• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found this over at BC

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Anyone that believes this is grasping at straws. If it was really a Nintedo emplyee, they wouldn't go to BC, and they'd probably post it and not defend themselves lol.

Mama

Smash Ace
Yea I'll call fake on this one. If he was really an employee I doubt he'd be posting at a place like that. On top of that the whole idea of "new technology" just seems like a dreamers lie.

Zodiac

Smash Master
If it as ANYTHING to do with appeasing the casual gamer i'm going be really frigging pissed, If Nintendo does ANYTHING more to smash to make it casual friendly i will probably give up smash.

True Fool

Smash Ace
The poster implements that we will be getting a Brawl 2.0 yet Sakurai did state so obviously that it would be his last and possibly THE last SSB game, so to me that hinders this guy. I mean, Nintendo wouldnt do it without him, so yeah we'll be playing Brawl for another 7 years till we receive a new console.
If they update the game a little, I think it would still count as the same game personally.

I don't necesarily see this happening, but I also didn't see stage builder happening either. Sakurai and his developers are a little unpredictable in some ways.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Also, 35 character leak anyone?

We should stop being skeptical, because being a skeptic comes with even more disappointments.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
It was probably already mentioned, but Isaac is an AT. But yeah, fake.

Rsflone

Smash Cadet
Well first of all i'm sure he'd had better things to do,second i'm sure he wouldn't want to risk his job on posting that on a random site because you can get fired for it,thid that was his first post on BC .

And having a blog is one thing like him posting it on his myspace page or something but no it was at a random site

And giving away company secrets is low anyway what kinda wroker does that?if the extremely rare chance this is true than this is the most unprofessional **** i have ever seen.

i can't belive people are naive enough to belive an obvious troll(no offence)
i strictly mentioned if he wasnt there before then itrs probably crap i guess i also failed to mention that i dont believe it,him,w/e and if i found out that nintendo had no further plans on brawl or SSB period i would be just fine with that it doesnt matter to me i was just giving a heads/tails type of thought and about company secrets being low to tell if i get hired to nintendo and find out there making another one/an add-on/downloadable content and can prove it u would rather me sit back and enjoy it to myself and not my fellow smasher? sry dont think so but now that i found it was his first BC post i can firget this thread and move on to better things thx for the info

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i would want this to be real, cause then it would make sence to make this the last SSB if u kept getting characters, items, stages, etc.

also, what if this "new idea" he says there will be is an online ranking system? Mario Kart Wii (a game coming out in the future) is getting its own Wii Channel for just that, right? maybe thats it. and that would be soo cool! or maybe the channel would allow you to buy characters stages, etc. with Wii Point cards (that would make nintendo trillions! lol)

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if someone posted this already...
Not that this is really likely, or that I believe it, but...
Is it possible that this guy does work for Nintendo and is BSing us? I mean, it might be just our luck that he was told by his superiors to get a message like this out. We buy the game, and then spend the next seven years waiting for this alleged "improvement" that never comes...? I'll still buy it, but I really hope this guy isn't pulling **** out of his ***.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I want this to be true and that is the single and sole reason I'll be checking Nintendo.com come March or April. I also did always find itsuspicious that they put Adventure Mode as the first tab on the Dojo instead of The Subspace Emissary. To me it would make more sense unless they added, oh say, a new Adventure Mode with a different name later. Adding more characters, stages, and items would be awesome too. Still I doubt this guy's telling the truth.

Mike87

Smash Ace
The "brand new revolutionary technology" he's talking about is the ability to rewrite data to a game disc in order to modify the coding, for example, programming additional elements. This is what will allow for expansion. We should get the Wii add-on sometime next year, depending on how development goes.
His/Her Name is a dead giveaway.

The poster implements that we will be getting a Brawl 2.0 yet Sakurai did state so obviously that it would be his last and possibly THE last SSB game, so to me that hinders this guy. I mean, Nintendo wouldnt do it without him, so yeah we'll be playing Brawl for another 7 years till we receive a new console.
Where did you hear that?

Nintendude has some credibility, if it's the same one who made the compendium on GfaQs
What compendium?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Who cares about SSB4 downloadable content is in brawl

There's a news that a Wii ware for SSBB will come out called, SSBB :New Challenger.
The channel will provide new characters, new stages, musics, trophies and stickers.
But those are not free. You have to buy them with Wii points.
The points and the release date will be announced soon.
I found this now... if this is true, it debunks the stuff this guy says, but this is even better.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Nice find. I'll definetly be investing into this.

EDIT: (Provided it's not complete bull, that is.)

mloloya1

Smash Rookie
I found this now... if this is true, it debunks the stuff this guy says, but this is even better.
Man... Now if I can only... and only learn how to speak the complicated language known as Japanese with its many dialects....

Can anyone figure out where exactly on that magazine picture the quote taken is from exactly :( or even if that magazine scan is real:mad:

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Or, what this thread is talking about (the "revelutionary technoledgy") disproves the magazine scan. Or they disprove eachother and therefor prove eachother and therefor disprove eachother and break the fabric of time and space and send everything into a swirling vortex of distruction.

...Or neither are true.

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
I say just wait and see.

This sounds too good to be true, and knowing how Nintendo loves their fans (coughnotcough), it's most likely not going to happen.

It's not like I'll be playing Brawl until after this spring anyway, [sarcasm]thank you NoE. [/sarcasm]

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
I say fake for now, but I have a theory.

Someone pointed out in the first few pages of the topic that a new hand held could possibly be coming out end of 2009. Since the Wii and DS are already compatible, maybe it's possible that Nintendo will sell cartdriges for the new game system ((which, undoubtedly, will have more computer strength than the DS)), which will allow us to connect to the Wii and send data held on those cards to a game. For Brawl, it'd probably be sets of characters, or maybe stages? I mean like, LARGE sets of expansions.

Granted, that's just my geek-fantasy, but still.

It'd be sweet. :D

*prepares to be shot/slapped with a large trout*

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
I say fake for now, but I have a theory.

Someone pointed out in the first few pages of the topic that a new hand held could possibly be coming out end of 2009. Since the Wii and DS are already compatible, maybe it's possible that Nintendo will sell cartdriges for the new game system ((which, undoubtedly, will have more computer strength than the DS)), which will allow us to connect to the Wii and send data held on those cards to a game. For Brawl, it'd probably be sets of characters, or maybe stages? I mean like, LARGE sets of expansions.

Granted, that's just my geek-fantasy, but still.

It'd be sweet. :D

*prepares to be shot/slapped with a large trout*
er... i don't get it

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
He's suggesting that maybe the next gen handheld from Nintendo will be able to wirelessly send data over to the Wii, and maybe even characters if there is a SSB made for it. Kinda like how in Super Mario Tennis for the N64, you could connect the GBC version of the game up to it using the GBA-N64 controller connector that came with Pokemon Stadium, and unlock new characters.

Top Bottom