• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I gots a copy~ Glad to answer questions

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Something I've discovered
Not 100% sure but,
There are these achievements similar to Brawl,
eg. play a certain stage x number of times to unlock a soundtrack theme
To unlock Wario I believe is to play as Luigi and be #1 for 3 times in a match.
(just turn stock to 1 and lvl1 cpu)
Then you unlock Made in Wario stage and Wario should challenge you.
***NEVER MIND MY MISTAKE, PLEASE IGNORE***

Last edited:

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Do you think you could try out remapping things the following way? I want to have this as my setup.

Attack - A
Special - B and R
Jump - X
Grab - Y
Shield - L

Also, I see there's a possible toggle for the circle pad, what does that do? And another thing, is there some sort of My Music for the 3DS version? I know they have only 2 songs per stage like Melee, but can you choose these two defined tracks at all from a list of them?
The setup is kinda possible excluding R button for special. (only 1 button is available for specials)
Unfortunately you can't change the actions you can only move them from their original place.
So only the following are available for you to remap
- Grab x 1
- Shield x 1
- Jump x 2
- Attack x 1
- Special x 1
The control stick is for tap up to jump (ON / OFF)

There is a Sound test option where you listen to the tunes and you can star them for favorites.
But doesn't seem you can choose which tunes for which stage.
Maybe there is an option to be unlock??? Who knows.

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
NEWS FLASH!!!
credits to
twitch.tv/gema_yue
Just unlocked all characters.
It appears the previous leak is confirmed.
no Ice Climbers, Wolf, etc.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Have you noticed any feature that lets you transfer your data (such as coins) from the demo to the game? It'd probably be the first thing you select when starting the game or somewhere in the vault...

Last edited:

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Have you noticed any feature that lets you transfer your data (such as coins) from the demo to the game? It'd probably be the first thing you select when starting the game or somewhere in the vault...
LOL i was wondering the same thing when i started up the game.
As i also played the demo, but unfortunately the coins don't transfer over.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
The setup is kinda possible excluding R button for special. (only 1 button is available for specials)
Unfortunately you can't change the actions you can only move them from their original place.
So only the following are available for you to remap
- Grab x 1
- Shield x 1
- Jump x 2
- Attack x 1
- Special x 1
The control stick is for tap up to jump (ON / OFF)

There is a Sound test option where you listen to the tunes and you can star them for favorites.
But doesn't seem you can choose which tunes for which stage.
Maybe there is an option to be unlock??? Who knows.
Oh huh. That's kinda lame, but not a major inconvenience, so I'll get used to my limited button choices. Thanks for trying it out for me ahead of time! Glad to see tap jump can be gotten rid of at least, too. And that's a shame, hopefully the 2 predefined choices for every stage don't bore me, I've already got quite a few tracks I dislike a lot (cough Try Try Again's murdered remix cough).

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'll make it easy for you.

Are special modes in the game? Like Mega and Metal. Are they in multiplayer and easily accessible?
Can you play run and jump WITHOUT going through Smash Run?
Name every single player mode.

I don't care too much about character details, I wanna find that out on my own. Thank you for your time.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Thank you, GloomyVic! This is great info. Can I ask you to clarify one small point, though?

I've just experimented with Robin/Reflet again.

Smashes - thunder sword
after some use around 5 full charged smash attacks/ 7~9 uncharged, it gets destroyed.
Is this true even if you swing the Thunder Sword at nothing? That is, does the sword get destroyed after 7-9 attacks even if they don't hit anyone?

Theguesst

Smash Rookie
Can you explain every custom move there is, or at least the ones you have so far?

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Can you cancel out of hitstun with an attack or air-dodge like in brawl? how is the dash dancing, is the dash dancing closer to brawl or melee? how is the landing lag on aerials? How is the lag after a throw? When you are running and you jump how much of the momentum is transferred over from the dash to the jump? Is the momentum closer to brawl or melee?

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
Please. (For the one millionth time) Any information on the variable custom movesets would be appreciated. (No one seems to be answering that question)

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Thanks for answering everyone's questions.

With that said, how do the Mii Fighters play? Is there anything interesting about the three classes and how they play?

Most importantly, what are the Miis' Final Smashes?

CrownTitle

Smash Rookie
I am curious about a couple of things:

1. In options, can you still change the damage ratio to 0.5? What is the range?
2. If you save a profile with your name, and customize each character under your profile, if you select your name in the character select screen, does it automatically load your customization? For example, I customize Mario to be faster, if I just select my own profile, and Mario, will he be faster? Or does it not work that way?

Thanks so much!

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
I'll make it easy for you.

Are special modes in the game? Like Mega and Metal. Are they in multiplayer and easily accessible?
Can you play run and jump WITHOUT going through Smash Run?
Name every single player mode.

I don't care too much about character details, I wanna find that out on my own. Thank you for your time.
I think there are additional rules for Smash after unlocking all characters.
Have to see if there are any special smashes.
As of now you can't play run and jump WITHOUT going through smash run.

