• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I gots a copy~ Glad to answer questions

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Have you unlocked any of Ikes alternate moves yet? I haven't been able to find anyone unlocking his yet.
Sorry only have 1 move.
Down-Sp#3 - Smash Counter - stronger counter attack but has a slight longer recovery lag.

Seriously even playing smash run has better loot drop but they're rarely custom moves.
It's mostly equipment...

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'm behind in my news, but is the online component up and running?

Is it possible to add people you meet in the random "For fun" rooms? One gripe I had with Basic Brawl was that I wasn't able to add or talk to the cool people I met every now and then while playing online.

Also, can you let randoms join when you already have a friend in the room?
Yes it's up and running. Although I've only played briefly.
It seems you're not possible to add people in game unlike Monster Hunter 4.
The online options are somewhat limited. (Nintendo games online usual treatment i guess.)
Internet
=> With friends
- Good old smash (all settings, you can set bots to fill in slots)
=> With anyone
- For Fun
> Free for all
> Team battle
- For Glory (Final Destination only, no items)
> Free for all
> 1 on 1
> Team battle
> Stats / records
=> Spectator mode
- Spectate - you can gamble to see who wins (I believe these are not live but replays save on the server)
- Replay channel - you can search replays with specific parameters
- World map - just a map
=> Conquest - I believe it's some kind of poll system

Last edited:

Spirst

Yes it's up and running. Although I've only played briefly.
It seems you're not possible to add people in game unlike Monster Hunter 4.
The online options are somewhat limited. (Nintendo games online usual treatment i guess.)
Internet
=> With friends
- Good old smash (all settings, you can set bots to fill in slots)
=> With anyone
- For Fun
> Free for all
> Team battle
- For Glory (Final Destination only, no items)
> Free for all
> 1 on 1
> Team battle
> Stats / records
=> Spectator mode
- Spectate - you can gamble to see who wins (I believe these are not live but replays save on the server)
- Replay channel - you can search replays with specific parameters
- World map - just a map
=> Conquest - I believe it's some kind of poll system
Ah, thanks for the reply, mate.
It's such a damn shame though that they skipped out on letting us add people we meet online. I really hope that's added in the future somehow as that would be such a huge feature in online play. Sometimes, you meet someone that's cool and who you'd want to play again. Not being able to do that was a huge frustration in Brawl and I was really hoping Nintendo would get that right in this game.

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
Can you possible read the challenge that unlocked Flat Zone 2? its the only one i need to confirm left
Dream land - Use Kirby's Final Smash
Magicant - Unlock Ness
Flat zone 2 - Unlock Mr. G & W
Pac Maze - Use Pac-man's Final Smash
Mute City - Have Captain Falcon as no.1 , 3 times
Made in Wario - Unlock Wario
Balloon fight - Use Villager 3 times

Last edited:

GloomyVic

Smash Apprentice
there's gotta be more than that because i've seen people in streams unlock him, but not unlock the stage. i think you unlock him and clear all the challenges in the first page of the challenge screen
That's what it says in the achievement description tho.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Here's an odd question for you: When you shut the game down and go back to the 3DS Home Menu, does the system act like it's resetting itself?

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Remember in Brawl how when you go to the trophy hoard, you can do this diorama thing by placing up to 4 trophies around and taking snapshots?

Is that present in this game? If so, does it suck less?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Just out of curiosity, and since noone's said anything, is it possible to configure controls for Smash 3DS in the options menu?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What's the maximum time limit for replays?

Just out of curiosity, and since noone's said anything, is it possible to configure controls for Smash 3DS in the options menu?
I remember hearing you're able to. But I think you can't use D-Pad to move?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow! Great thread! I do have one question: Have you unlocked Bowser Jr. yet? If you haven't, I heard somewhere the requirement for unlocking him is complete Classic Mode on Intensity 7.0 with Bowser. If you have, could you post his Custom Specials, please? I intend to main Iggy and I wanna know what I have to look forward to.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Hi there!
I'm new to Smashboards.
Currently I have a copy on hand.
The game stores in Hong Kong are selling them 2 days early.
I've been playing it for a couple of hours so I've still to unlock the characters.

Anyways I'm glad to answer any questions you all have.
As I only play smash casually,
I probably won't be able to answer technical questions
(eg. wave dash, chain grabs, etc.)
In your general words and opinion how can you define Toon Links offense and projectile play?
I haven't really seen much of him and I want to continue keeping him as my main.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Does stamina mode return as a battle type?

I usually play stock, but I have a soft spot for Stamina.

Also does Tournament mode return?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
In some videos it looks like his sword is actually shorter. So if anything that would be the only thing they needed to do to nerf him.
Yeah it is kinda shorter, Marth got the same treatment, which is pretty stupid. Other than that Ike is pretty solid this time around, though it doesn't seem like he would be able to deal with pressure all that well.

Articablack

Smash Apprentice
Ike's pressure game was crazy in the last game, I think he is a bit slower in the new game as well.

(This is coming from gameplay I saw on Screwattack's youtube channel.)

Last edited:

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Ah, thanks for the reply, mate.
It's such a damn shame though that they skipped out on letting us add people we meet online. I really hope that's added in the future somehow as that would be such a huge feature in online play. Sometimes, you meet someone that's cool and who you'd want to play again. Not being able to do that was a huge frustration in Brawl and I was really hoping Nintendo would get that right in this game.
I agree, it's something I really wish was present in Smash. I believe Mario Kart 8 does let you see who you've played against online and even join their race if they're in it, so here's hoping Smash Wii U does it....

One can only dream that it does it better than MK8 and actually lets us friend people and all that.

av448

Smash Cadet
Marth and Ike , my two mains in Brawl nerfed? that hurts , Ike needed a buff with a little less lag on his attack ,but nooo lets nerf his range and damage , the two thing where he was okay :(

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Care to inform us what are Diddy's custom special moves? I can't find that information anywhere.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Care to inform us what are Diddy's custom special moves? I can't find that information anywhere.
Giant Peanut
Air Poof (Still does damage)

Dive Kick (jumps back, then if B is pressed again he divekicks forward at fast speeds)
Vertical-Oriented Monkey Flip

Manual Control (Or I'm just seeing things, but you can go straight left-right and not up-left/up-right) Rocketpack
More Powerful Rocketpack

Electric/Stun Banana
Banana that shoots them Up into the Air

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Is Luigi still as floaty as he was in Brawl? And is his fireball any faster?

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Hey! How do you feel as Little Mac? He looks fun to play...

Top Bottom