• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have conducted a study....

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I have polled Brawl fans on other forums, and have come to the conclusion that about 70-89%, average of 85%, would have been less upset or not upset at all at the time of Brawls release if the following 6 had made it, speculate.... do you think the person who continues Smash after Brawl or Sakurai himself should include these in the next game? If Nintendo goes around Sakurai and makes DLC a possibility, should they include some of these.

Krystal
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman
Geno
King K Rool

Personally I'm fine without K Rool and Geno and I like Ridley as a boss, but I know half the complainers wouldn't have initially complained if these guys made it.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
To be honest, that is stating the obvious. K Rool is the only one that is in the least bit surprising.

Still... I'd rather Lyn be playable over all six of those combined. </3

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Arite, I am starting to get ticked off. SSB4 ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO EVEN BEING CONFIRMED. Also, I was just about to say, but hippochinfat!! beat me to it. GTFO. Seriously.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd have loved to have Isaac and K. Rool make it. I would have been overjoyed.

However, their dis-inclusion (lol) is not cause for more delays. I would much rather have Brawl come out on March 9th than later, plus, it's much too late to add characters (although that was not your intention)

However, Ive seen many threads very similar to this one. Do we really need these?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Hey, the most wanted characters from Melee were for the most part put in Brawl, these are the most wanted characters from Brawl, the odds of them in the next installment is high.

Why he left them out in the first place, IDK

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
The only ones that would make me extremely happy on that list are Megaman (and even more so) Isaac. I have come to terms with the current roster, the batch of characters is amazing if you think about it, we just had most of the cool ones revealed prior to release. There isn't a single newcomer I dislike!

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
sakurai himself said that ridley is too big for the game, so he's doubtful

same with king k rool, in dkc, he was like tripled the size of dk, and dk's one of the biggest characters in the game

from that list, i just want isaac in, i would perfer krystal in more than wolf, but i wouldn't really want 4 star fox reps, otherwise ssbb would be too star foxy

i also don't see why geno deserves to be in the game, he's not an icon representing nintendo, although there is a lot of demand for him, i personally don't think he'll make it into the next smash bros, unless there are like 324673289 characters

megaman would be pretty cool....

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Hey, the most wanted characters from Melee were for the most part put in Brawl, these are the most wanted characters from Brawl, the odds of them in the next installment is high.

Why he left them out in the first place, IDK

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Listen its not that I dont care ..... but lets at least wait till next yr for discussions about SSB4.... Please?

Kiederen

Smash Cadet
I can easily see Krystal, Isaac, and Megaman as smash characters. I'm not familiar with Geno and K. Rool enough to say, but Ridley strikes me as the least likely, as such a character would be the most difficult to program of those on the list, and there are many more feasible options such as the other characters on the list.
I've heard that Camelot and Nintendo are all for making a Golden Sun 3, but have 'not gotten around to it' so if they ever do, a main character from the new GS game would have a decent shot at a slot on the next smash roster (<- staying positive) for the same reason Roy in Melee and Marth in Brawl got their slots: promotions for up coming games.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Many characters were left out because they wouldn't really motivate a casual to start playing. Also, it was hinted that Geno was supposed to be part of the game "Certain characters were excluded due to rights".

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
brawl is final dead and done. and my dream list is different than that one, and so is the next guys, but that's not really important, or a reason to get upset over.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Look, think of it like a wedding, it's not the guests that matter, it's the marriage.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
in fact, getting upset over anything related to video games is crazy unless you are a game developer and your budget has run out and you need to sell the game and start making money or you get laid off and your family starves.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Actually... I agree. People like me who don't care about those characters and want different characters aren't nearly as b****y as the massive amount of people who wanted those characters. People would still complain though. People ALWAYS complain. They would find someone else to complain about.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah, people would be less upset if the delay were due to character inclusion. But they wouldn't be satisfied.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
sakurai himself said that ridley is too big for the game, so he's doubtful

same with king k rool, in dkc, he was like tripled the size of dk, and dk's one of the biggest characters in the game

from that list, i just want isaac in, i would perfer krystal in more than wolf, but i wouldn't really want 4 star fox reps, otherwise ssbb would be too star foxy

i also don't see why geno deserves to be in the game, he's not an icon representing nintendo, although there is a lot of demand for him, i personally don't think he'll make it into the next smash bros, unless there are like 324673289 characters

megaman would be pretty cool....

There are like 343940 Mario Brothers characters. 4 Starfox characters is nothing.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Everlasting is right; WAY too many Mario characters.

I would've been extremely suprised had Isaac been in Brawl, and I'm still suprised that he's an Assist Capsule. I would say that characters like Isaac who appear in Brawl but aren't playable are very likely to be playable in the next game. Sakurai obviously has his eye on these people, so it makes sense that they would take the next step in the next game.

The roster in Brawl is more than I could've ever dreamed of though, so it's cool.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Just one day I would like to go without seeing another new thread about which characters should have been in Brawl or what characters people want to see in SSB4.

Rash

Smash Ace
Whoa. Way too many "what people wish was in SSBB" and "what should be in SSB4" threads.

And Brawl is still not out in America yet!

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with the roster the way it is, and after brushing up on some R.O.B. history, I think it's really cool they added him in. If Isaac was in, I'd be perfectly happy. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want more. I think no matter what Sakurai gives us, someone's always going to want more.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Brawl is out now, this thread is pointless. "MODS, WE HAVE A REBEL!"

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Brawl is out now, this thread is pointless. "MODS, WE HAVE A REBEL!"
REBEL!!!! :suess:

seriously though, it doesn't really matter if the game is released, I'm not saying these will be in, just Sakurai was silly for not doing so, because it would have made people happier and quicker to except Brawl.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
These threads are dumb. If! If! If! WHAT IF??? Should have! Should have! Should have!

Sigh, I'm taking this to the complaint thread.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Yup, those are the big names. And good job with that study! I thought it was interesting myself.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I suppose I'm of the 15% group.

I'm perfectly fine without any of those. Megaman is cool, but he just doesn't seem like a good fit for Brawl. All other characters I either hate or know nothing about.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
well 4 out of the six their i wanted Mega, Geno, Ridley, K. rool isaac i get and as for Krystal i dont really care about never played any of the Star Fox's past 64.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
well 4 out of the six their i wanted Mega, Geno, Ridley, K. rool isaac i get and as for Krystal i dont really care about never played any of the Star Fox's past 64.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well Unless the Mario Universe gets Daisy as a Actual character and not a costume as peach
F-zero gets a new guy(most likely Samurai Guroh)
Golden Sun gets 2 reps(Issac and Felix)
Metroid gets Maybe 3 reps? Well seeing that Sylux might be in the new Metroid game.........and Weavel seeing he's a space Pirate.....
Maybe Star Fox can have 4 reps it has done something Notable(first 3-D flier on any home console, first Fur shading on a Nintendo console)

Top Bottom