• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a drug problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
I play Smash Brothers about 10x better and faster, and I can read my opponent's strategies better...

when I'm high on pot.

Any suggestions on how to help?

Elen

Smash Lord
Stop smoking pot, and practice hard until you can play well all the time.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I play Smash Brothers about 10x better and faster, and I can read my opponent's strategies better...

when I'm high on pot.

Any suggestions on how to help?
Hmm, try going to an internet forum and posting how you feel to be judged by others.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
umm... oh yeah quit smoking pot and start practicing hard until until your good at it without that nonsence

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Mmmmmmm, not gonna quit, and I'm totally serious. I walk into a tourney good and high and do well, and as I get more and more sober I make more and more mistakes. Does this happen to anyone else either?? TBH it kinda sucks to have to rely on it. It just kind of puts me "in the zone" I guess.

Got any other good ways to get "in the zone"?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The most likely reason you're doing better while high is due to the fact that, like many drugs, pot will inhibit certain reactors. Pot mainly causes either a relaxing feeling, or a paranoid one. While you're relaxed, the fears of screwing up no longer weigh so heavily, and you're free to let your muscles go to work. Once that sense of "oh well" starts wearing off, every mistake will register.

Shorthand, if you hadn't smoked pot before playing once, you'd probably be playing that well normally, but that isn't the case anymore.

If you're going to keep smoking pot, but want your sober game to improve to the same level, I'd suggest music. Everytime you smoke, have something happen, like the same band playing. It can work with other stimuli, but music is simplest to control. Then, after you've done this a good amount, try playing with just the "high" music, not the high. It should put you in the zone, or at least closest to it.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
If you're going to keep smoking pot, but want your sober game to improve to the same level, I'd suggest music. Everytime you smoke, have something happen, like the same band playing. It can work with other stimuli, but music is simplest to control. Then, after you've done this a good amount, try playing with just the "high" music, not the high. It should put you in the zone, or at least closest to it.
That theory sounds like it could work :p My friend likes to turn the music off in the game and hook up his iPod to some speakers for some nice music while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom