• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a problem doing tilts with snake

drab

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone,

Umm I seem to have a lot of trouble doing tilts with snake. Especially ftilt, whenever I do it I normally do a fsmash. Sny tips on doing tilts and not smashes would be very much appreciated thanks!

-Ran

Smash Master
It's timing. Just practice until you get it. For Rigor, you need a new controller. =p

Killress

Smash Ace
Hello everyone,

Umm I seem to have a lot of trouble doing tilts with snake. Especially ftilt, whenever I do it I normally do a fsmash. Sny tips on doing tilts and not smashes would be very much appreciated thanks!
What type of controller do you use?

napZzz

Smash Hero
you should TILT the joystick when you do them. Then you wont do smash attacks. Thats why its called a "tilt"

drab

Smash Cadet
i use a game cube controller and by tilt everyone means don't completely push the joy stick in one direction right?

but thanks for the help so far guys!

IDK

Smash Lord
i don't, but you can try tilt sticking. i don't know if you can snake dash or anything with a tilt stick.

drab

Smash Cadet
yea mortar sliding would be an issue i think....
i'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes

Whynot

Smash Rookie
Snake without a tilt is like Chuck Norris without a beard, just isn't happenin'.

In all seriousness though, it takes a very light touch. At least for me that is. My suggestion is going into practice and getting a feel for it. Once you've got it down, it'll stick with you foreva'. Like a bike or something.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how do people have problems with moves -_-

is this the first time u played smash? all u have to do is press left or right then a.

drab

Smash Cadet
how do people have problems with moves -_-

is this the first time u played smash? all u have to do is press left or right then a.

lol no but i think that's over simplifying it, but maybe for u its that easy, but i have a hard time doing tilts

CouRt

Smash Cadet
alright let me make it easy, first off, you're not a snake main till you can tilt every which way.
secondly, i tilt by pushing the stick COMPLETELY in one direction. as long as your not dashing, then you'll tilt.
:]

somefatkid

Smash Rookie
This always works for me since dodgeing is the main way i get around in smash anyway tilt the controler in the middle of the roles or spot dodges it works everytime and you can basicaly master this in 30 sec the only thing that will take work is spot dodge U-tilt but once you get the hang of it its really easy and sets your opponent up nicely

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Practice makes perfect. I went from using no tilts to only using tilts in a week. I started with the F-Tilt. Instead of dashing, I would only walk slowly. I'd do this in all my matches. Then, I'd just push A and I'd F-Tilt. U-Tilt was easy, I have tap jump off.

Snakirby

Smash Rookie
I had to change to tap jump off in order to do U-tilts with no fails, took me a little to get used to tap jumps however utilt became my favorite kill move just because I always warn the person that is how I will KO them, just to piss them off (they still can't get over Snake's reach).
Regarding Ftilt it just took me to realize the timing and in no time I was doing it with the analog stick (I used the Wiimote alone before, and for some characters I still do) after a while you do the tilts when needed without thinking.

aMtt

Smash Apprentice
yea mortar sliding would be an issue i think....
i'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes
if you did set the C-stick to tilts (which I honestly wouldn't recommend, you should be able to tilt without the C-stick, but to each their own), you could mortar slide with A to dash attack and then up-Z to up smash, instead of C-stick to up-Z or something like that.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
well one way to practice a feel for a consistent ftilt would be just pressing A while walking i guess... since to walk you need to tilt the control stick not slam it to one side

i put tap jump off for the u tilts
and if you can't do dtilts... lol

Top Bottom