that

Zori

Smash Champion
i was that olimar ;) should of stuck with them the whole set if you know what i mean. <3

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should I start posting videos of MK's beating IC's or are people going to use common sense?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
You're not alone Hyl
I love the climbers, but you're putting yourself at a huge disadvantage by trying to play MK with them.
It's a shame, really.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
the thing is though that almost every MK is the same. its not the tonrado or lack of lag or anything that makes him good cuase those are problems that everyone playing against him can get around. its the fact that the ice climbers have no priority over almost anything he does except maybe their down air over his shuttle loop if done right but that hardly ever happens and blizard but that can only do so much

we are going to get better cuase of how consistant most metaknights are with doing the same combos and such. and then it wont be a problem

i just dont want to see more people leave these guys now cuase of him. ice climbers are amazing and we need to prove that
Blizzard > Mach Tornado
You can Blizzard him right out of the tornado. Why don't people realize this yet? D:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The tornado is still a big problem. Most good MKs won't just randomly tornado straight at you into the space you can control with blizzard. They'll usually do it from above at a weird angle that is really hard to punish, even with blizzard.

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
Lol, said to see what I'd say is a pillar of the Ice Climber forums kind of...not play Ice Climbers so much anymore.

Hey, good luck with whoever you play Hylian. :p

Top Bottom