I won't bombard with pictures of menus. (already have a lot thanks to Mr. Sakurai's POTD)
I'll list the Main menu for you.
1) SMASH
- Single
- Local Multi
- Rules (additional rules unlock after all characters i think, saw it from the stream)
2) INTERNET
- *NOT WORKING at the moment*
3) FIELD SMASH(SMASH RUN)
- Single
- Local Multi
- Equipment / Customize
- Theme Select
4) ACHIEVEMENTS (similar to Kid Icarus Uprising's board)
5) OTHER MODES
- Single
=> Simple (Classic mode)
=> All-star
=> Training
=> Arena
>> Multi-man
> 10, 100, 3min, Rival, Endless, EXTREME
>> Smash Bomber (AKA = Angry SMASH)
>> Home-run contest
- Local Multi
=> All-star
=> Multi-man
> 10, 100, 3min, Endless, EXTREME
- Character customize
=> Mii Fighter
=> Custom Character
- Collection (Figures, albums, music, etc.)
- Options
6) Street Pass (it seems like a mini game, don't have any street passes so can't try)
7) Wii U connect

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, GloomyVic! This is great info. Can I ask you to clarify one small point, though?

Is this true even if you swing the Thunder Sword at nothing? That is, does the sword get destroyed after 7-9 attacks even if they don't hit anyone?
I was swinging at air (nothing) in training mode when testing.
The weapons gets destroyed either way hit or no hit.
There is a short cooldown before you can use them again.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312

2. If you save a profile with your name, and customize each character under your profile, if you select your name in the character select screen, does it automatically load your customization? For example, I customize Mario to be faster, if I just select my own profile, and Mario, will he be faster? Or does it not work that way?

Thanks so much!
I don't own the game, but I'll try to answer these from what I watched in one of the streams.

As far as no. 1 goes, you can still change damage ratio, it goes up to 2.0, but I dunno how far down it goes, probably 0.5.
And no. 2, I think you do get your first preset customization right off the bat. When I watched Gema play, they got certain characters with a certain color already chosen from their preset options just by hovering over the character, without even changing colors manually. I assume out of all the preset customizations you will always get the first one immediately, including the customization's favorite palette for the character, their buffs and their changed specials.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928

Thanks so much!
I actually know the answer to this one thanks to watching the streams.

When you customize a character, you save that custom build for later use in battle. You can have a total of either 8 or 10 custom builds saved for every character. A cusom build includes special moves, equipment, Smash Run stuff, and even a pre-set palette swap you pick.

When you select a character when you have customization enabled, it opens up a menu of all the customized builds you have for that character. For example, of you pick Mario, a second menu pops up just for every version of Mario you have saved.

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Can you cancel out of hitstun with an attack or air-dodge like in brawl? how is the dash dancing, is the dash dancing closer to brawl or melee? how is the landing lag on aerials? How is the lag after a throw? When you are running and you jump how much of the momentum is transferred over from the dash to the jump? Is the momentum closer to brawl or melee?
Like i said i'm only a casual player so i don't know much about the technical stuff.
But i notice when low % tilts can combo but the opponent will get farther away making it impossible to combo further.
During that hit stun i don't think you can jump out of it.
I saw a video from the demo where megaman used Up-special to jump out.
Overall the game speed is faster than brawl so most attacks which have landing lag doesn't seem apparent to me.
But Palutena's tilts have a slight recovery lag after executing it.
Hope that answered your questions.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Great! That was the last bit of information on Robin I wasn't sure about. Thanks again for your help, Gloomy!

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, is there ANYTHING different about Dark Pit?
I've mentioned earlier,
To me he seems a very little bit slower than Vanilla Pit (could be only me:troll:)
But a little bit stronger.
Only noticeable to me is his Final smash and his side-special(cosmetically different)
Again i'm only a casual player I could be wrong.
Further testing is needed.

CrownTitle

Smash Rookie
I don't own the game, but I'll try to answer these from what I watched in one of the streams.

As far as no. 1 goes, you can still change damage ratio, it goes up to 2.0, but I dunno how far down it goes, probably 0.5.
And no. 2, I think you do get your first preset customization right off the bat. When I watched Gema play, they got certain characters with a certain color already chosen from their preset options just by hovering over the character, without even changing colors manually. I assume out of all the preset customizations you will always get the first one immediately, including the customization's favorite palette for the character, their buffs and their changed specials.
Thanks for that.

GloomyVic, could you confirm that you can go down to 0.5 in damage ratio? I actually prefer to play Smash at around 0.7 or 0.8. I prefer the longer technical battles.

Thanks.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Don't see the stage builder anywhere. MIA
Maybe in Wii U version???

Paper fan is MIA as well.
imgur.com/L55oTbU
Can you try Rosalina's final smash for me? I want to know if it's got buffed or still the same as the e3 build

I've been asking other people this question but no one has responded

Thanks in advance

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Looking at your other posts about Robin, say Elwind breaks, you have to wait before you can use it again? This is what I'm understanding, right?
Maybe it's easier to understand when seeing it in action.
For example you used Up-special several times. (around 8~9 times)
The books gets destroyed. during this cooldown period you can't use this move.
He/she just does this hand gesture motion but doesn't jump nor fly.
cooldown isn't that long maybe around 8 seconds. after that you can use it again.

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for answering everyone's questions.

With that said, how do the Mii Fighters play? Is there anything interesting about the three classes and how they play?

Most importantly, what are the Miis' Final Smashes?
To me their custom moves are very OP.
Some are chargeable. (eg. fighter's N-special is a chargeable shoryuken)
Their tilts and smash are quite powerful. Range is good as well.
(eg. Gunner's side smash and up-air is a gatling gun)
Overall very fun to play.

You can find more detailed information here.
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-100-page-famitsu-supplement/
Credits to Nintendo Everything
Would like to show you in action but don't have capture kit.

Top Bottom