• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have the BEST Lucas

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
Actually I don't but I'm curious to who does. I wouldn't mind studying some videos if this player has any from tournaments or online whatnot. Looking to improve my game. (Recently switched to B-Stick ... zomg I know) :)

If you know anyone or some good videos post links!

Thanks~

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
There aren't a lot of videos to study really. Lucas doesn't seem to be terribly well represented in tournaments at the moment. The only pro I know of who's using him is Vidjo and there's only like one video on youtube of him. I'm not sure there is a "best" Lucas player yet. Maybe Simna will use him as a secondary.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
Ai Dee Kay...
I have a pretty good Lucas...
No vids though...
PLUS
My name IRL is Lucas
That's like, double ownage...
Ha...
I guess this could be considered spam >.>

Trozz

Smash Ace
Search for a Lucas/Claus player named MinD. He's the most impressive I've seen so far. Also, Levitas is pretty good with PKT2.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
MinD isn't bad but I don't know about the best. And I actually think Levitas needs to work on his PK Thunder game more than anything just by viewing a few videos of him from UMB12. There's a lot of untapped potential in Lucas because the game is so new and not all that many people are working on Lucas so far.

If I had to make suggestions on what to watch to get better I'd say to go on youtube and watch some of Simna's Melee Ness videos. Simna is the God of PK Thunder and besides that he's just an overall good player. You can learn a lot by watching his spacing and mindgames.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
MinD is pretty good but definitely not the best. Currently, the top two I think are GofG and Mekos, followed by Levitas and then myself and Tyr if I had to rank them, but most of us haven't played with each other to tell. Mekos has a few old videos of him vs. Bardull if you want to check those out.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I haven't played anyone but Earthbound360 on here. I have an awful connection that hardly lets me even do wifi. Although if anyone wants to send me friend codes I'd be happy to give it a shot when it's not giving me error codes. It'd be fun to actually get to play some Lucas players. In anycase I doubt there will ever be a consensus on the best Lucas player no matter how good someone gets. People are still arguing over whether M2K or Ken was better at Marth in melee.

Levitas

the moon
UMB 12 was more than a full month ago. It was the first brawl tourney that we had, a week after getting the game.

That said, vidjo's lucas is better than mine, and he mains metaknight over lucas. I had the good fortune of meeting him at UMB 14

Galeon

Smash Ace
It's really silly to try to crown a king Lucas player roughly a month after the game has been released in America. Right now, any suggestions would be based entirely on who got owned by who in a Lucas ditto.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Shibby you should have came to the tournament in MN that I hosted a month back. You could have seen my lucas :) which took 3rd btw

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Wow, lots more Lucas players that I thought there were, all doing well in tournaments :) awesomesauce

<steps it up>

Trozz

Smash Ace
Yes, there were more Lucas's then I expected. I don't really want to main him anymore, but I still use him as my opening character.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
No really,
My real name is Lucas xD
i'm pretty sure he fully understands that; he's just saying that his real name is ness, and that it's a "small world" because, really, what are the chances that someone named lucas and someone named ness find and comment in the same lucas-related thread?

GofG

Smash Champion
Jacobus, I would say that's rather high, especially on smashboards. Afterall, if there were to be someone named Lucas, and there were to be someone named Ness, they would probably end up on smashboards.

In any case, knowing who the best Lucas is 1.5 months after the game came out is stupid. Besides, everyone knows its me. We already determined that in the last thread, when Foxy gave me support.

GofG

Smash Champion
AnubisGX, you have a GaW sig and avatar, maining Captain Falcon in your character icon, posting in the Lucas boards saying that you play lucas.

You're officially awesome.

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
lol, I just changed it. gotta change that small icon thingy though.

coincidently enough, all three characters you named are who I use in brawl.
Lucas, GaW, C Falcon.

Top Bottom